How Long Is 'To Do' List?

Old January 9th 06, 06:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Default How Long Is 'To Do' List?

How long is everyone's 'To Do' list? I mean all those charts that you had
to have at the time, and they're now tucked away somewhere just waiting to
be started. )

I have a collection of charts that I haven't even broke into yet, but I just
HAD to have them! I still intend to do them, but I sorted them numerically
(must stitch first, must stitch second, etc.) LOL the other day and had no
idea my collection was getting so long! I have:

Lavender & Lace - Santa Of The Forest
Jean McIntosh - Bowl Of Roses
Babs Fuhrmann - A Winter Scene By Moonlight
Babs Fuhrmann - Pinkie
Babs Fuhrmann - Blue Boy
Linda Bird - Herb Window Garden - (One herb at a time as jar covers for my
herbs)
Alice Godkin - 2 florals
Jean McIntosh - English Garden

And these are only the ones I have yet to start! I won't even mention my
many W.I.P.!

Maureen

--
Maureen Miller
Http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...5909&members=1

Old January 9th 06, 07:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

My To Do List is just as *bad* Maureen ... these are just some of the
projects in line:

Bucilla Kit - Vintage Purses
Bucilla Kit - Vintage Shoes
(and me who hates kits, but loved these)
Mystic Stitch - Dewberry
Mystic Stitch - Cat's Eye
Janlynn's - Girl With Cosmos
Lanarte - The Bride
Lynne Nicoletti's - Bluenose Dime
Foxberry Cottage - Peggy's Cove Lighthouse
Lanarte - Girls With Bicycles
Lanarte - Wildflowers

And many many more - but these ones are lined up first - at least until
I spot another 'must have' at my LNS. It really is a sickness. :-))

Sharon
.................................................. ...................

Old January 9th 06, 07:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Longer than my arm. Long enough to take the rest of my life, and I come
from a line of very very long-lived women.
Dawne

Old January 10th 06, 02:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Maureen In Vancouver, B.C. wrote:
How long is everyone's 'To Do' list?

Too long to post! If I actually wrote down everything I *want* to do,
I think I would become depressed because I haven't done them and don't
have the time right now to do them. LOL!

Joan

Old January 10th 06, 02:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote ...
Maureejn Maybe , if you worked on an item or two , instead of making
the lists ??? you will have less ,,, TO DO LIsts ???

This is one of the most construction suggestions I've heard for the new
year---think of the time some people could save. I never have actual "to
do" lists, but have an acquaintance whose daily "to do" list begins "make
revised to do list".
Dawne

Old January 10th 06, 03:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Well it really depends on what you mean by "to do" list. I have learned
the hard way to pick up patterns that I like when I see them before they
go out of print. I also do my best to support designers that I like by
picking up patterns that catch my eye. Because of this habit, I have a
filing drawer full of patterns. Say what you will, at least I am
organized . Technically you could say all of those patterns are on my
"to do" list, because I do hope to stitch them someday. For this year
though, I have more definite goals. I am currently working on Bent
Creek's Winter Row for my double-shelf fireplace in the living room. I
have already done Spring Row and Autumn Row, so the only other one I
need to do to be "covered" is Summer Row. I also talked about having
that cute shelf my hubby gave me for my birthday in the hall. I've been
stitching small blocks from The Trilogy's "ology" series and have so far
done two each from Autumnology, Winterology, and Eekology. I plan to do
two each from Cardiology, Springology and Summerology so that I can
constantly change the look of my shelf throughout the year. I am
working on the "initials" idea I discussed- L for hubby, C for me and H
for our last name and have completed H Is For Honey by the Prairie
Schooler already. I plan to be rotating in and out "L", "C", and "H"
patterns by The Prairie Schooler, Heart in Hand and Carriage House
Samplings. I plan to do Mary Pleasant Curry by Carriage House Samplings
to add to my "darks" in the hallway. I also have several other larger
projects that I rotate in and out such as the Dora Sanger Sampler by The
Scarlet Letter. Whew! I better stop posting and get stitching!

Chris Howard

Old January 10th 06, 04:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

On 1/9/06 2:15 PM, in article , "Dawne
Peterson" wrote:

Longer than my arm. Long enough to take the rest of my life, and I come
from a line of very very long-lived women.
Dawne

Way too long and the only thing longer is my to be read pile/list.

Cheryl

Old April 23rd 06, 05:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Hi!
Well, I have many USOs aka UnStarted Objects or something like that...I have
not counted them...I think there are more than 10 but less than 200...so
there are rather much.
Best: Pirjo

Old April 23rd 06, 05:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Pirjo Ilvesvuori wrote:
Hi!
Well, I have many USOs aka UnStarted Objects or something like that...I have
not counted them...I think there are more than 10 but less than 200...so
there are rather much.
Best: Pirjo

Well, dear, you are young and have YEARS and YEARS to start them, or
change your mind about them.

When you are "lots" older, like 50 more years, then your question really
takes on a new meaning!! I found a box under my bed, that has about
40-50 kitted up items, or kits, and at 70 (almost, Lucille's birthday is
before mine) it makes me wonder how long the eyes will be able to see to
stitch them up! This, naturally, doesn't include UFOs and WIPs. Of
course there are some things that I put together, or started, fifteen
years ago that I am not the least interested in, anymore.

Gillian