OT Olympics!!

Old July 6th 05, 01:06 PM
Estelle Gallagher

Default OT Olympics!!

So delighted with the announcement just made. We Got It!!2012!!Jumping up
and down!

--
Estelle UK
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gal.../ph//my_photos

Old July 6th 05, 01:27 PM
CNYstitcher

Congrats to the Londoners....on a personal note, this kind of throws a
monkey wrench into my plans for that year. That is when I will be
celebrating my 40th birthday, and the plan was to take a few weeks off
to visit England, Scotland, possibly Wales...the places where my family
came from originally. I suppose I might have to just settle for
Scotland (which doesn't bother me too much), and it is quite likely
that the family estate (currently being lived in and opened for the
occassional hunting weekend) will be booked WAY in advance now sigh.
Oh well, just have to make another trip after all the olympic furor is
over...the relatives living on the family estate were open to going
through the family tree and tracing everything....my aunt has ouf direct
family back..umpteen generations, and the director of DSs former
preschool has her part of the family (somewhere along the lines, we are
cousins....all descended from 1 immigrant, but she is from one branch of
the family (tennessee) and I am from the other (virginia).

Anyway, I'm rambling....if you can give me a clue as to how strict
security will be getting now that London was chosen, I would appreciate it.

Larisa

Old July 6th 05, 02:58 PM
Roberta Zollner

I'm so happy that you are glad about this.
Congrats!
Roberta in D

Old July 6th 05, 03:17 PM
Susan Laity Price

Hope I can still jump in 2012! That seems so far away.

Susan

Old July 6th 05, 03:34 PM
Jessamy

skip the UK and just come here ;-)

--
Jessamy
www.geocities.com/jess_ayad

Old July 6th 05, 03:53 PM
Anne in CA

Larisa,

Just plan your trip for about 6-8 weeks *before* the Olympics. The year
they were in Sydney, DH had a business trip there and DS and I tagged
along for about 10 days. It was super! Lots of accommodations available
at reasonable prices; no huge crowds because the rest of the world was
waiting until the torch came to town ;-)

OTOH, if you must plan it for *after* the Olympics, give the natives a
few weeks to rest up and recuperate after having the world descend on
them :-)

--
Anne in CA
"It's not having what you want; it's wanting what you've got." -- Sheryl

CNYstitcher wrote:
Congrats to the Londoners....on a personal note, this kind of throws a
monkey wrench into my plans for that year. That is when I will be
celebrating my 40th birthday, and the plan was to take a few weeks off snipped

Old July 6th 05, 03:56 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
"Estelle Gallagher" wrote:

So delighted with the announcement just made. We Got It!!2012!!Jumping up
and down!

That's wonderful, Estelle! I'm happy for you, though I must admit that
DH is disappointed. He wanted Paris so we could go stay with my DT
(she's there in the summer, in China for the rest of the year for the
next couple of years) and see some of the games. LOL!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old July 6th 05, 04:08 PM
Estelle Gallagher

Have to admit we live some 250 miles from London,but as you all know this is
quite a small island!! Have 2 of my offsprings living up in London so might
take time to go up or will enjoy watching it on TV.Yep I certaining wont be
jumping up and down then.Will be 3 years short of 3 score years and 10!lol I
dont think it will be too bad in London city centre,looks as if it is all
out to the east side,course its always got visitors but just after would be
OK and you could come on down to my part of the world in Cornwall.There is
plenty of room here !!You would be very welcome. Estelle Cornwall UK

Old July 6th 05, 05:29 PM
CNYstitcher

Well thank you much! I have to start making my list of quilters to
visit with...lol I appreciate it, really I do...I am totally clueless
when it comes to this trip other than I *AM* going, and I will get
pictures of DHs ancestral home and visit (maybe even stay at) my
ancestral home.

Larisa