Class Today

Old October 1st 06, 06:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

Default Class Today

Thanks Alison! That would be a great way to use up all those
oddments of yarn laying about. Sounds like the color wheel jsut had a
different name lol. I am familiar with that : )
Marie and the cats

Alison wrote:
I was a little unclear, Marie. The Fibonacci numbers are a numerical
sequence produced by addition.
Here's the first few:
1
1+1=2
2+1=3
3+2=5
5+3=8
So you could make your stripes 1 row, the next time you changed color
you could do 2 rows, then 3, then 5, etc. It's a very pleasing look
but not all uniform or matching.

The color wheel was just looking at colors that are opposite on the
wheel - like red-orange and blue-green - and seeing how they look in
garments (the teacher had a sweater in these colors and it was
gorgeous.)

I use the Fib numbers for beading!

Alison

On 30 Sep 2006 19:00:50 -0700, "
wrote:

That sounds really interesting Alison, wish I could have gone along
too. Could you please tell me a little more about this Fibonacci color
wheel? I don't rmember ever hearing about it before. Kaffe Fassett
is great, I have a couple of his books. He is really great with
textures, colors and patterns, isn't he?
Marie and the cats

Alison wrote:
I took a free class today at a library branch with a great knitter.
We learned how to make Elizabeth Zimmerman's Baby Surprise Jacket.
It's very cool - you just knit, using double decreases and "make ones"
and when it's finished, you fold and suddenly it's a little sweater.
Of course I got about 10 rows done.

We also talked about the Fibonacci number sequence (to use it in
stripes) and the color wheel. And Kaffe Fassett's Magic Ball (if
that's what it called) that you create out of your leftovers. She had
a little pink/violet jacket that she made out of leftover yarn all
joined together.

I also learned of 2 evening knitting groups at different library
branches - I may be doing that!

Alison

Old October 1st 06, 09:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shirley Shone

Thank you.
We were given a picture post card and was told to knit it.
Mine was a Japanese Garden.
Shirley

In message %4LTg.492$Pk2.292@trnddc08, DAB
writes
I love your knitted picture...it's gorgeous.

Donna

Shirley Shone wrote:
I did a weekend workshop with Kaffe Fassett several years ago.
It was a fantastic weekend and would repeat it if I could.
You can see the sample I knitted under "other crafts" on my web site.

http://www.allcrafts.demon.co.uk

Shirley

In message . com,
" writes

--
Shirley Shone

http://www.allcrafts.demon.co.uk

Old October 2nd 06, 07:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Katherine , my friend from Yerushalayim made several of this sweater
and likes it very much , i read it , but never tried it.
mirjam

Alison wrote:
I took a free class today at a library branch with a great knitter.
We learned how to make Elizabeth Zimmerman's Baby Surprise Jacket.
It's very cool - you just knit, using double decreases and "make ones"
and when it's finished, you fold and suddenly it's a little sweater.
Of course I got about 10 rows done.

We also talked about the Fibonacci number sequence (to use it in
stripes) and the color wheel. And Kaffe Fassett's Magic Ball (if
that's what it called) that you create out of your leftovers. She had
a little pink/violet jacket that she made out of leftover yarn all
joined together.

I also learned of 2 evening knitting groups at different library
branches - I may be doing that!

Isn't that a cute little sweater? I have done several of them. Very
popular, they are.

Higs,
Katherine

Old October 2nd 06, 07:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Lucky you , the closest to me is a 3 hour ride with Bus ,,,
Thus i do my own and keep in phone touch
mirjam

Sounds fun....we have a monthly knit meet at our local Library.....we have
yarn swaps and mostly bring stuff we are working on or new projects we need
help with. I would love to find a group that meets weekly but the closest
ones are about 20 miles from me.

Donna

Old October 2nd 06, 07:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Hahahahha Spampot ,, i love this IDEA is the
ps here the mirjam idea for knitting up with colors...
when you have left overs of various colors,,,
idea 1: go by number of balls ,,,, if you have 3 blue balls 2 white
balls 5 green balls ,,,,
you knit 3 blue lines , 2 white lines , 5 green lines.
this is very economical and use all colors proportionally to WHAT you
have ,,,
Idea 2 , number EACH color , now you start with knitting 1 row with
color 1 m 2 rows with color 2 etc,,,,,
when finished you knit 1 row with color 3 , 2 rows with color 5 , 3
rows with color 6 etc...
i hope you got the idea[s]
mirjam

wrote:

Now, if Dan Brown had been really smart, he'd've put in not only those
Fibonacci numbers, but some clues in striped clothing for the movie!

Old October 2nd 06, 11:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB

geesh I guess 20 miles is not so bad after allG maybe after winter I will
check the other meets out.

Old October 2nd 06, 06:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

On Mon, 02 Oct 2006 17:53:06 GMT, Mirjam Bruck-Cohen spun a fine yarn

You see DAB , that is why we are here ,,,, you write and `rant` and
than you see that youare in fact a lucky girl ,,,,
mirjam

Because Mirjam wrote:
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
Lucky you , the closest to me is a 3 hour ride with Bus ,,,
Thus i do my own and keep in phone touch
mirjam

Reminds me of that 'americanism'... "the grass is always greener..."

Noreen

http://yarnwright.com/life

http://www.lulu.com/content/292418
- - - - -
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0640-0, 10/02/2006
Tested: 10/2/2006 12:08:48 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Old October 3rd 06, 11:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB

LOL yes I am!

Donna

Alison wrote:
I took a free class today at a library branch with a great
knitter. We learned how to make Elizabeth Zimmerman's Baby
Surprise Jacket. It's very cool - you just knit, using double
decreases and "make ones" and when it's finished, you fold and
suddenly it's a little sweater. Of course I got about 10 rows
done.

We also talked about the Fibonacci number sequence (to use it in
stripes) and the color wheel. And Kaffe Fassett's Magic Ball (if
that's what it called) that you create out of your leftovers. She
had a little pink/violet jacket that she made out of leftover yarn
all joined together.

I also learned of 2 evening knitting groups at different library
branches - I may be doing that!

Alison

Has anyone taken a class with Charlotte Angotti? Susan Laity Price Quilting 8 December 31st 05 10:37 PM
Velda Newman class. KJ Quilting 0 October 3rd 05 03:19 PM
Class back on! Pat in Virginia Quilting 1 May 2nd 04 06:53 PM
What do you use to carry all your stuff to class?? [email protected] Quilting 11 April 10th 04 03:53 PM
Checking in and glass class report. KDK Beads 10 August 23rd 03 05:53 AM