How to remove a glued-in shirt label

Old February 28th 08, 05:44 AM posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
LurfysMa

Default How to remove a glued-in shirt label

Can anyone suggest a way to remove a glued-in label in the back of a
polo short?

I was given a very nice polo shirt for Christmas. Unfortunately, it
has a rather annoying rubberized label glued in the back where the
sewn-in labels usually are.

I find all labels annoying and I always cut them out. This one glued
in and I cannot even get a corner free.

The label says it is a Cutter & Buck shirt and it also says CBDryTec.
The short is made in Thailand.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

If this is not the right place to ask this, please advise.

--
Using Forte Agent 4.2
Old February 28th 08, 07:17 AM posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
BEI Design

LurfysMa wrote:
Can anyone suggest a way to remove a glued-in label in
the back of a polo short?

I was given a very nice polo shirt for Christmas.
Unfortunately, it has a rather annoying rubberized label
glued in the back where the sewn-in labels usually are.

I find all labels annoying and I always cut them out.
This one glued in and I cannot even get a corner free.

The label says it is a Cutter & Buck shirt and it also
says CBDryTec. The short is made in Thailand.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

If this is not the right place to ask this, please advise.

You might try heating the label *very carefully* with a
medium iron, and seeing if that will allow you to lift a
corner then peel it off.

Or, try a variety of solvents/fingernail polish removers,
etc.

Or, purchase a small length of satin ribbon *just* a bit
wider than the label, and hand sew it over the label.

If none of that works, donate it....

Beverly

Old February 28th 08, 07:29 AM posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
LurfysMa

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 23:17:41 -0800, "BEI Design"
wrote:

LurfysMa wrote:
Can anyone suggest a way to remove a glued-in label in
the back of a polo short?

I was given a very nice polo shirt for Christmas.
Unfortunately, it has a rather annoying rubberized label
glued in the back where the sewn-in labels usually are.

I find all labels annoying and I always cut them out.
This one glued in and I cannot even get a corner free.

The label says it is a Cutter & Buck shirt and it also
says CBDryTec. The short is made in Thailand.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

If this is not the right place to ask this, please advise.

You might try heating the label *very carefully* with a
medium iron, and seeing if that will allow you to lift a
corner then peel it off.

Would you put the iron directly on the label or put something, like a
piece of paper, between the label and the iron?

Or, try a variety of solvents/fingernail polish removers,
etc.

I thought about that, but was afraid it would damage or discolor the
fabric. I suppose I could test a small place on the shirttail. Is
there one product that you would recommend?

Old February 28th 08, 10:36 AM posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Mary Fisher

"LurfysMa" wrote in message
Can anyone suggest a way to remove a glued-in label in the back of a
polo short?

I was given a very nice polo shirt for Christmas. Unfortunately, it
has a rather annoying rubberized label glued in the back where the
sewn-in labels usually are.

I find all labels annoying

LOL! It's good that you have nothing more important to worry about :-)

Mary

Old February 28th 08, 02:10 PM posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Juno

Mary Fisher wrote:

snip snip snip

I find all labels annoying

LOL! It's good that you have nothing more important to worry about :-)

Mary

Mary,if label bothers you it's no fun. I get a bad rash from them
because of whatever is in them. I understand the problem very well. I
have great sympathy for the OP. I remove all label as soon as I'm sure a
RTW fits. If I put a label in anything I make I try to put in on the
outside in a spot that doesn't show or I just leave them off.
Juno
Old February 28th 08, 02:39 PM posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Mary Fisher

"Juno" wrote in message
Mary Fisher wrote:

snip snip snip

I find all labels annoying

LOL! It's good that you have nothing more important to worry about :-)

Mary

Mary,if label bothers you it's no fun. I get a bad rash from them because
of whatever is in them. I understand the problem very well. I have great
sympathy for the OP.

I would have done too if that had been explained but it was said that they
were 'annoying' - not the same thing at all.

Well, not in English English :-)

I'm genuinely sorry if I've caused offence ...

Mary

Old February 28th 08, 03:23 PM posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Juno

Mary Fisher wrote:

I'm genuinely sorry if I've caused offence ...

Mary

Mary, It takes a lot more than that to offend me. I was just pointing
out that this person was being made uncomfortable. Perhaps that would
have been a better way for the OP to express what was happening.
Juno
Old February 28th 08, 08:15 PM posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Pogonip[_2_]

Juno wrote:
Mary Fisher wrote:

snip snip snip

I find all labels annoying

LOL! It's good that you have nothing more important to worry about :-)

Mary

Mary,if label bothers you it's no fun. I get a bad rash from them
because of whatever is in them. I understand the problem very well. I
have great sympathy for the OP. I remove all label as soon as I'm sure a
RTW fits. If I put a label in anything I make I try to put in on the
outside in a spot that doesn't show or I just leave them off.
Juno

"Better" clothes have the labels in the side seams. I hate labels in
the back of the neck, poking and itching all the time. I'm a big fan of
Gilda Radner's "I base my fashion taste on what doesn't itch." Works
for me.
--
Joanne
stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us.earth.milky-way.com

Old February 28th 08, 09:38 PM posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
LurfysMa

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 10:36:46 -0000, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"LurfysMa" wrote in message
.. .
Can anyone suggest a way to remove a glued-in label in the back of a
polo short?

I was given a very nice polo shirt for Christmas. Unfortunately, it
has a rather annoying rubberized label glued in the back where the
sewn-in labels usually are.

I find all labels annoying

LOL! It's good that you have nothing more important to worry about :-)

Well, I didn't say that this is the #1 problem in my life, but I would
like to get that label off. Is that OK? If you have any suggestions,
I'd like to hear them.