REALLY OT..Info on Sunbeam MixMster

Old January 19th 09, 12:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Bruce Fletcher (remove dentures to reply)

Default REALLY OT..Info on Sunbeam MixMster

"Gillian Murray" wrote in message
OK, guys, we are in the midst of the big annual yardsale. I have unearthed
the EMIL's Sunbeam MixMaster. #100-86659. It has the two bowls, and
various mixing tools. Is this something I stick $2 on, or is it really
more of a collector pieces. Haven't a clue, have never used it, but she
made banana bread forever, at least up to a couple of years before she
died in 2005.

We have a Kenwood Chef which was purchased about 25 year ago. Maureen
uses the dough hook to make bread and another gadget to make Yorkshire
Pudding. There are two large boxes in the attic with umpteen gadgets to
make sausages, ice-cream, seperate egg yolks etc etc but the effort of
using them then cleaning them just isn't worth the effort!
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney UK
Old January 19th 09, 01:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

Pat P wrote:
"Gillian Murray" wrote in message
OK, guys, we are in the midst of the big annual yardsale. I have unearthed
the EMIL's Sunbeam MixMaster. #100-86659. It has the two bowls, and
various mixing tools. Is this something I stick $2 on, or is it really
more of a collector pieces. Haven't a clue, have never used it, but she
made banana bread forever, at least up to a couple of years before she
died in 2005.

Gill

Good Lord - was it as long ago as that? I thought it was just last year!

Pat

NO, Pat..I had to check and it was Aug 2 2005.

Time flies with us elder (never old) citizens.

I find it hard to believe I am in my 70s, but the way my knee is killing
me and the damn CPAP breathing machine at night....well it isn't for
sissies LOL

LOve

Gill

BTW, remember the nice things you sent me to commemorate the Queen's
Golden Jubilee?? Well, I have a special shelf in the bookcase in MY
stitchy/computer room for such items, and they are there.

Also a beermat I found on Ebay from the small local brewery; and I was
best friends with the brewer's daughters/.
Old January 19th 09, 01:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

Bruce Fletcher (remove dentures to reply) wrote:
"Gillian Murray" wrote in message
OK, guys, we are in the midst of the big annual yardsale. I have
unearthed the EMIL's Sunbeam MixMaster. #100-86659. It has the two
bowls, and various mixing tools. Is this something I stick $2 on, or
is it really more of a collector pieces. Haven't a clue, have never
used it, but she made banana bread forever, at least up to a couple of
years before she died in 2005.

We have a Kenwood Chef which was purchased about 25 year ago. Maureen
uses the dough hook to make bread and another gadget to make Yorkshire
Pudding. There are two large boxes in the attic with umpteen gadgets to
make sausages, ice-cream, seperate egg yolks etc etc but the effort of
using them then cleaning them just isn't worth the effort!

TO BE HONEST, THAT IS MY BELIEF ALSO. i WATCHED THE mil PUT ALL THE
INGREDIENTS IN THE MACHINE, MIX IT ALL AND THEN PUT IT INTO A SPECIAL
CONTAINER FOR THE cROCKPOT. sHE ONLY MADE BANANA BREAD WITH IT S LONG AS
i KNEW HER. nOT that LONG, BUT NEVERTHELSS. a\

i WOULD PREFER TO USE A HANDMIXER, OR SOME SUCH TOOL RATHER THAN HAUL
OUT A BIG MACHINE.

gUESS THAT IS WHY IT HAS BEEN IN THE PANTRY ALL THESE YEARS.

Sorry about the yelling, but haven't got used to the new super computer,
new keyboard, and the slide-out keyboard holder thingy!

Gill
Old January 19th 09, 04:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Olwyn Mary

lucretia borgia wrote:
I don't keep the Kenwood stuck away anywhere, it is right there on the
counter ready to go, likewise the Cuisinart food processor. They have
both been well used over the years. I do have a hand mixer too but
that mainly stays in the drawer except for perhaps whipping cream,
maybe egg whites.

Trying to think here - this past week I used the food processor to
make pastry and grate some spud, onion and white turnip (to make a
tiddy oggy) would never have bothered if I had to do it by hand and I
creamed some spuds in the Kenwood. Considering I only cook for me
most of the time, I would think they are still earning their keep.

In my kitchen, the KitchenAid, the Cuisinart, the electric can opener
and the Cuisinart Mini-Prep are all lined up on one counter. On a shelf
above them are all the attachments, plus the mortar and pestle (for
tender dried herbs and spices). All of these bowls and attachments go
in the dishwasher after use, except for the mortar and pestle. They are
marble, so I simply wipe them off. I doubt if I would cook half as much
if I had to haul the wretched things out from a hiding place every time
I needed them. However, I figure my kitchen is my factory floor, not a
showroom.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans
Old January 19th 09, 06:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Bruce Fletcher (remove dentures to reply)

lucretia borgia wrote:
On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 23:46:53 +0000, "Bruce Fletcher (remove dentures
to reply)" opined:

"Gillian Murray" wrote in message
OK, guys, we are in the midst of the big annual yardsale. I have unearthed
the EMIL's Sunbeam MixMaster. #100-86659. It has the two bowls, and
various mixing tools. Is this something I stick $2 on, or is it really
more of a collector pieces. Haven't a clue, have never used it, but she
made banana bread forever, at least up to a couple of years before she
died in 2005.

We have a Kenwood Chef which was purchased about 25 year ago. Maureen
uses the dough hook to make bread and another gadget to make Yorkshire
Pudding. There are two large boxes in the attic with umpteen gadgets to
make sausages, ice-cream, seperate egg yolks etc etc but the effort of
using them then cleaning them just isn't worth the effort!

That's a young 'un - my Kenwood is more than forty years old. I
notice it is somewhat noisier than it was but otherwise, still has all
the power. I didn't buy any attachments.

We bought the attachments at a junk store, I think they cost less than GBP 5
Old January 19th 09, 04:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 1/18/09 7:54 PM, "Gillian Murray" wrote:

[...]

My DM had a Sunbeam, and I cannot remember the last time she used it - I'm
sure it was given away when they moved from house in the 'burbs to the cool
condo downtown.

I have a Kitchenaid stand mixer, and a hand-held one - also a Kitchenaid.
My Sunbeam handheld died after about 20 years, and I replaced it with the
Kitchenaid - which came with really interesting dough hooks, whisk/beaters,
and a 3rd attachment that I haven't used yet. The relevant thing - I used
to use the hand-held all the time. I also have an immersion blender, a.k.a.
The motorboat - which gets used a lot for soups and sauces. In the
unpacking process, finally some months ago DH hauled in the stand mixer box,
and out it came. There is enough counter space here that it can stay out,
and there are drawers below so the bowl & attachment stay in the double deep
drawer. Now I use it A LOT - having it out makes all the difference. Which
means that I'm baking bread frequently, and whipping up cookies, etc - that
we don't nee.

Sorry about the yelling, but haven't got used to the new super computer,
new keyboard, and the slide-out keyboard holder thingy!

Gill

Uh-huh. Just picturing a big yell coming out from you -well, not really.
But I did wonder as I was reading - wow, Gill's pretty excited about this
mixer conversation ;^)

Ellice

Old January 19th 09, 04:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 1/18/09 8:11 PM, "lucretia borgia" wrote:

On Mon, 19 Jan 2009 00:54:42 GMT, Gillian Murray
opined:

[...]

Same here. The Cuisinart came with an extra work bowl, and has 2 lids - the
one with the big chute, and another flat one with just a small opening in
the center - like a blender. It stays out with that lid on it, and is on the
cook island - so I can turn from the sink to the island, and use it. Gets
used a lot. The only hefty thing that doesn't stay out is the pasta maker.
It goes in a cabinet with a rolling shelf - so that it's pretty easy to lift
out. Don't use it enough to warrant counter space.

Just the 2 of us, well, and Puckster, so I've ended up making a lot of
things with half going to the freezer. Works out just fine.

Ellice

here is some info Stella Fenley Yarn 1 May 7th 07 07:13 PM
OT still looking for more info on TAP joysjane Quilting 3 August 19th 06 12:33 AM
info fabio Sewing 1 March 31st 05 07:55 PM
Just for your info Helen in MN Quilting 2 October 11th 04 11:49 PM
Looking for info Heather C. Yarn 3 October 3rd 04 08:08 AM