Pirate invasion

Old September 29th 06, 03:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
hesira

Default Pirate invasion

Michelle,

My 4 year old son has a shelf in his closet exclusively for dramatic
play (dress-up for boys). He's got Spiderman, Power Rangers, Darth
Vader, Ninjas, cowboy, costumes. Just about everyday when I pick him
up, he goes straight for the shelf and transforms himself. It's so
cute. My oldest has never really been interested in that kind of play
except at Halloween. Your son reminded me of my little one.

Hesira

Michelle wrote:
Thanks Katherine. Today, though, he's abandoned the pirate hat in
favour of a superman t-shirt and cape. Wonder what his teacher will
say when she sees him

But she's probably used to my weird little man by now

Michelle

Old September 29th 06, 04:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

Eastern Edge wrote:

Thanks Katherine. Today, though, he's abandoned the pirate hat in
favour of a superman t-shirt and cape. Wonder what his teacher will
say when she sees him

But she's probably used to my weird little man by now

He's not weird! He is just like his mother. g

Higs,
Katherine

Old September 29th 06, 09:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Eastern Edge

hesira wrote:
Michelle,

My 4 year old son has a shelf in his closet exclusively for dramatic
play (dress-up for boys). He's got Spiderman, Power Rangers, Darth
Vader, Ninjas, cowboy, costumes. Just about everyday when I pick him
up, he goes straight for the shelf and transforms himself. It's so
cute. My oldest has never really been interested in that kind of play
except at Halloween. Your son reminded me of my little one.

Hesira

Oh yes, I know the dress-up box *very* well. Every now and again, even
my oldest (at 11) joins in.

Michelle

Old September 29th 06, 09:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Eastern Edge

Katherine wrote:
Eastern Edge wrote:

Thanks Katherine. Today, though, he's abandoned the pirate hat in
favour of a superman t-shirt and cape. Wonder what his teacher will
say when she sees him

But she's probably used to my weird little man by now

He's not weird! He is just like his mother. g

Higs,
Katherine

mmm hmmm.....neither of us is exactly the picture of normalcy

Michelle

Old September 30th 06, 05:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

Eastern Edge wrote:
Katherine wrote:
Eastern Edge wrote:

Thanks Katherine. Today, though, he's abandoned the pirate hat in
favour of a superman t-shirt and cape. Wonder what his teacher will
say when she sees him

But she's probably used to my weird little man by now

He's not weird! He is just like his mother. g

mmm hmmm.....neither of us is exactly the picture of normalcy

Hmmm, and what does that say about me, since I love both of you????

Higs,
Katherine

Old September 30th 06, 05:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
SpikeDriver

Eastern Edge wrote:
I've been invaded by a pirate, but he's very cute so I think I'll keep
him.

This is the result of a pirate hat request:
http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/qui.../ph//my_photos

Inspiration from he
http://knitlikeapirate.com/projects/tricorn.html
but mine is neither knit nor felted; it's crocheted from Patons
Shetland Chunky. I'm not too interested in knitting!

Now, to determine patterns to make an entire pirate outfit for him...

Michelle

Thats as cool as it comes Michelle!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail
Old September 30th 06, 09:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Eastern Edge

Katherine wrote:
Eastern Edge wrote:
Katherine wrote:
Eastern Edge wrote:

Thanks Katherine. Today, though, he's abandoned the pirate hat in
favour of a superman t-shirt and cape. Wonder what his teacher will
say when she sees him

But she's probably used to my weird little man by now

He's not weird! He is just like his mother. g

mmm hmmm.....neither of us is exactly the picture of normalcy

Hmmm, and what does that say about me, since I love both of you????

Higs,
Katherine

I'm afraid to ask

but normal is over-rated ... that's my excuse, anyway

Michelle

Old September 30th 06, 09:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Eastern Edge

SpikeDriver wrote:
Eastern Edge wrote:
I've been invaded by a pirate, but he's very cute so I think I'll keep
him.

This is the result of a pirate hat request:
http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/qui.../ph//my_photos

Inspiration from he
http://knitlikeapirate.com/projects/tricorn.html
but mine is neither knit nor felted; it's crocheted from Patons
Shetland Chunky. I'm not too interested in knitting!

Now, to determine patterns to make an entire pirate outfit for him...

Michelle

Thats as cool as it comes Michelle!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail

Isn't it?? That's what I was thinking as I was working on the brim ( I
just made one of my standard hats and then added the brim in the proper
shape) and it was actually looking the way it was *supposed* to...where
I like to design (mostly) on the fly, sometimes I do plenty of ripping.

Thanks!
Michelle

Old October 1st 06, 03:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Christine in Kent, Garden of England

I'd agree wholeheartedly about normalcy being overrated. A little bit of
lunacy adds a certain "je ne sais quoi" to life. There's plenty of time to
be normal & serious
Love & higs
Christine

"Eastern Edge" wrote in message
oups.com...

Katherine wrote:

Old October 1st 06, 10:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Aud

"
http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/qui.../ph//my_photos

Inspiration from he
http://knitlikeapirate.com/projects/tricorn.html

...but I must say: YOUR pirate is the cutest one!!!!!!!!!!!LOL!!!
AUD ;-))

Pirate Fabric Sherry Starr Quilting 7 August 1st 06 12:50 PM
OT Pirate Joke frood Quilting 7 September 20th 05 12:43 AM
New Pirate Treasure map design Lynne Nicoletti Needlework 12 April 8th 04 09:53 PM
OT Pirate Jokes frood Quilting 21 January 23rd 04 04:48 PM
International Talk Like a Pirate Day (actually ON topic!) Kathy Applebaum Quilting 45 September 23rd 03 08:24 PM