accuquilt go?

Old May 1st 12, 01:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Default accuquilt go?

Howdy Sandy, I am with you on this. While sewing with the 'blanket
ladies',
as my dad refers to us, we were talking about some speedy quilting idea.
Finally I had to just shake my head and suggest at some point we need to
just go buy 'blankets' if we don't enjoy the process. To be fair the group
of
blanket ladies do a lot of charity quilts for kids and vets, etc. Still I
just
have to think it is the process that brings me to quilting.
That said, some folks have a tough time with cutters and scissors. I
know of sharing of these systems and that seems more reasonable.
If it can extend the ability for a quilter to quilt I get that.
Taria

"Sandy E" wrote in message ...

Howdy!

Machine costs $350 - $600 (are you really going to choose the
little Baby cutter?); the dies run $111 - $600.
Cutting mats $7- $20 (the guy in the demo suggests having more
than one, & you'll have to have a mat that matches the size
of the die).
So, reckon $600 or more for the machinery to set yourself up in business,
and I'm thinking: that's a lot of fabric allowance! g

But, to each her own.

http://www.accuquilt.com/fabric-cutter-comparison

http://www.accuquilt.com/go-shop/die-sets.html

Lee's really cranking out the piecs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OasY-XZoRTo

Quilting: what's the hurry?

Ragmop/Sandy

Old May 2nd 12, 09:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
betsey

On Apr 30, 7:28*pm, Sandy E wrote:
Howdy!

Machine costs $350 - $600 (are you really going to choose the
little Baby cutter?); the dies run $111 - $600.
Cutting mats $7- $20 (the guy in the demo suggests having more
than one, & you'll have to have a mat that matches the size
of the die).
* So, reckon $600 or more for the machinery to set yourself up in business,
and I'm thinking: that's a lot of fabric allowance! *g

But, to each her own.

http://www.accuquilt.com/fabric-cutter-comparison

http://www.accuquilt.com/go-shop/die-sets.html

Lee's really cranking out the piecs:
*http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OasY-XZoRTo

Quilting: what's the hurry?

Ragmop/Sandy

On 4/26/12 3:36 PM, in article , "barnyowl"

wrote:
I'd say that it depends on how many shapes you want to cut at one time...it
is expensive and the various cutting dies are exhorbitant...$120 for the one
which cuts 2-1/2" strips.
I've seen them demonstrated on a couple of tv quilty shows and I'm sure
there was steam and bad language coming from the users, even with a smile.
Personally, I would invest the costs into getting a sewing machine out of
layaway sooner! *barnyowl

"betsey" wrote in message
on some of the other quilting forum places, lots and lots of raves
about the accuquilt go. *i like gadgets g, but i'm thinking "will i
really use it".

so.....what's the opinions?????

betsey

Sandy--yep, i came to the same conclusion. plus it's made in a place
I try had not to buy from.
Old September 22nd 13, 03:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

I got really lucky, I went on Craigslist and found an Accuquilt GO, with 13 dies for $350 ( on 2 dies were used).. Just look around you just might find a great deal like I did. Btw, yes it's def worth even purchasing it. Check Joann.com sometimes the GO! Is on sale for 40%+ off and they have sales on the dies all the time. Hope this helps