Not quite ATC

Old August 23rd 05, 04:27 PM
Cheryl

Default Not quite ATC

The ATC craze hasn't quite hit this distant part of Oz yet but something
similar - last year my group used Xmas fabric sandwiches (with batting or
Timtex and a muslin or calico backing) to make Xmas cards and embellished
them with all the odds and ends that inevitably accumulate in a sewing room.
Some cards were pieced, some were cut from fabric prints, and some were
dyed/painted. Embellishments included buttons, beads, embroidery, quilting,
cording, glued scrapbooking trims, etc. As long as the embellishment didn't
get out of control they could still be mailed in envelopes. A couple that
were particularly 3D were sent in the thin packs Post Offices sell to mail
CDs in. Permanent fabric markers were used to write on the backs of most,
but I used fabric printer sheets as backs for a few of mine.

The cards varied in size from tiny tags to be tied to gifts, right up to
larger card size, but used many of the basic ideas of this new ATC trend.
Variations popped up all year for birthdays and anniversaries.

Some of them were lovely, and I hung all the Xmas ones I was given as
decorations. We plan to do it again this year as they were so popular.
Signed and dated, they were great reminders of our sewing friends from
throughout the year.

--