Introduction

Old December 9th 04, 08:14 PM
emerald

Default Introduction

Hello everyone,

I've been lurking for a few weeks and enjoying the ng so I decided it was
time for me to introduce myself.
My name is Eimear, though I use "emerald" on the 'net. I am 48years old (how
did that happen?), married and wicked stepmother to two daughters and two
sons-in-law.We also have a grand-daughter who is almost three. We live in a
small town on Vancouver Island, Western Canada which, I see, may make me a
neighbour of Els.

My aunt taught me how to knit, crochet and embroider when I was about seven
years old and my mother taught me garment-making skills a few years later.
In addition to those things I also make quilts, love to walk, swim, read,
garden and travel and am crazy about animals, especially birds.
I'm always curious about everything, forever asking questions and I'm never
bored!

I recently took up my needles and hooks once again. The impetus was the fact
that was looking for a sweater and couldn't find anything I liked. Of
course, it will probably take me two years to make one but I know I will
have something beautiful in the end.
I started my current odyssey by crocheting myself a scarf. Somehow I lost
the plot on my turning rows and ended up adding stitches to every row. I
didn't figure it out till I was finished and, at that stage, I wasn't about
to rip the whole thing out, so I'm wearing it like that! Since I was working
along the length of the scarf it's not too noticeable to anyone but me. I'm
now halfway through a second one, this one a gift, without any problems.

I'm looking forward to learning lots. Who knows, I may even get around to
participating in the square exchange sometime - it sounds like fun.

emerald

Old December 9th 04, 09:05 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 20:14:32 GMT, emerald wrote:

[...]

Welcome, Emerald/ Eimear !! This is the best NG on the 'net... and very
very friendly.
I'm Noreen, who's been on an ISP imposed haitus for a few months, and am
currently lying low.
Hugs,
Noreen
Noreen's Knit*che

--
change n e t to c o m to email me
/OR/
Old December 9th 04, 10:31 PM
Penny Gaines

emerald wrote in Im2ud.467464$nl.306636@pd7tw3no:

Hello everyone,

Hello, and welcome. This is a friendly group here.

--
Penny Gaines
UK mum to three
Old December 10th 04, 02:09 AM
Richard Eney

In article Im2ud.467464$nl.306636@pd7tw3no,
emerald wrote:

snip

I started my current odyssey by crocheting myself a scarf. Somehow I lost
the plot on my turning rows and ended up adding stitches to every row. I
didn't figure it out till I was finished and, at that stage, I wasn't about
to rip the whole thing out, so I'm wearing it like that! Since I was working
along the length of the scarf it's not too noticeable to anyone but me.

It probably looks a lot like some of the designs that have been in the
magazines in the last few years. Every so often the designers decide
to do asymmetrical patterns. So, you have a designer scarf!

I'm now halfway through a second one, this one a gift, without any
problems.

Congratulations.

=Tamar
Old December 10th 04, 02:12 AM
Tante Jan

Welcome, Eimear. You have a name I've never seen before so I'm trying to
imagine how it is pronounced

--
Jan in MN

Old December 10th 04, 02:58 AM
NoraBalcer

Hi Emerald,

As Noreen said this is the greatest group and please join the 6x6 exchange any
month you would like. I post the sign up around the 25th of each month and we
love new folks.

Nora
Old December 10th 04, 03:27 AM
Els van Dam

wrote:

[...]

Hello Eimear, or Emerald,

Welcome to the group and hello neighbour, where are you on Vancouver
Island. Remember everyone, Vancouver Island is the size of Holland or
England......
Eimaear, I live in Mill Bay, just over the Malahat, coming from Victoria.
Eimear sounds Scandinavian....am I correct.

I have to smile about the increase of st. I do that when I crochet,
Knitting is better, but my tour the forte is weaving and spinning, which
comes with dyeing and knitting as well. I belong to the Tzouhalem
Spinners and Weavers in Duncan. I also find that making mistakes is a
learning process. So do not worry, as I can hear you are not doing, but
truck on and keep on making more scarves.

hope to hear from you again.

Els on a very wet and rainy day.

--
hate spam not welcome
Old December 10th 04, 03:28 AM
Els van Dam

In article , Noreen's
Knit*che wrote:

On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 20:14:32 GMT, emerald wrote:

Welcome, Emerald/ Eimear !! This is the best NG on the 'net... and very
very friendly.
I'm Noreen, who's been on an ISP imposed haitus for a few months, and am
currently lying low.
Hugs,
Noreen
Noreen's Knit*che

Hello sweet heart....great to hear...see you, even when you are lying or
is a laying low....LOL

Els

--
hate spam not welcome
Old December 10th 04, 06:33 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Halloooo Emerald ..
Eimear ???? can you tell us about that ???
from Haifa
Isarel
mirjam

Old December 10th 04, 11:26 AM
Ophelia

A big Welcome from Scotland))

Ophelia

[...]

Introduction Christine in Kent, Garden of England Yarn 5 June 10th 04 08:57 PM
Introduction Anna MCM Yarn 1 June 9th 04 08:34 PM
Introduction Llaurie Yarn 0 June 9th 04 08:11 PM
Introduction Els van Dam Yarn 0 June 9th 04 05:23 PM
Introduction Ophelia Yarn 0 June 9th 04 04:14 PM