UFO/WIP Disorder

Old October 1st 06, 03:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
spampot

Default UFO/WIP Disorder

....or Syndrome or something. Why can I not resist starting a new
project the minute I see a pattern that intrigues me, no matter how many
other WIPs are staring me in the face? This is why I have three sets of
interchangeable circs...I saw the maze-patterned cap in the latest
Knitty and grabbed some junk yarn (ancient acrylic sport weight) and am
halfway through the design even though I have two other sock projects
just started (and I don't dare look in my closet to see how many other
UFOs are languishing there).

'Fess up, gang, who else is a fellow sufferer?
Old October 1st 06, 03:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB

LOL me! I currently have a purse half finished...one of 4 dishcloths, 2
half finished baby hats and just started another topdown baby sweater.

Donna

Old October 1st 06, 03:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
spampot

My soul mate! Maybe we can start a WIPs Anonymous? Bet there are a
lot of us out there. Although we might be like Pippi Longstocking, who
said, "yes, but I don't suffer from them. I love them."

Old October 1st 06, 04:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Wooly

On Sun, 01 Oct 2006 10:26:51 -0400, spampot spewed
forth :

'Fess up, gang, who else is a fellow sufferer?

I've always got a sock (or two) on needles despite my earlier avowal
to STOP KNITTING SOCKS for couple of years. Socks are like crack, I
guess, plus I can stuff one into my bag and keep myself busy while
waiting around.

I did just rip a Rogue that I had knitted to the underarm. My gauge
swatch told me that merely knitting up a size should give me a sweater
that fits, but that wasn't hte case. Rather than *plan* to shrink
into the sweater I chose to rip it and the yarn is now back in the
stash contemplating it's next appearance.

The skullcap *g* was my consolation prize knitting. I had it on my
"to do" list so after I ripped the sweater I just got it done.

I am about to cast on with my handspun for a modified version of a
sweater from _A Gathering of Lace_. I've mathed it four times and had
a friend check my numbers, just to be safe. The castin on will
probably take a couple of hours...

Otherwise I'm project-free at the moment.

+++++++++++++

Reply to the list as I do not publish an email address to USENET.
This practice has cut my spam by more than 95%.
Of course, I did have to abandon a perfectly good email account...
Old October 1st 06, 05:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Christine in Kent, Garden of England

Puts hand in the air, and very sheepishly (sorry about the pun!!) admits to:
2 shawls, 2 crochet still born baby blankets (portable projects),1 large
crochet baby blanket,1 hat, 2 pairs of socks, 1 chunky zip up jacket, 1
tatted doily, 2 scarves, and that's only what I can see from here. And I'm
trying to find a pattern for a lacy scarf/moebius for a gift to use some
yummy merino sock yarn.
Help, I need someone to say "don't start that": only I'm likely to hit them
if they get near enough!!

Love and higs (determined to try to finish something SOON)
Christine

Old October 1st 06, 06:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

Moi! A lacy aran pullover sweater, 2 chemo caps, bolero jacket (I
*just* finished that one!) half a pair of slippers, and the usual
assortment of socks. I have a bad habit of cleaning out and
re-arranging my project basket and scattering the Yarn I need to start
or finish projects that are at the top of my list. Thanks to the
latest evil enabler on here I now have to find spots for the newest
shipments of yarn that will begin arriving any day now.
Marie and the cats

Old October 1st 06, 08:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB

LOL the hats are for charity...they collect em once a month at the guild
meeting so I usually have 2 or more going and stop at the point were I have
to switch to double points cause I hate em;-) I also hate sewing so have
been searching for good free topdown sweater patterns.....the one I just
started was found at
http://www.jimmybeanswool.com/freeKn...SweaterSet.asp the
local shop didn't have the Lorna's Laces yarn but they had a Plymouth Encore
Colorspun I liked with the same colors.....so far I have ripped it 3
timesG cause I didn't understand the directions but now am moving right
along.

Donna

Old October 1st 06, 08:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
JCT

'Fess up, gang, who else is a fellow sufferer?

OK -- Fessing up here. I have a number of projects in line and yet I
am always getting tempted by something else. I barely managed to avoid
the temptation of more sock yarn when the sale was mentioned here - but
then I had just picked up some yummy sock yarn in Iowa when I went back
for a class reunion. (Who knew my home town had lately acquired a
really good LYS!) I don't think I really have many UFOs (one afghan
sock qualifies - unlikely to get a partner anytime this decade) but I
abound in WIPs and whatever one calls projects for which I have yarn
and pattern but require needles that are already engaged in a WIP. I
even have a WIP that I have done the ribbing on which is now waiting
until I get another project done so that the larger needles for the
body are free.

Judy

Old October 1st 06, 09:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Midwest poster

Christine - DON'T START THAT! Just doing you a favor so don't hit me,
please. LOL

--
Jan in MN

Old October 1st 06, 11:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Aud

"spampot" skrev i melding
...or Syndrome or something. Why can I not resist starting a new
project the minute I see a pattern that intrigues me,

I guess the most of us have THAT bug..
But I must say, I am MUCH better than I was!
I TRY to focus on the good feeling I get, when a work is finished,
and how boaring it is to pick up a work,
when you have "lost the spirit"!

I try NOT to have more than 3-4 works at once,
but sometimes I explain to myself, that I HAVE to do more than one
"piece":
*may be a "bigger" one to do at home,
*a small one to put in my bag,
*an easy one when watching TV,
*and one I "MUST DO" to "realize" an IRRESISTABLE inspiration..

This is not BAD... it is sensible, istn't it? LOL!
But what is "new", compared to what I did years ago:
I finish it. I am quite proud of "the new me" there,
because I am NOT so organised in many other matters!

BUT: I must confess I HAVE (;-) bought yarn for certain purposes,
which just lay there...LOL! Just ask DH...
Aud ;-))