Stash Software?

Old May 12th 04, 09:23 PM
Carolyn Wagner

Default Stash Software?

Hi all,
I need your opinions on a good software for organizing stash. I am
particularly interested in something that I can keep track of the charts in
all my various magazines so that I can search by subject, designer, etc. Is
there by changing anything out there that is free? What programs did you
like, and were there any that you didn't like, and why?

Thanks so much!
Carolyn Wagner

Old May 12th 04, 09:50 PM
Cheryl Isaak

On 5/12/04 4:23 PM, in article , "Carolyn
Wagner" wrote:

Hi all,
I need your opinions on a good software for organizing stash. I am
particularly interested in something that I can keep track of the charts in
all my various magazines so that I can search by subject, designer, etc. Is
there by changing anything out there that is free? What programs did you
like, and were there any that you didn't like, and why?

Thanks so much!
Carolyn Wagner

I use Excel and set it up the the table the way I want it.
Cheryl

Old May 13th 04, 10:28 AM
EagleEyes

"Carolyn Wagner" wrote in message
Hi all,
I need your opinions on a good software for organizing stash. I am
particularly interested in something that I can keep track of the charts

in
all my various magazines so that I can search by subject, designer, etc.

Is
there by changing anything out there that is free? What programs did you
like, and were there any that you didn't like, and why?

Thanks so much!
Carolyn Wagner

Try this..

http://www.still-waters.org.uk/produ...oducts_id=1001

have heard pretty good reports, not tried it myself, looks ideal for what
you want.

Old May 13th 04, 05:24 PM

I've been using "Stash Can" which I tried out, first, and then bought on
line. The main problem with "Stash Can" is that it comes with bunches of
designers and publishers already listed. You can delete them and enter your
own. However if you get a chart/kit or what ever for the first time you
enter it you have to go to the category and enter the name there before You
can enter it into your list. I also find, at least for myself, it allows
me to have way much more info for my needs. For those who need all the
info, such as fabric needed, stitch counts, design size (which I do use) you
can also designate under the "type" XS, NP, freebie, Magazine and it also
gives you a block to type in any other information that you need. While I
like the product, think it cost about $19.00. I have recently installed Word
Perfect so that I can develope my stash list with mainly just the Title,
Designer and other basic information and then be able to sort according to
my needs at the time. By the way with Stash Can you can print out a list
in several different categories...Like I alway print out a list by Designer.
So it really depends on how much information you really need/want.

Marc

--
http://community.webshots.com/user/needlemania

http://www.cyberstitchers.com/Galler...=1065918331265