Raggedy Ann/ Andy question

Old August 12th 07, 03:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

Default Raggedy Ann/ Andy question

After mumbleity mumble years, I'm finishing DD's RaggedyAnn/Andy dolls (only
have the rest of the hair to go)

Thus my questions: when you 'do' the hair, how close do you put it together
(they only say 3 rows--but that looks sparse to me),

AND do you cut the yarn or leave it in loops?

Don't say "it's up to me" cause it's been AGES since I've seen one, let
alone make one.....((DD's first pair literally fell apart--she's finally
threw the rest away when she heard these are almost done ))

I'm wrapping the yarn around cardboard, sewing in the middle (where I left
the space open), sliding it off, and sewing it onto the doll's head. Sure
beats hand sewing the yarn onto the doll.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Butterfly (2nd attempt at posting today)

Old August 13th 07, 11:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

Butterflywings wrote:
After mumbleity mumble years, I'm finishing DD's RaggedyAnn/Andy dolls (only
have the rest of the hair to go)

Thus my questions: when you 'do' the hair, how close do you put it together
(they only say 3 rows--but that looks sparse to me),

AND do you cut the yarn or leave it in loops?

Don't say "it's up to me" cause it's been AGES since I've seen one, let
alone make one.....((DD's first pair literally fell apart--she's finally
threw the rest away when she heard these are almost done ))

I'm wrapping the yarn around cardboard, sewing in the middle (where I left
the space open), sliding it off, and sewing it onto the doll's head. Sure
beats hand sewing the yarn onto the doll.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Butterfly (2nd attempt at posting today)

and the second time its arrived today!

Welcome back! Don't know about dollies though. The last one I made put a
hole in my finger. I embroidered the hair doing a giant satin stitch
from the hairline to a pony-tail on top using knitting wool.

She is called Jemima and is still going strong after 35+ years. Her hair
still looks good!

--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk

Raggedy Ann BDS2pds Needlework 0 October 28th 03 10:04 PM
Raggedy Ann and Andy Kate T. Quilting 7 October 28th 03 03:18 PM