Another Easter!

Old March 27th 05, 09:32 AM
R. E. Wicker

Default Another Easter!

Dear quilters,
I remember last Easter I had one of my granddaughters, Erica,
stand in for me in the Senion Choir at church. I was so grateful to
have her care so much. Through the year of trying to get well, I have
had to with draw from the choir all together, and infact from that
church as the pollen is to much for me. This Easter I am still not
able to climb the 14 steps to the loft (sprained my ankle the 27th of
January--final straw) and will spend my Sunday watching the Easter
Celebration on TV. That's o.k. I am scheduled for Minimal Invasive
left hip surgery in May and I pray this will lessen my pain so I can
actually use that Quilting Room that I redecorated last April. In
the meantime I have been revising my second published book and doing
the research for the third book. I have been reading the posts every
day and am always happy to learn about the "life of a quilter."

Rhoda
http://home.att.net/~rhodaberry

Old March 27th 05, 11:32 AM
Patti

You're an inspiration to us, Rhoda.
I hope I'll be like you, when the 'annoyances' become real problems.
Here you are, incapacitated, yet finishing one book and starting on
another.
Good for you and more 'power to your elbow', as they say.
..
In message , R. E. Wicker
writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old March 27th 05, 04:27 PM
Louise

Rhoda,

I'm sure sorry to hear of the troubles you've had over the past year, but
it's wonderful that you were able to go ahead with your writing in spite of
it all. What's the third book going to be about?

Best of luck on your upcoming surgery. I think there are two important
aspects to a successful recovery: attitude and following your physical
therapist's instructions! I think your attitude will be just fine, but
sometimes the latter is tough -- DH has started calling his therapist a
"physical torturer," but all in good humor, because he knows that the
therapy is so critical.
--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

news

Old March 28th 05, 03:20 AM
R. E. Wicker

The third book is Women of the U. S. Navy during World War II overseas
and state side. There's suppose to be only a "smattering" of us left
in six years so I must get my writing done soon. I got a new
professional computer and hard ware as I plan to do my own publishing
this time. With a lot of advise from my two daughters, of course.
Thanks for caring.

Rhoda
http://home.att.net/~Rhoda's Quilt Galleries.

Old March 28th 05, 02:30 PM
Pat in Virginia

Dear dear Rhoda,
On the one hand I feel bad that you are having
this run of misfortune. (And spraining your ankle
on my birthday makes me feel eerily guilty!!)

On the other hand, I rejoice in your determination
to forge ahead with book projects, to return to
quilting, your continuing efforts towards return
of health, and your general 'can do' attitude.
They don't call your lot the Greatest Generation
for nothing!

So, Rhoda, I send Easter greetings and prayers for
your needs.
Hugs, PAT in VA/USA