What we're stitching now...

Old November 8th 05, 03:59 PM
Phylis Maurer

Default What we're stitching now...

I discovered (just last nite) that I'm two bookmarks behind in a community
service project for our Guild. So, right now, I'm working on a blackwork
bookmark to be followed by a Swedish Weaving one.

Then I can get back to my German Schwalm project, that will end up as a book
cover.

Thanks for asking.
Phyllis Maurer
"Jere Williams" wrote in message
I thought perhaps it might be interesting to know what we are all stitching
right now -- I'd suspect it's a wide cross-section.

I love interesting quotes, and I'm doing one now that says: I pray that
risen from the dead, I may in Glory stand. A Crown perhaps upon my head,
but a needle in my hand."

The last quote I did said as I told y'all, "Things haven't been the same
since that house fell on my sister."

The one before that was "A needle in the hand is worth two in the couch."
My dh strongly agreed with that one.
--
Jere

Old November 8th 05, 04:01 PM
Jere Williams

No, I didn't come up with it, I bought the chart while on a business trip
with my dh. I did change all the colors though-- I seem to be totally
unable to stitch a chart entirely as designed.

If you'd like the chart, I'd be glad to mail it to you -- just email me
privately with your address, and I'll send it off tomorrow.

--
Jere

"Becky A" wrote in message
Jere Williams wrote:

The one before that was "A needle in the hand is worth two in the

couch."
My dh strongly agreed with that one.
--
Jere

OOOOOOooooooo...I like that. Was it something you whipped up yourself
or did it come from a leaflet? I'd like to make one too!

Played 'find the needle' for an hour last night...
Becky

Old November 8th 05, 04:08 PM
anne

Jere Williams said
I thought perhaps it might be interesting to know what we are all stitching
right now -- I'd suspect it's a wide cross-section.

As Buddy on Night Court used to say "I'm feeling much better now" and have been
doing the finishing for completed projects. The estimate I got for framing
Inspirations' Tea Time was way more than I wanted to spend, especially since I
wasn't that crazy about the frame and matting that I picked out. I lucked out
at A.C. Moore -- an 11 x 14 frame in almost the right finish for a mere
$3.00!!!!

I also made a purse with candlewicking design of sea shells that had been
languishing in a drawer for months and another purse using the silhouette from
the personal hygiene ad that was inspiration for previously mentioned Belle.
This time, the flowers on the head are plastic ones picked up at Hobby Lobby in
2/$1 packages -- if future daughter in law likes it, I'll do more as gifts for
her wedding attendants.

--
another Anne, add ingers to frugalf to reply
Old November 8th 05, 04:09 PM
Jere Williams

Sounds beautiful.

I admire anyone who can do those designs with so much shading and color
changing.

I do believe those days are behind me.
--
Jere

"F.James Cripwell" wrote in message

I am quite a long way into one of my computer generated charts. This
time the false color satellite image of a hurricane. Black background,
dark eye, and swirling colors from pale yellow, through burnt oranges, to
purples and garnet. Though I say it as shouldn't, it really is quite
spectacular.

--
Jim Cripwell. A volante tribe of bards on earth are found,/ who, while the
flattering zephyrs round them play,/ on "coignes of vantage" build their

nests
of clay;/ how quickly from that aery hold unbound,/ dust for oblivion!/ To
the solid ground/ of nature trusts the mind that builds for aye.

Wordsworth.

Old November 8th 05, 04:10 PM
Jere Williams

Ah, an amaryllis.

Did you ever hear the old song: "O'er the flower bespangled grass trips the
lovely amaryllis...."

My mother used to sing that all the time.
--
Jere

"Lucille" wrote in message

"Jere Williams" wrote in message
I thought perhaps it might be interesting to know what we are all

stitching
right now -- I'd suspect it's a wide cross-section.

I love interesting quotes, and I'm doing one now that says: I pray that
risen from the dead, I may in Glory stand. A Crown perhaps upon my

head,
but a needle in my hand."

The last quote I did said as I told y'all, "Things haven't been the same
since that house fell on my sister."

The one before that was "A needle in the hand is worth two in the

couch."
My dh strongly agreed with that one.
--
Jere

Let's see, First I've started knitting a baby set for my niece. It's

going
to be a boring project because of the 210 stitches I cast on for the baby
blanket about half of them are done in the bramble stitch which is a very
big pain in the neck to do. But this is for someone who has been trying

have a baby for several years, had two misses, went for the in vitro
business a couple of times and now is pregnant the old fashioned way.

Will
wonders never cease.

I also have an almost done little Dimensions Gold Kit called Amaryllis in
Bloom. I just need to complete the silver couched trim that frames the
picture.

What I have impatiently waiting for me in the closet, ready to come out

and
play, is my first attempt at blackwork. It's calling to me but I must get
at least some of the baby set done so he doesn't get this gift when he's
starting college.

Thanks Jere for starting a thread that actually has something to do with
needlework and is fun to read.

Lucille

Old November 8th 05, 04:11 PM
Jere Williams

What does being good have to do with cross-stitching????

I used to have all sorts of "shoulds" about my stitching. Then I heard yet
another quote about such as that: "Don't 'should' on me."

Now I'm free, free, free -- and stitch what I want, how I want. So much
more fun.

--
Jere
"Ericka Kammerer" wrote in message
Jere Williams wrote:
I thought perhaps it might be interesting to know what we are all

stitching
right now -- I'd suspect it's a wide cross-section.

I just finished the VS Heirloom Anniversary sampler
for my parents' 40th anniversary party (but done in greens
instead of pinks/mauves and with a different verse). I'm
trying to kick my butt into finishing a Tunisian crochet
plaid afghan for a friend's baby. It's been lingering
for over a year and a half. This particular technique has
made it impossible to carry the project around, so I don't
get so much time with it, but I think now that it's
Nutcracker season, maybe I'll just bite the bullet and
haul the big box'o'skeins to the dance studio anyway.
After that, I really ought to finish up a wool-on-wool
blanket (from Inspirations) that also should have been
finished long ago. Who knows if I'll decide to be good,
though ;-)

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old November 8th 05, 04:23 PM
Pat in Illinois

I fell in love with the quotation: "If you cannot be kind, at least
have the decency to be vague." Now to find the appropriate border to
put around it.

Pat in Illinois
Old November 8th 05, 04:28 PM
Alison

Jere Williams said
I thought perhaps it might be interesting to know what we are all stitching
right now -- I'd suspect it's a wide cross-section.

I just finished 2 large sort of mille fleurs letters for our apartment
door (4 and L) - I had to make up the 4, starting from the initial I,
because there were no numbers. I used 6 strands of floss on 10 count
plastic canvas. It looks spectacular!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jazzbiker

I've started a free mermaid pattern (Trick or Treat Mermaid) on very
small count fabric, probably 36. I'm using a beautiful overdyed
fabric but it will take awhile. I'm waiting for some threads to
stitch the cat and mouse design (Handworks).

Knitting - working on a lovely baby alpaca scarf for a friend.
Waiting for needles to do a lace scarf for my sister.

If I get bored there are so many UFOs to choose from!

Alison
Old November 8th 05, 04:38 PM
Patty Hankins

I'm about 1/4 of the way through a Queen Angel fish cross stich pattern.
It's based on a photo my husband took - and it's my first try at
designing my own patterns.

So it's taking a while since I'm constantly changing things in the
pattern as I stitch

Patty
Old November 8th 05, 04:40 PM
Karen C - California

My top priority project at the moment is a gift for my doctor from "More
Professionals" by Dennis Originals. Anyone who can reduce my pain by
that much deserves a present!

--
Karen C - California
www.CFSfacts.org where we give you the facts and dispel the myths

WIP: July birthstone, Flowers of Hawaii (Jeanette Crews) for ME!!!
LTR: Fireman's Prayer (#2), Amid Amish Life, Angel of Autumn,
Calif Sampler, Holiday Snowglobe

See my designs exclusively at www.TyWolfeDesigns.com

Editor/Proofreader http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html