New Thread: The New Project You're Lusting after

Old December 7th 06, 08:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dr. Brat

Default New Thread: The New Project You're Lusting after

Lucille wrote:

I'm on a sampler kick and I'm yearning for an intricate band sampler. Any
suggestions???

"Open Heart" by the Drawn Thread or almost anything by Indigo Rose.

Elizabeth
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old December 7th 06, 08:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Queen City x-stitcher

Susan Hartman wrote:
Lucille wrote:

I'm on a sampler kick and I'm yearning for an intricate band
sampler. Any suggestions???

I did a Celtic band sampler from Homespun Samplar that's lovely and
was great fun. I stitched it in silks. It hangs in my living room.

Photo he

http://www.homespunsamplar.com/produ...ucts_id= 8334

Is it intricate enough for what you're looking for?

Sue

That is the one I am currently working on. I Changed the threads to
Gentle Art Sampler threads and It is coming out great. I'm about 3/4 of
the way finished.

Bobbie V.

remove the knot with a net to reply

Old December 7th 06, 08:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille

"Susan Hartman" wrote in message
news
Lucille wrote:

I'm on a sampler kick and I'm yearning for an intricate band sampler.
Any suggestions???

I did a Celtic band sampler from Homespun Samplar that's lovely and was
great fun. I stitched it in silks. It hangs in my living room.

Photo he

http://www.homespunsamplar.com/produ...ucts_id= 8334

Is it intricate enough for what you're looking for?

Sue

Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen
The Magazine of Folk and World Music
http://www.dirtylinen.com

I've been leaning toward something from The Drawn Thread. I already own the
chart for their Souvenir Sampler but that one will require lots of time to
do properly. This time I'm leaning toward one of the smaller ones with lots
of different stitches.

But thanks. So far I've seen several that are great.

Lucille

Old December 7th 06, 09:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
DuelingNeedles

Lucille -- how about "the Desiderata Sampler" by Indigo-Rose -- i have
that kitted up and waiting

and Caryn -- i too fell in love with O Holy Nite -- i sat and watched
it for over a year before i bought it --

both are amongst the ones in the "next" bag to start -- but i must
finish 2 first -- i have 1 color in the leaves and the vine to finish
one and then i will start back on the millenium sampler

although my time for personal stitching is a little short with
scrambling to get Christmas gifts done ... i am hoping to have a
sewing/stitching marathon this weekend

"T"
hoping the 30 + degree weather will have cold winds as not to be
tempted outside this weekend lol

On Dec 7, 1:05 pm, "Lucille" wrote:
"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in ...

On 12/7/06 11:51 AM, in article
,
"Susan Hartman" wrote:

It's time for everyone to have a time-out... Let's share the latest
project you've seen that's calling out to you.

For me, I just discovered a small photo of Martina Weber's "Christmas
Mystery II" and fell in love/fibre lust. It's on this page...(You have
to scroll way down, and I couldn't find any other more close-up pictures
that showed the whole thing.)

http://www.silkweavershowcase.com/cg....pl?y1Fjc7n&06

Anybody else?

Sue

HMMM - I have several things I want to start. I may just put Miss Gertie
Bird on the lap frame and go for it. Since it is all DMC, I won't worry
about the effect of my hands on anything "nicer"....

CherylI'm on a sampler kick and I'm yearning for an intricate band sampler. Any

suggestions???

Lucille

Old December 7th 06, 09:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lewmew

Stoney Creek - O Holy NIght
Anybody have a link to this? I'd love to see it - I like a lot of
Stoney Creek designs!

Old December 7th 06, 09:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille

"Dr. Brat" wrote in message
. ..
Lucille wrote:

I'm on a sampler kick and I'm yearning for an intricate band sampler.
Any suggestions???

"Open Heart" by the Drawn Thread or almost anything by Indigo Rose.

Elizabeth
The most important thing one woman can do for another is to illuminate and
expand her sense of actual possibilities. --Adrienne Rich
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I know and love The Drawn Thread but for whatever reason I was totally
unfamiliar with Indigo Rose. Now I'm not sure whether I should say thank
you for introducing me to them or why did you do that, you gave me a
problem. :^)

They do have some really nice pieces.

Lucille

Old December 7th 06, 10:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Dec 7, 2:58 pm, "Lucille" wrote:
"Dr. Brat" wrote in messagenews:1uSdnULoF9j35uXYnZ2dnUVZ_hmdnZ2d@comca st.com...

Lucille wrote:

I'm on a sampler kick and I'm yearning for an intricate band sampler.
Any suggestions???

"Open Heart" by the Drawn Thread or almost anything by Indigo Rose.

Elizabeth
The most important thing one woman can do for another is to illuminate and
expand her sense of actual possibilities. --Adrienne Rich
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*I know and love The Drawn Thread but for whatever reason I was totally

unfamiliar with Indigo Rose. Now I'm not sure whether I should say thank
you for introducing me to them or why did you do that, you gave me a
problem. :^)

They do have some really nice pieces.

Lucille

There are several really lovely Drawn Thread Samplers you could choose.
The Indigo Rose patterns do not stay on her current list very long.
One of my guilds is doing it as an on line stitch along starting in
January and several of my local friends are planning on stitching it.
I know one of my LNS has a teacher for another Indigo Rose pattern
which is out of print but, Indigo Rose is going to make enough
available for that one class. And the pattern is only 5 years old.
The Essampler.com is another great place to see samplers as is The
Scarlet Letter. You can just spend hours and hours looking at the
samplers. Some are reproductions of antique samplers. EGA has some
designs for sale on their website as well. These are reproductions of
samplers in the EGA collection.

Now that you have been enabled to a far greater extent than you
probable wanted you will of course, let us know which sampler you
decide to do. Have you seen Marriage of the Minds? Just to add fuel
to the fire.

Have fun.

Alice

Old December 7th 06, 11:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C - California

Mag wrote:

Karen - are you EVER going to get that Holiday Snowglobe done??
Seems to me I have seen that in your sig line for years....

mag

You're not mistaken. It's on black fabric, so got set aside when I had
a white cat visiting, and it keeps getting misplaced by cleaners who
don't get it that it is SO possible to work on three things at once.

I *think* I've finally collected all the pieces in one place (because,
of course, all bags of floss must be put in the same box, and all charts
in another box.....), so that's going to be part of my 2007 Year of the UFO.

--

Karen C - California
www.CFSfacts.org where we give you the facts and dispel the myths

Finished 11/18/06 -- Christmas Angel (Marbek)

WIP: baby and housewarming gifts, July birthstone, Flowers of
Hawaii (Jeanette Crews) for ME!!!
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel
LTR: Fireman's Prayer (#2), Amid Amish Life, Angel of Autumn,
Calif Sampler, Holiday Snowglobe

Editor/Proofreader www.KarenMCampbell.com
Design page http://www.KarenMCampbell.com/designs.html
Old December 8th 06, 12:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C - California

T Michelle Jensen wrote:

The angel on the cover of last month's CrossStitcher mag. I'm doing it on a
16 ct. irridescent white aida, and I'm going to use Swarovski 3mm crystal
beads for the halo & 2 black crystals for the eyes.

Hint, hint ... I did Christmas Angel on 14-ct Aida with gold threads
woven in. By using 2 strands (instead of the usual 3 strands on 14),
some of the gold underlay sparkles through her dress. It's there, but
not screamingly there.

On 16, try a sample section with 1 strand and another with 2 strands
(which is more typical for 16), and see if the iridescent shows through
with 2 or if you like it better with 1. It *really* adds something to
have that little subtle sparkle inside the angel.