How do you get age spots out?

Old October 1st 13, 02:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Default How do you get age spots out?

This 13 yr. old golden oldie reply has to be the best one yet! LOL Where *do* they dig these up???

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

On Thursday, June 8, 2000 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, Lenora C wrote:
I bought some beautiful quilt blocks and quilt top. However they have
those brown age spots. How do you get these out of old fabric??

--
Lenora
In the cornfields of Illinois

Old October 1st 13, 03:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Well, Leslie. Actually, I read the post very carefully. Decided I'd just
keep my freckles. Polly

Old October 1st 13, 12:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy in SoCal

A golden oldie indeed, do they even make "biz" anymore? I've never seen it in California. But, I can attest to the lemon juice and sunshine remedy, take lemons, cut in half, squeeze into 2 quart container, add sugar to taste and water to fill the jug. pour into glass over ice and take to a comfy chair on the patio....in the sunshine....perfect!
Old October 1st 13, 03:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells[_3_]

I only get a true date when someone replies to a post - only 2013 showed
for me Leslie's your reply, which is why I sometimes reply to a very old
post, not realizing its age until someone points it out. Please note Mr
Thunderbird, this is a nuisance!

I've just realised too that I only received a post about age spots on
skin - I didn't see any reply re fabric spots at all until Leslie's
reply when fabric was mentioned in the snippet that was attached. All
very confusing. In 2000 I was a lot younger and could understand these
things!! I also used Free Agent then!

Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk
http://picasaweb.google.com/SallySeaside

Old October 2nd 13, 04:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

I can still get biz here Amy. I think it is liquid now though. I want to
say I just saw it at smart and final.
Taria

Old October 2nd 13, 07:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

On Tue, 01 Oct 2013 04:54:37 -0700, amy in SoCal wrote:

A golden oldie indeed, do they even make "biz" anymore? I've never seen
it in California. But, I can attest to the lemon juice and sunshine
remedy, take lemons, cut in half, squeeze into 2 quart container, add
sugar to taste and water to fill the jug. pour into glass over ice and
take to a comfy chair on the patio....in the sunshine....perfect!

There you go, you move far enough to the left and even the shopping
shelves change!

Biz is indeed still available. If you go to the website they have one of
those finder sections that might help you out.
Worst comes to worst you can order it on the wally world website and have
it shipped to your nearest store for pick up.

I generally prefer the lemon juice option for whites myself, but for
colors I tend to look for something else.

NightMist

--
I'm raising a developmentally disabled child. What's your superpower?
Old October 5th 13, 02:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN[_5_]

We still have Biz here; I've only used the powder & don't remember
seeing a liquid version. However it's not something I use regularly, so
I don't buy it often -- a box lasts quite a while for me.

Julia in MN

-----------
http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/default.html
-----------

Old October 26th 13, 03:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy E

Howdy!
I use BIZ powder (just dumped some in a load of wash this morning).
It's still the best at getting out age spot on old quilt tops, and taking
out odors.
Cheers!
Ragmop/Sandy

On 10/2/13 10:09 AM, in article , "Taria"
wrote:

I can still get biz here Amy. I think it is liquid now though. I want to
say I just saw it at smart and final.
Taria

"amy in SoCal" wrote in message

A golden oldie indeed, do they even make "biz" anymore? I've never seen it
in California. But, I can attest to the lemon juice and sunshine remedy,
take lemons, cut in half, squeeze into 2 quart container, add sugar to taste
and water to fill the jug. pour into glass over ice and take to a comfy
chair on the patio....in the sunshine....perfect!

How do you get age spots out? [email protected] Quilting 0 September 30th 13 01:05 PM
Candy Jar Swap == 2 spots left..... Kate G. Quilting 2 January 30th 06 01:41 AM
Removing water spots Phylis Maurer Needlework 1 March 24th 05 03:40 AM
rust spots on fabric Julie Needlework 2 March 2nd 04 12:36 PM
batting with dark spots Roberta Zollner Quilting 1 December 21st 03 04:33 AM