birth (rather than baby) design

Old August 3rd 07, 09:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Connie[_2_]

Default birth (rather than baby) design

In article , Pat in Virginia
wrote:

Anne: I took a peek at a few links on the site. So, I
'discovered' that this Trust Birth Association is
promoting birthing babies in home. So .... how about a
small quilt with houses? You could search for some
fabric that has pictures of babies and have that fabric
in some windows. You could appliqué a heart on each
roof. Lots of possibilities with houses! HTH.
PAT in VA/USA

VERY clever!

Anne Rogers wrote:

There is a conference about childbirth in California next year, to help
raise money to cover costs, there will be a silent auction of hand made
items, I'm not clear on whether they have to be birth related, but, I
think they may well be likely to raise more money if they are. The logo
for the conference is here http://trustbirthconference.com/, but I think
that for me, it would be too difficult to do in fabric and the results
wouldn't be pleasing. I would like to contribute a wallhanging sized
quilt, but I'm struggling for ideas as to a birth related feature that I
could base the design around. Any ideas?

Cheers
Anne

--
Happy quilting & quilty hugs!!
Connie

I've started a FREE eZine ... and I've posted *LOTS* of free applique patterns!
Check it out!
http://sewverycreative.blogspot.com/ ----- It's BACK!! AND they APOLOGIZED!
LOL!
Old August 7th 07, 06:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Morag in Scotland

Hi Anne,
What about doing something with the international breastfeeding logo? It's a
very simple shape and would look lovely appliqued onto a quilt.
This is the one I mean :
http://www.studentmidwife.org/2007/0...breastfeeding/

Have great fun at the conference - I see one of the speakers is Michel
Odent. I saw him speak at a conference in June and he was brilliant. Very
thought provoking and interesting.

Morag

Old August 13th 07, 04:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anne Rogers[_3_]

Morag in Scotland wrote:
Hi Anne,
What about doing something with the international breastfeeding logo?
It's a very simple shape and would look lovely appliqued onto a quilt.
This is the one I mean :
http://www.studentmidwife.org/2007/0...breastfeeding/

that's a great idea, I'd have to check copyright though, but I'd expect
with it being a relevant charity it would be fine

Have great fun at the conference - I see one of the speakers is Michel
Odent. I saw him speak at a conference in June and he was brilliant.
Very thought provoking and interesting.

unfortunately I don't get to go to the conference, it's doubly
frustrating as there was a similar conference in Cambridge, UK whilst we
were living there, which I also didn't get to go to, it's the fact that
DH would have to take time off to look after the kids that is the
determining factor, I hope I'll get hear some of these fantastic
speakers at some point.

Anne
Old August 13th 07, 12:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Anne:
An organization that by its very nature will attract
parents of young children should have some on site
child care options! May be too late for this year, but
you might push that for the next go round.
PAT in VA/USA
PS: Back on topic ... did you choose the design or
start the project yet?

Old August 14th 07, 12:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anne Rogers[_3_]

Pat in Virginia wrote:
Anne:
An organization that by its very nature will attract parents of young
children should have some on site child care options! May be too late
for this year, but you might push that for the next go round.
PAT in VA/USA
PS: Back on topic ... did you choose the design or start the project yet?

I've found they tend to welcome breastfeeding babies when other
organisations might not, if they do offer a childcare facility it's
likely to be at restricted times and costly. Where we are living now, I
have excellent drop in childcare facilities, had I had something like
that back in Cambridge, it would have made that conference attendable.
This one is in California, we're in Seattle, so taking all the family
has quite big cost implications and I wouldn't travel by myself with
children just yet.

The breastfeeding logo that Morag suggested is in the public domain and
created for that purpose, so I think I will do a wallhanging of that,
but I may do something else was well. So now I have to get the logo
enlarged, I'm not sure how big they go up to at our local kinkos, but
I'm sure I'll be able to get something reasonable sized, or split it
over 2 sheets.

Cheers
Anne
Old August 14th 07, 10:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Morag in Scotland

Anne, you must post a picture of it when you're done, I'm sure it'll look
amazing! I am training as a breastfeeding counsellor in the UK and if yours
turns out well I might be tempted to try one of my own to raffle for the
charity organisation I'm training with.
Morag