So - what are you stitching

Old June 23rd 09, 12:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default So - what are you stitching

I've been stitching away at a baby dragon alphabet. I've also spent a little
time on Bouquet for Cheryl in the DMC variation dark green. I've also got a
purse project that hasn't been touched since lacrosse practices ended. But
since DD is going to a lacrosse clinic, I guess I'll have the chance.

Cheryl

Old June 23rd 09, 01:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
I've been stitching away at a baby dragon alphabet. I've also spent a
little
time on Bouquet for Cheryl in the DMC variation dark green. I've also got
purse project that hasn't been touched since lacrosse practices ended. But
since DD is going to a lacrosse clinic, I guess I'll have the chance.

Cheryl

I'm working on Lora Perin's Amethyst Dreams, in Donna's luscious colorway of
black/silver. Very dramatic and interesting and probably my last geometric
needlepoint/bargello piece for a while.

Lucille

Old June 23rd 09, 01:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nancy

On Jun 23, 7:23�am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
I've been stitching away at a baby dragon alphabet. I've also spent a little
time on Bouquet for Cheryl in the DMC variation dark green. I've also got a
purse project that hasn't been touched since lacrosse practices ended. But
since DD is going to a lacrosse clinic, I guess I'll have the chance.

Cheryl

While I haven't stitched since before the deluge last week,
I've been working on Little House Needelworks "The
Bookshelf."
I've spent my time cleaning up the yard and the
basement after 4 inches of rain in less than 6 hours
made quite a mess. We had a river going down the
street, over the curbs. Fortunately we're on the high
side and only had water that seeped below the window
wells and the usual back wall of the cellar. Neighbors
lost furnaces, and pile of stuff.

Nancy in Pgh, City of Champions
Old June 23rd 09, 02:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
MargW

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
I've been stitching away at a baby dragon alphabet. I've also spent a little
time on Bouquet for Cheryl in the DMC variation dark green. I've also got a
purse project that hasn't been touched since lacrosse practices ended. But
since DD is going to a lacrosse clinic, I guess I'll have the chance.

Cheryl

Big freaking model for X's and O's (Jo Gatenby). It's going to take me
until at least September or October. I started it in April, and am
spending at least an hour a day (often 3-4 hours) on it.

Part of it, is that I'm proofreading the chart as I go, and marking all
obvious errors or omissions.

Quite cute pattern though. I'll ask Jo if I can post a picture at RCTNP
when I'm finished the stitching.

MargW
Old June 23rd 09, 02:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 6/23/09 9:06 AM, in article , "MargW"
wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
I've been stitching away at a baby dragon alphabet. I've also spent a little
time on Bouquet for Cheryl in the DMC variation dark green. I've also got a
purse project that hasn't been touched since lacrosse practices ended. But
since DD is going to a lacrosse clinic, I guess I'll have the chance.

Cheryl

Big freaking model for X's and O's (Jo Gatenby). It's going to take me
until at least September or October. I started it in April, and am
spending at least an hour a day (often 3-4 hours) on it.

Part of it, is that I'm proofreading the chart as I go, and marking all
obvious errors or omissions.

Quite cute pattern though. I'll ask Jo if I can post a picture at RCTNP
when I'm finished the stitching.

MargW

I like some of their stuff. Look forward to seeing it.

Old June 23rd 09, 03:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Jinx Minx

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
I've been stitching away at a baby dragon alphabet. I've also spent a
little
time on Bouquet for Cheryl in the DMC variation dark green. I've also got
purse project that hasn't been touched since lacrosse practices ended. But
since DD is going to a lacrosse clinic, I guess I'll have the chance.

Cheryl

I'm just working on a cheap little kit (I think Dimensions) that caught my
eye while wandering the aisles at Joann's. It's a little piece of just a
hot pink "M" with a little princess crown of gold beads on the top of it
that'll be perfect stuffed into a little decorative pillow for my daughter.
I thought it'd be a quickie do, but I never seem to find much time to stitch
in order to get it finished. I'm also working on finishing up another
crocheted blanket for her that I started after she was born (blanket #3).
I've been having a lot of trouble with my hand and arm the past few weeks
which is making crocheting difficult (stitching too). Hopefully that goes
away soon--I have no idea what's causing it.

Jinx

Old June 23rd 09, 04:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dawne Peterson

not stitching at the moment, but acquiring some interesting stuff. I just
ordered some orange and yellow checked fabric and the threads in pinks and
purples to complete a piece from Stitch Graffiti (Heather Holland Daly of
Monster Bubbles) --Follow your Truth. And I ordered in the whole set of
Pride and Prejudice Samplers we talked about earlier this year (The
Stitching Parlour, IIRC) but those will be a winter pleasure. Traditional
Stitches in Calgary is my source for all these goodies--fellow Canadians
take note, they are very very good.
I do need to start something--was stash searching last night. I think it
might be Monster Bubbles Lizzy Border design, which suits my current mood
entirely.

Dawne

Old June 23rd 09, 06:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 6/23/09 7:23 AM, "Cheryl Isaak" wrote:

I've been stitching away at a baby dragon alphabet. I've also spent a little
time on Bouquet for Cheryl in the DMC variation dark green. I've also got a
purse project that hasn't been touched since lacrosse practices ended. But
since DD is going to a lacrosse clinic, I guess I'll have the chance.

Cheryl

Good question.

Hmmmm - in no special order:
Finishing the details of Amethyst Dreams - so it goes to framer this week
Started original piece for MTP - haven't decided on name yet
Started "Quackworth" from Ink Circles

And, more Baroque - it never ends. Same with Twister. Pictures to come.

Ellice

Old June 23rd 09, 07:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Tia Mary

Cheryl Isaak wrote:

I've been stitching away at a baby dragon alphabet. I've also spent a little
time on Bouquet for Cheryl in the DMC variation dark green. I've also got a
purse project that hasn't been touched since lacrosse practices ended. But
since DD is going to a lacrosse clinic, I guess I'll have the chance.

Cheryl

I finished an OLD WIP -- a waste canvas design on a sweatshirt. A
cat, of course. I just got tired of looking at it taking up space and
decided I would drop everything and do that. It is an Imaginating
design and is very cute. I pulled a bunch of the wc threads because I
was bored and have just now washed the sweatshirt. I've left some of
the wc in so that I can take the piece to my Needlework Group in a few
days and show them how to remove the wc. Photos to follow once I get
the whole thing done.
I also finished the Tooth Fairy pillow for the SMDGD. She's lost 2
teeth so it's about time I get that ready for her!! It's a Sweetheart
Tree design and very cute and easy to work up. I added a bunch of
blending filament (039? the opalescent one) to the wings and changed the
color of the beads. I also used some of the fiber that I dyed in
Catherine Jordan's class a few years ago for the border and it looks
very nice if I do say so meself :-). I'll take photos when I get the
sweatshirt done and then do them at the same time.
I'm about to go start in again on my final seasonal bell pull. It's
the Spring design -- one of four from Calico Crossroad. This is the
stuff that Janet (my stitchin' buddy) gave me the banding and hardware
for as my Christmas gift several years ago. They are all done in silks
and I changed a lot of the colors to go with my decor. They are really
pretty designs and I totally love the way they turn out.
Once that is done, I want to get back to the needlepoint cats that
my friend Valerie gave me the supplies for as my Christmas gift --
before Janet ever gave me the stuff! Anyone who goes through the Nordic
Needle catalogue has seen this piece. It's a silhouette of a tall
sitting cat in black. The background is sectioned off using straight
black lines and the sections are stitched in Needle Necessities fibers.
I've got the black lines done and that's it but that's the hard part
-- have to be careful about counting. Now it's just a matter of filling
in the empty areas of color -- no counting at all!
That's it. Lots of sewing lately -- fixing stuff and doing things
long promised for family & friends. Have to make the window treatments
for my DSis' GS, prep the kimono silks for DD's jacket and decide on the
fabric for my winter quilt that I will take to Lizard Land when I go
next month. Lots of stuff to do and here I sit on my dead, lazy Irish
tuchas -- LOLOL! CiaoMeow ^;;^

--
PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!

Been Stitching Away! alicia in Hawaii Needlework 0 June 15th 08 10:08 PM
New stitching tip Joan E. Needlework 1 May 19th 08 05:53 PM
What we're stitching now... Jere Williams Needlework 275 April 22nd 06 08:04 PM
what we're stitching now Jere Williams Needlework 2 November 9th 05 12:16 PM
Stitching Over 1 Tia Mary Needlework 5 August 22nd 05 05:36 AM