What we're stitching now...

Old November 9th 05, 09:25 AM
Pat P

Default What we're stitching now...

wrote in message
oups.com...

Jere Williams wrote:
I thought perhaps it might be interesting to know what we are all
stitching
right now -- I'd suspect it's a wide cross-section.

I love interesting quotes, and I'm doing one now that says: I pray that
risen from the dead, I may in Glory stand. A Crown perhaps upon my head,
but a needle in my hand."

The last quote I did said as I told y'all, "Things haven't been the same
since that house fell on my sister."

The one before that was "A needle in the hand is worth two in the couch."
My dh strongly agreed with that one.
--
Jere

Two different Long Dog Samplers: Bagatelle and Paradigm Lost.

I updated my webshots the other day with fairly recent picks of both:
http://community.webshots.com/album/51127278kgUSFg

That should take you directly to my UFO album.

Caryn

Boy, you`re a busy girl! How long have you been on them, or shouldn`t I
ask?

Pat P

Old November 9th 05, 09:26 AM
Pat P

"Gill Murray" wrote in message

Dr. Brat wrote:
Pat P wrote:

Not as funny as when, many years ago, he decided to try to cook an egg
in our microwave. n(In it`s shell, although I warned him) He did it -
nothing happened, so he triumphantly put it in an egg-cup, tapped it
with a spoon and - BANG!!! Egg all over the kitchen and, I`m glad to
say, stuck in his beard! Hilarious. Took him ages to clean up himself
AND the kitchen. Did the kids and I laugh? What do you think!

May years ago, after Thanksgiving dinner, my mother decided to make
microwave peanut brittle. All we had was peanuts in the shell, so she
shelled them and had a half cup. The recipe called for a cup of peanuts
so she cut the recipe in half, but forgot to half the time. Set the fool
microwave on fire and is lucky she didn't cause any dammage to the house
(one of my brothers pushed her out of the way, closed the door, and
carried the thing outside, still burning).

She was more than a little put out when many of us gave her peanut
brittle for Christmas. *grin*

Elizabeth (who comes by her bratty ways naturally)

It is a bit cruel to laugh, but the late lamented MIL (may she haunt all)
almost set my kitchen on fire. I had bought some of those very tiny
(4-5)in diameter pizza for her. She really loved her pizza. Well, I walked
into the kitchen, black smoke was everywhere, and the old girl was
patiently standing by the microwave. She insisted that the instructions
said cook on high for 6 mins. My, we had a blackened hockeypuck.

Until the day she died , three months ago, she would never admit she had
ever been wrong. isn't life strange???

And did you have her cremated?

(Sorry!)

Pat P

Old November 9th 05, 11:09 AM
Cheryl Isaak

On 11/8/05 7:21 PM, in article ribcf.7038$6M6.705@trnddc04, "Gill Murray"
wrote:

Joanie R. wrote:
I've been working on the Dog Christmas stocking from the last issue of Just
Cross Stitch. It is coming out so cute. It is for my cocker spaniel
Brandy.

2nd item: Knitting baby preemie caps for a local hospital

3rd item: working on a Hardanger angel that I would love to finish this
year, but those Greek crosses are really tough to do. Then the next
stitching doesn't look all that easy. Started this with a group of women
who get together twice a month to stitch. Out of 6 of us, only one got it
finished (it's been 3 years), and that was the instructor of the project.

4th item:Pamela Kellogg's Winter into Spring online design. Working on the
3rd section with shamrocks. I love how it is coming together.

There are many other WIP's, but those are what I have been concentrating on
the last few months.

Joanie R.

I suppose I should here now!! We have gotten(US English bad, UK English
OK) slowly unpacking after our big trip.

I started a couple of things this week, they were rewards for finishing
Ckaire Murray's Cat and Pansies. A solid piece of stitching.

As a reward, I started two new projects.

The first is a kit, done on Navy Aida,named "The Wedding Gift". This
will be my gift to my son (40) and his first bride (Aya) in Japan.
Hopefully the unending knot will be symbolic, and the Navy and Gold
represent the 20 plus years he has served our country.

The second is a quick and dirty kit bought at Shelburne Museum in
Vermont!! DH is one of the last people to travel on Lake Champlain
aboard the Ticonderoga. You Yankees understand, right??

Gillian

Aye-uh, I do understand!

Cheryl

Old November 9th 05, 11:30 AM

Pat P wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Jere Williams wrote:
[...]

Started both of them in 2005, Bagatelle in late spring or early summer,
Paradigm in Jan I think.

Mom wants Paradigm Lost when I finish it. Thinking I might give it to
her, but with the agreement that it reverts to me when she passes! (a
while away yet I'm sure).

Caryn

Old November 9th 05, 01:42 PM
Cheryl Isaak

On 11/9/05 8:51 AM, in article , "Dawne
Peterson" wrote:

"Pat P wrote

And did you have her cremated?

(Sorry!)

Bloody hell Pat---I needed that coffee much more than my monitor does.
Dawne

Hee, hee!