First Baby Quilt of 2010

Old January 22nd 10, 05:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska

Default First Baby Quilt of 2010

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2832877...=1264178619296
Old January 22nd 10, 06:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa[_2_]

How cute! Does it have a home or is it waiting to be needed?
--
Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsi dot com

Old January 23rd 10, 12:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle G.

The baby quilts is really pretty. I love your other quilt pictured on the
website; Bella Rosa, what is the name of the pattern? Or is it Bella Rosa?
Michelle G.

Old January 23rd 10, 12:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in NE La.[_4_]

Very pretty, Joan. Love your knitting, too!

--
Donna in NE La.
kd maine 77 at yahoo dot com

Old January 23rd 10, 02:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria[_2_]

Great stuff as always Joan. What a lucky baby to get that one.
I am fussing around with the border of my big tumbler and
trying to decide if I it should stay or go. Tumblers are really
fun. I'd like to put a challenge out there that everyone give
tumblers a try this year. Even just a doll quilt or wallhanging.
They go together quickly and look terrific. Not instant satisfaction
but pretty close.
Thanks for sharing.
Taria

Old January 23rd 10, 04:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

On Jan 22, 5:07�pm, "Michelle G." wrote:
The baby quilts is really pretty. �I love your other quilt pictured on the
website; Bella Rosa, what is the name of the pattern? �Or is it Bella Rosa?
Michelle G.
"joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska" wrote in ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2832877...ed=1&cb=12...- Hide quoted text -

It's Bella Rosa from Miss Rosie Quilt Company. It's the only one of
her patterns that I've seen that had both piecing and applique. I'd
been collecting fabric for a brown/pink quilt and it seemed a perfect
fit.

Yes, the quilt has a home. DS#1's college roommate and wife just had
a baby girl. So the quilt will be winding its way to San Francisco
sometime soon.

The edges of tumbler quilts are problematic. I hate hacking off
perfectly good fabric to make the smooth edges. But the thought of
all that bias binding, probaby sewn down by hand, makes me forget my
good intentions.
joan
Old January 23rd 10, 05:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dee in Oz[_3_]

Done.

I have just put together a tumbler top using 3 charm pack from Freshly
Squeezed ( by Sandy Gervais). Now those colours are WAY out of my comfort
zone.
At the moment it is about 43" x 47" but I still have to decide if I will
leave it that size or add borders. Probably the later if/when I find
something to co ordinate with it.

Dee in Oz

Old January 23rd 10, 09:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Had you ever thought of doing a facing, Joan - for the Tumbler edge I
mean?
They are no more trouble than bindings, and sometimes less! like when an
edge is not straight.
OR
You could appliqué the staggered edge to a straight strip of fabric.
Then you have a straight edge to bind.
..
In message
,
joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska writes
It's Bella Rosa from Miss Rosie Quilt Company. It's the only one of
her patterns that I've seen that had both piecing and applique. I'd
been collecting fabric for a brown/pink quilt and it seemed a perfect
fit.

Yes, the quilt has a home. DS#1's college roommate and wife just had
a baby girl. So the quilt will be winding its way to San Francisco
sometime soon.

The edges of tumbler quilts are problematic. I hate hacking off
perfectly good fabric to make the smooth edges. But the thought of
all that bias binding, probaby sewn down by hand, makes me forget my
good intentions.
joan

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old January 23rd 10, 05:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria[_2_]

I am working with a border on two sides of my tumbler and
I put a row of border fabric tumblers on those edges, cut them
in half and added the border. Hacking off still is tough.
Taria
.

Old January 24th 10, 03:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle C.

joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska wrote:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/2832877...=1264178619296

Pretty, pretty! I'm very partial to florals and dainty calicos. :-)

Michelle in Nevada