Ot Just Clothes !!!Length of skirt ?

Old July 9th 08, 11:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Bruce Fletcher (Stronsay, Orkney)

Default Ot Just Clothes !!!Length of skirt ?

Most of the females from families who are linked to the local monastery
www.papastronsay.co.uk wear full length skirts and never wear
slacks/jeans. Even the female archaeologists who visited to excavate
Papa Stronsay a few years ago had to wear long skirts; and the males had
to wear long trousers rather than shorts. It's an historical, cultural
thing I suppose; men remove hats in church whilst women don headgear of
some sort.
--
Bruce Fletcher
(Remove dentures to reply)
Old July 10th 08, 02:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
fran

At 5'2" and *wide* anything below the knee just makes me look wider,
so I go for just above the knee.

Fran
Old July 10th 08, 04:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Jul 9, 11:26*pm, Shanti wrote:
On Jul 7, 9:06*pm, wrote:

I don`t know how many of you wear *skirts at times , but how long is/
are your skirts,, amkle length ? under /over knee ???
Just curious ???
I wear mostly skirts/dresses , length is from ankle to under knee ?
mirjam

I tend to agree with Joan. I'm not very tall, and my slimness doesn't
save me from looking dumpy in a long skirt. Mid-calf is the maximum I
tend to go. But having said that, my preferred length is just below
the knee. But I own to having a couple of denim skirts finishing just
above the knee, and when it gets warm (if it ever does in this
constant rain) I even wear "short" shorts. I don't know how many more
years I can, so I'm determined to get the most out of them while I
still can!

-Shanti.

Thank you Shanti ,
I am learning a lot from all of you ,
mirjam
Old July 10th 08, 04:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Jul 10, 12:25*am, lewmew wrote:
I'm 5'10" and leggy, so I can wear a lot of different lengths. *Most
of my winter work skirts tend to be mid-calf and straight. *In summer,
I go all over the place from right above the knee to mid-calf. *I like
just below the knee a lot in summer. *And no sleeves

I lost a lot of weight, so I needed to buy new shorts this year - most
of them are a couple of inches above the knee - Bermuda or metro
length. *Capris just look stupid on me.

Linda

Thank you Linda ,,
It is a delight to read , how persons are free to make their choices
and why they do it ,,
mirjam
Old July 10th 08, 04:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Jul 8, 12:21*am, Olwyn Mary wrote:
wrote:
I don`t know how many of you wear *skirts at times , but how long is/
are your skirts,, amkle length ? under /over knee ???
Just curious ???
I wear mostly skirts/dresses , length is from ankle to under knee ?
mirjam

I find the most attractive length on me is around 1.5 or 2 inches below
the bottom of the kneecap. *Fortunately, I make all my dress clothes, I
think the way they are showing them in the shops these days at just
above the kneecap is the most UNattractive length on the majority of women.

Old July 10th 08, 04:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Jul 10, 1:37*am, "Bruce Fletcher (Stronsay, Orkney)"
wrote:
Most of the females from families who are linked to the local monastery
www.papastronsay.co.uk wear full length skirts and never wear
slacks/jeans. Even the female archaeologists who visited to excavate
Papa Stronsay a few years ago had to wear long skirts; and the males had
to wear long trousers rather than shorts. It's an historical, cultural
thing I suppose; men remove hats in church whilst women don headgear of
some sort.
--
Bruce Fletcher
(Remove dentures to reply)

Sorry Bruce , tried the Adress you gave , but nothing appeared ???
What kind of Dig was done there ? What kind of Order does the
monastery belong to ????
mirjam
Old July 10th 08, 04:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Jul 10, 4:47*am, Fran wrote:
At 5'2" and *wide* anything below the knee just makes me look wider,
so I go for just above the knee.

Fran

As long as you feel ok in it ,,,, it is good that you can wear
this ,,,
mirjam
Old July 10th 08, 06:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dawne Peterson

I wear skirts very seldom these days, because although my workplace's dress
code permits them, they make sense for women at the cash desk, but not for
those of us working on the sales floor. I bend, lift, crawl around to
arrange things on shelves, climb up step stools and walk and run several km
daily. Pantihose would never stand up to it. Pants look better with the
kind of shoes I need to wear to meet the dress code and be reasonably
mobile.

I am going out to dinner with a friend and a visiting student on Friday, and
if it is as hot as today, I might wear a dress I bought recently. The hem
is just below the kneecap, whichh is where I prefer them, as I am fairly
short, and think longer hems make me look even shorter.

Dawne

Scarves - length? Katherine Hutter Yarn 18 October 9th 04 08:31 AM
fs&fa FOR QUILT PIECING, Doll Clothes Piecing, Children Clothes Piecing – FINEST IRON AVAILABLE AT ANY PRICE! singer_fw_iron_lover Marketplace 1 August 9th 04 11:10 PM
choker length biig Beads 3 December 18th 03 08:46 PM
weaving help for length Cher Yarn 7 September 28th 03 02:25 PM
Anklet length question Helen C Beads 3 August 7th 03 03:18 PM