A tiny bit OT

Old August 11th 07, 07:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

Default A tiny bit OT

After mumbleity mumble years, I'm finishing DD's RaggedyAnn/Andy dolls (only
have the rest of the hair to go)
Thus my questions: when you 'do' the hair, how close do you put it together
(they only say 3 rows--but that looks sparse to me),
AND do you cut the yarn or leave it in loops?
Don't say "it's up to me" cause it's been AGES since I've seen one, let
alone make one.....((DD's first pair literally fell apart--she's finally
threw the rest away when she heard these are almost done ))
I'm wrapping the yarn around cardboard, sewing in the middle (where I left
the space open), sliding it off, and sewing it onto the doll's head. Sure
beats hand sewing the yarn onto the doll. Yes, I *AM* doing a tiny bit of
hand sewing---about 6 " and then leaving it alone for a few days.
YAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYYY!!!!!

Any and all help is appreciated.

Butterfly (and I'm working on a fall set of table runner/placemats--just
have the SM quilting to go--see it IS on topic ; )

Old August 13th 07, 09:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kathy Applebaum

Default Butterflywings post (was A tiny bit OT)

Butterfly, your two posts just showed up on my server, both dated 8/11.
Maybe your posting problems are over?

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

http://fabrictramp.typepad.com/fabric_tramping/
remove the obvious to reply

Old August 13th 07, 09:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Ah-ha!
The erstwhile invisible post!

Sorry I don't have an answer; but I think someone did give some pointers
in the thread - Butterfly Blockers.
..
In message , Butterflywings
writes
[...]

Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old August 13th 07, 09:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN

I suppose that depends in part on how big the dolls are. I've got one
that's about 24 inches tall here; I made it for DD 30+ years ago. It
looks like I did 1 row from "ear" to "ear" across the top of the head,
then 2 more rows behind that one and roughly parallel to it, then 3 more
rows going across the back. I cut the loops. The hair is about 2 inches
long. Hope that helps.

Julia in MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Old August 13th 07, 11:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Ha ... I just discovered something odd on my Raggedy
Anne! This is one that is of the 'newer generation' but
is authentic, with the heart tattoo and so on. I found
this 11" Anne in a thrift store in nearly new
condition. She lives in my sewing room. I just got her
to inspect her hair style. Here is something I never
noticed befo I think Anne once visited a strange
hair dresser! MOST of the hair around her face is cut
yarn .... but there are a few longer cuts pieces in
center (cowlick?) plus several loops in that cowlick!
Weird. So, do what you prefer!! Grins, PAT and Anne in
VA/USA

Butterflywings wrote:
After mumbleity mumble years, I'm finishing DD's RaggedyAnn/Andy dolls (only
have the rest of the hair to go)
Thus my questions: when you 'do' the hair, how close do you put it together
(they only say 3 rows--but that looks sparse to me),
AND do you cut the yarn or leave it in loops?

Tiny piping? frood Quilting 10 June 24th 06 04:45 PM
Destashing a tiny bit The YarnWright Yarn 5 February 23rd 06 01:56 AM
OT Tiny leaves Christina Peterson Beads 2 May 7th 04 03:17 AM
Look how tiny Christina Peterson Beads 0 April 25th 04 06:09 PM
tiny tiles MBryt1 Rubberstamps 5 August 25th 03 05:20 AM