Ot Just Clothes !!!Length of skirt ?

Old July 7th 08, 09:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

Default Ot Just Clothes !!!Length of skirt ?

I don`t know how many of you wear skirts at times , but how long is/
are your skirts,, amkle length ? under /over knee ???
Just curious ???
I wear mostly skirts/dresses , length is from ankle to under knee ?
mirjam
Old July 8th 08, 10:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

On Jul 7, 3:06 pm, wrote:
I don`t know how many of you wear skirts at times , but how long is/
are your skirts,, amkle length ? under /over knee ???

On the *very* rare occasion that I *do* wear a skirt/dress, it's
usually no longer than just below my knees. If I wear anything
longer, it makes me look short and dumpy! Just above my knees is
better.

Joan
Old July 9th 08, 04:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Jul 8, 11:12*am, "Bruce Fletcher (Stronsay, Orkney)"
I don`t know how many of you wear *skirts at times , but how long is/
are your skirts,, amkle length ? under /over knee ???
Just curious ???
I wear mostly skirts/dresses , length is from ankle to under knee ?
mirjam

I never wear a skirt, not even a kilt. However, in the past I have been
known to wear medieval costume which is skirt-like g
Bruce

Well Bruce , I am not going to ask you about the Length of your Re-
enactment Costumes ,,, I am curious about Skirt lengths of LADIES
Now !!!!
mirjam
Old July 9th 08, 11:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Jul 8, 2:11*pm, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 7/7/08 4:06 PM, in article
,

" wrote:
I don`t know how many of you wear *skirts at times , but how long is/
are your skirts,, amkle length ? under /over knee ???
Just curious ???
I wear mostly skirts/dresses , length is from ankle to under knee ?
mirjam

When I wear a skirt or even "shorts", they tend to be knee length or longer.
Don't want scare small children.

Thank you Cheryll
mirjam
Old July 9th 08, 11:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Jul 9, 12:59*am, "Joan E." wrote:
On Jul 7, 3:06 pm, wrote:

I don`t know how many of you wear *skirts at times , but how long is/
are your skirts,, amkle length ? under /over knee ???

On the *very* rare occasion that I *do* wear a skirt/dress, it's
usually no longer than just below my knees. *If I wear anything
longer, it makes me look short and dumpy! *Just above my knees is
better.

Joan

Thank you Joan
mirjam
Old July 9th 08, 09:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Shanti

On Jul 7, 9:06*pm, wrote:
I don`t know how many of you wear *skirts at times , but how long is/
are your skirts,, amkle length ? under /over knee ???
Just curious ???
I wear mostly skirts/dresses , length is from ankle to under knee ?
mirjam

I tend to agree with Joan. I'm not very tall, and my slimness doesn't
save me from looking dumpy in a long skirt. Mid-calf is the maximum I
tend to go. But having said that, my preferred length is just below
the knee. But I own to having a couple of denim skirts finishing just
above the knee, and when it gets warm (if it ever does in this
constant rain) I even wear "short" shorts. I don't know how many more
years I can, so I'm determined to get the most out of them while I
still can!

-Shanti.
Old July 9th 08, 10:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lewmew

I'm 5'10" and leggy, so I can wear a lot of different lengths. Most
of my winter work skirts tend to be mid-calf and straight. In summer,
I go all over the place from right above the knee to mid-calf. I like
just below the knee a lot in summer. And no sleeves

I lost a lot of weight, so I needed to buy new shorts this year - most
of them are a couple of inches above the knee - Bermuda or metro
length. Capris just look stupid on me.

Linda

Scarves - length? Katherine Hutter Yarn 18 October 9th 04 08:31 AM
fs&fa FOR QUILT PIECING, Doll Clothes Piecing, Children Clothes Piecing – FINEST IRON AVAILABLE AT ANY PRICE! singer_fw_iron_lover Marketplace 1 August 9th 04 11:10 PM
choker length biig Beads 3 December 18th 03 08:46 PM
weaving help for length Cher Yarn 7 September 28th 03 02:25 PM
Anklet length question Helen C Beads 3 August 7th 03 03:18 PM