any loom knitting here?

Old July 10th 07, 09:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default any loom knitting here?

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
My late mopther used to have a knitting machine ,,, i never saw a
knitting machine that CROSSES the threads ?????
I don`t think Knitting or Weaving gain anything by Mixing this
terminologies ....at the end it will be bad for both activities , the
Narrowing down of terminologies isn`t a goods sign.
mirjam

I have no idea what kind of knitting machine you are talking about, but
my knitting machine as well as my knitting looms (e.g. hand ones) knit
*exactly* the same as knitting, except that each stitch is held on a
separate hook (knitting machine) or peg (hand knitting loom), but they
are knit *exactly* the same way as you would do on needles.

--
Every job is a self-portrait of the person who does it. Autograph your
work with excellence.
Old July 11th 07, 09:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply" wrote in
message ...
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
My late mopther used to have a knitting machine ,,, i never saw a
knitting machine that CROSSES the threads ????? I don`t think Knitting or
Weaving gain anything by Mixing this
terminologies ....at the end it will be bad for both activities , the
Narrowing down of terminologies isn`t a goods sign. mirjam

I have no idea what kind of knitting machine you are talking about, but my
knitting machine as well as my knitting looms (e.g. hand ones) knit
*exactly* the same as knitting, except that each stitch is held on a
separate hook (knitting machine) or peg (hand knitting loom), but they are
knit *exactly* the same way as you would do on needles.

My machine does the same. One day I'll get it out ... perhaps ... when I
have enough space ... and can be bothered ... sigh ... My mother always
said I suffered from idleitis, I'm beginning to think she was right :-)

Mary

Old July 11th 07, 11:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bricore

On Jul 8, 12:03 pm, Iriss wrote:
Any loom knitters here?

Hello!
I loom knit! I love it. I have done one booklet, a pattern for
online magazine, and I just did two patterns for a magazine that will
be in stores here soon (one is coming out in August..) I am VERY
excited about the one in August because it's a pretty big magazine. I
can't say anything more because I am under contract but once it hits
the stands I'll be sure to point it out.

Dora Renee' Wilkerson
http://www.bricoreandfamily.blogspot.com/

Old July 12th 07, 12:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bricore

On Jul 8, 12:03 pm, Iriss wrote:
Any loom knitters here?

I almost forgot I also have patterns for sale (I am not trying to sell
you anything..lol.) I am just saying I LOVE to loom knit.

On my blog I have a few free ones but not many. It seems like the last
year everything I have done has been sold to someone for something or
another.

Loom knitting is great.

Hey, do you see DYI with loom knitting on it not long ago (Monday.)
They did a great job of showing it.
I put the link on my blog to the video if you haven't seen it (I don't
know the you tube address off hand but I have it linked on my site...
You can find that here http://bricoreandfamily.blogspot.com...9_archive.html
)

Here are some of my free stuff.
http://bricoreandfamily.blogspot.com...4_archive.html

http://bricoreandfamily.blogspot.com...8_archive.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKjRNjMBPrQ

http://bricoreandfamily.blogspot.com...2_archive.html

There is more but I only have these saved where I can find them real
fast.

Here are some of my favorite sites for loom knitting (just incase
anyone wants to learn more)

http://www.loomknitterscircle.com/Is...rns/index.html
(my pattern on that magazine is the chicken)

http://www.robertscrafts.com/project...itter&dsp=list
(lots of free patterns)

http://www.spunkybluecatdesigns.com/...onal_Pages.php
(not all the way back up yet but good help and free patterns. I also
have a few patterns on here.)

http://kansasa.blogspot.com/
(really good site. Look on the side for loom knitting.)

http://loomlady.blogspot.com/
(a good amount of free patterns. Good stuff too)

http://www.knitchat.com/
(this girl has a good book out)

http://conicuts.blogspot.com/
(she has talent)

http://isela.typepad.com/
Wonderful at loom knit. Great helpful videos. This is the same girl
that was just on TV for loom knitting.

Ok, now that you all know I am a loom knitting nut...lol..

Take care,

Dora Renee' Wilkerson

Old July 12th 07, 12:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bricore

On Jul 8, 12:03 pm, Iriss wrote:
Any loom knitters here?

I am sorry on more that I can't forget because I like it so much is
www.knittingboard.com
Free patterns and Lots of good videos to help you along.

Dora Renee' Wilkerson

Old July 12th 07, 06:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

I am happy to see it is called
knitting Board
mirjam

Old July 12th 07, 11:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
B Vaughan

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 15:46:14 -0700, Bricore
wrote:

On Jul 8, 12:03 pm, Iriss wrote:
Any loom knitters here?

Hello!
I loom knit! I love it. I have done one booklet, a pattern for
online magazine, and I just did two patterns for a magazine that will
be in stores here soon (one is coming out in August..) I am VERY
excited about the one in August because it's a pretty big magazine. I
can't say anything more because I am under contract but once it hits
the stands I'll be sure to point it out.

I looked at your site, and watched some of your videos, which are
really well done. I just have to wonder, though, whether knitting with
a board is any quicker than with needles. I realize you probably work
much faster when you're not making a video, but just the process of
knitting off the stitches, not to mention wrapping the pins, looks
like more work than knitting the same number of stitches the
traditional way.
--
Barbara Vaughan

My email address is my first initial followed by my last name at libero dot it.
Old July 12th 07, 12:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
enigma

B wrote in
:

I looked at your site, and watched some of your videos,
which are really well done. I just have to wonder, though,
whether knitting with a board is any quicker than with
needles. I realize you probably work much faster when
you're not making a video, but just the process of knitting
off the stitches, not to mention wrapping the pins, looks
like more work than knitting the same number of stitches
the traditional way.

it depends. i can board knit an acrylic scarf *much* faster
than handknitting, because i hate the way acrylic feels on
needles. my almost 7 year old with fine muscle control issues
knits very well on his round knit boards, but struggles with
needles still.
i don't think it's slower, just different.
lee

Old July 12th 07, 03:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

If you work in the round and go back and forth from same point you get
shorter rows and can make a ROUND ring like cushion ,,,,
mirjam

Old July 12th 07, 09:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bricore

Hello Barbara,
I can't give you an honest answer on this because I can not needle
knit. I can crochet (some. I am faster with a loom then crocheting.
For some reason I seem to tense up when I crochet and I have to force
myself not to), knit on looms, weave, braid, make soap, make
chesses(some), garden (some), cook (some), spin wool, sheer angoras,
ride horses, make butter, trim horse and goats, embroidery, digitize
(ok, I am not good at it but I am learning) and a few other things but
I have never learned to knit on needles.... Ok, a jack of all trades
and a master of none is what you can call me...lol..
I LONG to learn how to needle knit. I have been asked to do a demo
with my looms and I am going to sneak along some needles in hopes to
have someone pity me enough to teach me The funny thing is that I
don't even own needles yet but I will go buy some before I do the demo
(I'll be doing the demo here in Marion, Ohio after the release of this
next magazine.)
I LOVE my looms but by no means do I feel that is the only way to
do things (I also have two knitting machines but I still have not
figure those two out..lol.. My dear husband can get them to work every
time but I jam them up each time I touch them. It's just me I guess.)
I hope one day to really be able to answer your question because I
have been asked that a few times.

Dora Renee' Wilkerson

I looked at your site, and watched some of your videos, which are
really well done. I just have to wonder, though, whether knitting with
a board is any quicker than with needles. I realize you probably work
much faster when you're not making a video, but just the process of
knitting off the stitches, not to mention wrapping the pins, looks
like more work than knitting the same number of stitches the
traditional way.
--
Barbara Vaughan

My email address is my first initial followed by my last name at libero dot it.

OT..Loom Knitting Flexible Scarf pattern nzlstar* Quilting 8 June 1st 07 01:05 AM
knitting loom things Stella Fenley Yarn 5 March 28th 06 01:22 AM
knitting loom or jig wanted emma J Marketplace 0 October 26th 05 07:47 PM
DIY knitting rake or loom Slinky Yarn 0 June 17th 04 05:34 PM
Source for cheap knitting board/loom for girl scout troop MaryJLind Yarn 9 December 19th 03 06:13 PM