A big thank you and a big hug

Old December 26th 03, 10:43 PM
Beinchat

Default A big thank you and a big hug

A huge thank you and hug to everyone on this wonderful group!!! The
surprise package arrived today and I can't tell you enough how special it made
me feel....I jsut love all of the things, the beautiful shawl, the dish cloths
(that are too pretty to use, I'll have to hang them up in my kittchen just to
*look* at) , the bath things and scrunchies (I really needed some! LOL ).
Thank you so much, it means the world to me. I would be nothing without my
friends.
My surgery was not successful. My kneecap was fractured in 3 places and
the torn cartilage was severe, I will need a total joint replacement.....oy
vey! For now, they're using a special heavy duty extra wide surgical tape and
they have to pull and tape whats left of my kneecap over......not fun. I have
to go back to work Sunday so hopefully I'll be able to do okay....having some
problems with one of the managers there. Actually told me that if I couldn't
come back before Christmas, don't bother to come back because they won't need
the help afterwards. He's rude to everyone so I guess I shouldn't take it too
personally. But I called the union to let them know, just to cover myself.
My son is still here and was able to spend Christmas with us, he'll
probably be shipped out next month. Please continue to pray for peace and that
the Iraqi people can get their government and utilities working soon.
We had a lean Christmas since they lost my workmans comp checks in Oregon,
but they finally came today, what a relief......hard going almost a month
without pay. Luckily I had stocked up on everything since I thought we were
going to go on strike, and these things stood me in good stead....
Well, things are looking up and I felt soooooo much better when I opened
that box of LOVE you all sent!!!! WooHoo!!! Thank you all so much and may we
all have a good and prosperous New Year!
Marie C.
Old December 26th 03, 10:57 PM
Katherine

Marie,
I am so sorry that your surgery was not a success. However, I am with you in
hoping for a better 2004.
Hugs,
Katherine

"

Old December 26th 03, 11:31 PM
Beinchat

Thankyou.... Also, I ask forgiveness...I was so excited about this
wonderful surprise that I forgot to thank the person who sent the lovely doily
and the beautiful sarong scarf...thank you so much, you guys are the greatest!
Marie C.
Old December 27th 03, 12:55 AM
Noreen's Knit*che

Marie,
I'm so sad that your surgery didn't have the results we were all hoping and
praying for...
Please know that I continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Also, thoughts and prayers for your son as well as ALL our servicemen and
women.... may we see PEACE, and soon!
Big hugs,
Noreen

--
STRIP * tease * to email me.
Old December 27th 03, 03:13 AM
norma woods

Marie, I'm so sorry that your surgery wasn't successful. I hope 2004 will
bring you some relief and peace for your son, too.

--
Star love,
Norma

Old December 27th 03, 06:59 AM
Richard Eney

In article ,
Beinchat wrote:
snip
My surgery was not successful. My kneecap was fractured in 3 places
and the torn cartilage was severe, I will need a total joint replacement
....oy vey!

I'm sorry to hear that, but take heart: the people I know who have had
knee replacements are thrilled with the results.

=Tamar
Old December 27th 03, 07:03 AM
Coggie

You are so welcome for the gift .
I believe Nora sent the bath sampler stuff , I did the shawl ( any
mistakes in it I blame on drugs I was taking at the time , did it
right after surgery in the beginning and had to set it aside because
of the painkillers I was on )
I forget who sent the yellow cloth, doily , scrunchies and the
dishclothes , but I am sure someone will pipe up and admit to making
them . As I said I was on and off painkillers so please forgive my
lack of brain power.
I understand and sympathize with what you are going thru . I go back
in for another surgery on my knee on the 9th , the last one did not
hold .
You will be in my prayers .
I am just sorry it took so long for me to get it in the mail.
God Bless ,
Coggie

Old December 27th 03, 04:15 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi Marie,

I'm thrilled that you received the box of goodies.

Now, just sing the words to the song let there be peace on earth and let it
begin with me and we can all pray that for 2004 it will come true.

Hugs,

Nora