OK - time for a round of WHAT ARE YOU STITCHING

Old February 12th 11, 07:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Kalmia

Default OK - time for a round of WHAT ARE YOU STITCHING

On Feb 7, 7:22*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 2/6/11 1:01 PM, in article
, "Kalmia"

wrote:

Still working on that small magnolia. *I also cut up a bot of old tees
and crocheted some long chains, but not sure what to do with em.

Rugs!

Cheryl

I did start a small round one, but am not sure I like the effect. I
think I'm really just lazy about all the stitching.
Old February 14th 11, 04:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

On 2/4/11 9:37 PM, in article ,
"Gillian Murray" wrote:

On 1/29/2011 5:57 PM, Lucille wrote:

Sharon (N.B.)

I'm just finishing up a little snowflake piece by Seka. All that's left
is putting in the beads and I'm not in a great hurry to do that.

Waiting is a Sewing Angel piece that a friend asked for. I'll probably
start that tomorrow and do the beads in between.

Lucille

Well, I am a day late and a dollar short in chipping in here. I have
almost finished Blue Heron from RK Portfolio ( Florida designer). Just
need to do the black bit, and backstitch..and it is done. I hour probably.

LOL - I'm a couple of weeks late, and a fortune short - so to speak. But
did notice people posting recently, so will jump in.

Started Lizzie Kate "Think Summer" for my DD and DSIL. He requested
small fun different seasons. For Fall I will do Elizabeth Designs Autumn
Band Sampler.

Have also promised to make something for a "Craft Show" in my community,
with a Chinese auction. Not too sure what it entails, but I don't expect
it to be too big and framed. Will have to have a chat with the
organizer ( who gave me her stash of threads last week(.

Aren't you the good woman - nice to do something for the craft show. What's
a "Chinese auction?" Is this like a "Silent Auction" - which is what we see
around here for fundraisers?

Have been knitting dishcloths the last three days while off -group. Not
plain, but each one has a "design" knitted into it. Sunflower, bird
whatever. Anything to break the boredom.

Gillian

So, haven't done any stitching for a few weeks. Been down with what turned
out to be a yucky, tiresome bout of pneumonia. You'd think I'd stitch while
laying about, but that would be wrong. I don't know why, but between
headaches, and hacking up - well, you get the picture - not wanting to have
to rip more than I stitched.

But, am hoping to pick-up as I have to finish a piece that I'm late on for
Mt. Vernon. Plan to get it done in the next couple of days. Haven't been
out of the house for a bit. Then on to the next little canvas piece in the
Indian Jewels series. And finishing a small piece for the Understanding
Color class I'm taking by correspondence, and has to be ready to ship by end
of the month.

Hope all are doing well. The knitting dishclothes might be a good idea!

Ellice

Old February 14th 11, 07:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

On 2/14/2011 11:56 AM, Ellice K. wrote:
On 2/4/11 9:37 PM, in article ,
"Gillian wrote:

[...]

The knitted dishcloths goes to my hairdresser. She sells them as a
fundraiser for her team in the local Relay For Life (Cancer). iT is a
fun set of patterns,a dozen in all. I know I sent the red ones, with a
raised ladybug, to a couple of friends here.

Gill
Old February 14th 11, 11:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

On 2/14/11 2:26 PM, in article ,
"Gillian Murray" wrote:

On 2/14/2011 11:56 AM, Ellice K. wrote:
On 2/4/11 9:37 PM, in article ,
"Gillian wrote:

*snip*

Have been knitting dishcloths the last three days while off -group. Not
plain, but each one has a "design" knitted into it. Sunflower, bird
whatever. Anything to break the boredom.

Gillian

*snip*
of the month.

Hope all are doing well. The knitting dishclothes might be a good idea!

Ellice

The knitted dishcloths goes to my hairdresser. She sells them as a
fundraiser for her team in the local Relay For Life (Cancer). iT is a
fun set of patterns,a dozen in all. I know I sent the red ones, with a
raised ladybug, to a couple of friends here.

Gill

Ah, got it. I had a stitching student who did a bunch of knitted dishcloths
- she said it was very therapeutic - I haven't tried it yet, but think I
will.

Ellice