OT - Bedtime

Old November 6th 05, 06:00 AM
MRH

Default OT - Bedtime

It is almost 1 Am here. HAPPY SUNDAY!!! I have no idea what it will be
like here in the morning, so I can't say what I will be doing. Although I
have decided that I am going to briefly stop in tomorrow to check my email
and see if anyone else is waiting to share their picture with us for the
RCTY Friends album.... and I will check briefly in the newsgroup.. but then
I am going to take a break from the computer for most of the day. I have
been putting off some things that I wanted to get at (nothing heavy
anymore)... so I think, God willing that I am feeling up to it, I will do it
tomorrow instead of being on the computer most of the day. ) This can
become quite an addictive habit... the computer and internet. ;o)

Good night for now!

*hugs*
Gemini

Old November 6th 05, 07:53 AM
Shirley Shone

A happy Sunday to you. I have just got up here in UK and it is pouring
it down with rain.
Today is also my 51st wedding anniversary. I do not think we shall be
going out celebrating.
Shirley

In message , MRH
writes

--
Shirley Shone

Old November 6th 05, 12:46 PM
Katherine

Happy Sunday to you, too, Gemini. It is chilly here today, but wonderfully
sunny. Kandace spent the night, and, believe it or not, is still asleep, so
I have a chance to get my computer time in before she gets up.
We have another busy day, as we have church this morning, followed by
rehearsal at the Arts Centre, and swim team for Kandace. Tonight, I will do
my marking. Then it all starts over again tomorrow.

Higs,
Katherine

Old November 6th 05, 12:47 PM
Katherine

Shirley Shone wrote:
A happy Sunday to you. I have just got up here in UK and it is pouring
it down with rain.
Today is also my 51st wedding anniversary. I do not think we shall be
going out celebrating.
Shirley

Happy anniversary, Shirley. How wonderful to have been together 51 years. If
you will not be going out, how will you celebrate?

Higs,
Katherine

Old November 6th 05, 04:27 PM
MRH

"Katherine" wrote in message
Happy Sunday to you, too, Gemini. It is chilly here today, but wonderfully
sunny. Kandace spent the night, and, believe it or not, is still asleep,
so I have a chance to get my computer time in before she gets up.
We have another busy day, as we have church this morning, followed by
rehearsal at the Arts Centre, and swim team for Kandace. Tonight, I will
do my marking. Then it all starts over again tomorrow.

Higs,
Katherine

I was hoping to sleep in a little this morning, but at 6 AM we had a big
thunderstorm that had Buffy throwing fits in the laundryroom and Casper
jumped up on my bed to snuggle against me. Of course he sleeps with me
often, but this time his body was shaking a little and being beside me is
the only way he stays calm during storms. It does absolutely no good to
even try to console Buffy... she won't hear of it at all... and just
continues being rangy whether someone is with her or not... so we just leave
her to it until it passes.

The thunder and lightning moved off within 10 minutes, but it either circled
around and came back, or another bout of it came from the same direction
(south... the Americans are sending me bad weather. LOL We usually laugh
when we hear the American weathermen saying that Canada is sending them bad
weather, so I thought I'd retaliate.) as it was back again with a vengence
for another 20 minutes or so. By that point I was wide awake, so I just got
up and dressed. When the rain stopped I let the dogs out, and when I went
to let them back in a light rain had started up again. I had to get out the
doggy towels and do "Fluffer Pups" on them, which they find very amusing.

So today is dark and cloudy, and damp... it looks like it will likely rain
on and off throughout the day. I just looked at the trees, and although
there are some that still have leaves clinging to them, the high winds that
are going on out there must have done a good job of it throughout the night,
because there are quite a few trees that are completely bare of their
leaves. I'm not sure how cold or mild it is outside as I have my knitted
slippers on and don't feel like stepping out onto a damp deck to find out...
however, I am seeing a couple of morning glory on the fence.... mind you,
they could very well be frozen that way. LOL

15 minutes later -
Okay, I take it back! I put my sandals on and went out to check. It's
actually not really cold out... VERY windy, but somewhat mild. AND the
clouds have moved off, that fast, and the sun is shining brightly now with a
few white wispy clouds FLYING by quickly way up there in the blue sky.
However... I think every leaf from every naked tree in the neighbourhood
found it's way into our swimming pool, along with the rolled up (and in a
bag) solar blanket that should have been put back in the shed. It just
happened to be at the edge of the pool so I fished it out and moved it over
to the fence by the shed and stood it on it's end to drain the water out of
the bag. Yes, once again this year we don't have a winter cover for the
pool... can't afford one, plain and simple... so we'll likely end up
emptying the water from the pool next spring to give it a good wash again
before starting the pump up for the summer.

While we were outside fire sirens started going, and the truck came down our
street... so Casper was serenading the neighbourhood with his singalong.
Then that just nicely went by and things were quiet again, when the Legion
Pipe Band marched down the street with the Legionaires on Church Parade (as
this Friday coming is Remembrance Day). Casper watched and listened to
them wagging his tail, and came over to me... I said "Isn't that pretty
music?" and he had to join in with the singing again. LOL

Oh, while I think of it... Matthew has moved on to stay at someone else's
place for this last week in the city. His friend who he had been staying
with and gave some money to for some of the groceries was told by her
landlord that she couldn't have "this guy" staying there unless he was going
to be paying half of the rent.. and in that case the rent would go up
because there was more than one adult there. Matthew's friend gave him back
*some* of the money he had given her for groceries, and this other lady who
he had worked with (and her husband), at the same place as the other friend,
said he could stay with them for the next week while he looked for work...
no money at all, not even to help with the groceries.

Matthew said when he called me that night "They are nice people, so don't
worry about me. They have two sons close to my age... maybe a couple of
years younger, or older, I'm not sure. AND (this is important to him... I
had to laugh) they have TV and Satellite... AND they are into watching
Wrestling so I get to see it while I'm here. They only said one thing... if
I'm not here at suppertime, then I miss out on the meal, because they don't
run a restaurant." Sounds good to me... it will give him two other young
people to hang out with instead of just the same three all the time... (his
best friend who sits in front of a computer the entire time he's off work
and never does outside stuff, his ex-girlfriend who is still trying to tell
him what to do even though they split up about 1 1/2 months ago, and her
friend... the friend he had been staying with last week who he also worked
with at his last job), so it will expand his list of friends... and it will
give him better opportunity to look around for work in a different area of
the city that he hadn't gotten to last week... and he will be well fed. The
last couple of days that he was at the other friend's place, she wasn't
hungry at suppertime so therefore she didn't bother with food at all. The
first week she had sprained her ankle and had to stay off it so Matthew was
doing the cooking and washing up himself... but the last two days she was
fine and Matthew asked her what she wanted to do about supper and her reply
was "Emily (her little girl) had Chinese food at the babysitter's, and I'm
not hungry!" Oh, and one night her regular babysitter who is also a friend
of hers called her to go play bingo, and she said to Matthew "You don't mind
looking after Emily, do you!"... not a question, but a statement.

Matthew was really hungry when I met up with him on Friday so I took him to
A&W for a burger, onion rings and a drink... not the best food and we really
can't afford to splurge, but it is the cheapest place to eat and my son was
hungry so that was all that mattered. I also brought along from home a can
of beefaroni that he could heat up during the day for lunch when he was
alone, and four small bags of chips (we had bought a box of them for
Halloween when we thought Matthew would be home to pass them out).

Anyway, that's my new for today. Oh, by the way.... the heavy dark grey
clouds came back, but the wind is blowing so hard, that they *could* be gone
again in another 10 minutes. I see patches of blue off in the distance, so
who knows? ;o)

Gemini

Old November 6th 05, 06:18 PM
Katherine

MRH wrote:

snip

So how do you fell about him moving? I mean, if he gets a job, he will be
gone, and I know that you will miss him. DO you think this will be a good
thing or not?

Higs,
Katherine

Old November 6th 05, 06:34 PM
MRH

Back VERY briefly... until it goes again! We've talked about it. It
won't be happening for a while. He's worked in the city before and lived
here. He is staying until the bills are caught up on, and until I am
approved for Disability (if ever *sigh*) so that we can afford to keep up
with the bills and mortgage... it *is* his house too, he chose this house
and talked me into getting it. Personally I think it's ridiculous to live
somewhere else and pay rent and other bills, when he already owns a home and
has to pay half of the mortgage on it. Not that I can't understand him
wanting to be on his own (although that wouldn't be the point either since
he and his friend would be sharing an apartment). My main concern about him
living with Kyle.... Kyle does not go out, except to an occasional movie
(with Matthew), when he's not working he sits in front of the computer
playing computer games ALL the time. So *when* is Matthew ever going to get
out and meet other people (girls for instance) so that he can get into a
relationship that might just be the right one? I mentioned that to Matthew
and he said "Yeah, I know what Kyle is like." and "I don't know... I guess I
never thought about that!" So there you have it. Hopefully by the time the
bills are caught up on and I am approved for Disability, he will have had
time to think things through and come to a clear decision about it all.

Gemini

Old November 7th 05, 11:17 PM
Janise

Shirley,
Happy Belated Anniversary to you and your DH. I hope you had a
wonderful day.

Janise

Old November 8th 05, 02:46 AM

Hi Shirley,

Congratulations on celebrating 51 wonderful years. Sorry I missed it
yesterday.

Hugs,

Nora