she was amazed

Old August 13th 09, 04:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mirjam

Default she was amazed

Yesterday while traveling by Bus i saw that i lost a stitch in my
knitting and wasn`t really happy with the result , thus i unravelled
the knitted part ,,, a woman next to me was amazed , and asked why i
unravelled it , i told her why !!! she said she rarely knits and when
she does she Usually has lots of mistakes , but she would never
unravel it ,,,, i told her it is a matter of age [hahah] with age one
knows that looking at errors , annoys one ,,,,,and anyway it is better
to love one`s knitting ,,,, she wasn`t convinced at all..... but i
already cast on my [re]newed knitted sts ,,,than she was amazed at my
casting on by knitting ,,,
i already knitted the length i unraveled but now i am very happy with
the result and try to make some thing new in pattern for myself ....
mirjam
Old August 13th 09, 08:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
SpikeDriver

mirjam wrote:
Yesterday while traveling by Bus i saw that i lost a stitch in my
knitting and wasn`t really happy with the result , thus i unravelled
the knitted part ,,, a woman next to me was amazed , and asked why i
unravelled it , i told her why !!! she said she rarely knits and when
she does she Usually has lots of mistakes , but she would never
unravel it ,,,, i told her it is a matter of age [hahah] with age one
knows that looking at errors , annoys one ,,,,,and anyway it is better
to love one`s knitting ,,,, she wasn`t convinced at all..... but i
already cast on my [re]newed knitted sts ,,,than she was amazed at my
casting on by knitting ,,,
i already knitted the length i unraveled but now i am very happy with
the result and try to make some thing new in pattern for myself ....
mirjam

I agree Mirjam. The older I get the more perfect I want my work.

It is getting harder to achieve.

Dennis
Old August 13th 09, 07:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mirjam

Hallo Dennis
How are you ?

I agree Mirjam. *The older I get the more perfect I want my work.

It is getting harder to achieve. *

Dennis

i think that with Age we already have some made things , and aren`t
`growing` much thus this too allows the wish to make it all better !!!
mirjam
Old August 17th 09, 08:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Lisa in NJ

"mirjam" wrote in message
Yesterday while traveling by Bus i saw that i lost a stitch in my
knitting and wasn`t really happy with the result , thus i unravelled
the knitted part ,,, a woman next to me was amazed , and asked why i
unravelled it , i told her why !!! she said she rarely knits and when
she does she Usually has lots of mistakes , but she would never
unravel it ,,,, i told her it is a matter of age [hahah] with age one
knows that looking at errors , annoys one ,,,,,and anyway it is better
to love one`s knitting ,,,, she wasn`t convinced at all..... but i
already cast on my [re]newed knitted sts ,,,than she was amazed at my
casting on by knitting ,,,
i already knitted the length i unraveled but now i am very happy with
the result and try to make some thing new in pattern for myself ....
mirjam

I totally understand!
I'm a novice knitter, and I make lots of mistakes, so I do quite a bit of
unraveling. Sometimes I wonder why, myself. Perhaps it is, after all, my
age. If I spend the time making something, I want it right. Or perhaps it
has to do with wanting the same satisfaction from the finished product as
from the knitting itself.
Just yesterday I noticed that my second ever pair of socks had one sock
longer than the other (it is ok to laugh - I am not sure how that happened,
especially as I knit them from the toe up!). I will be putting the shorter
sock and leftover yarn on a scale and comparing the weight to the longer one
to see which sock cuff to unravel. At least I have some time before I want
to wear them, as it is turning out to be a very warm end-of-summer here in
New Jersey.

Lisa

Old August 18th 09, 04:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Linda Lee

If I see a mistake in my knitting you better believe it gets unravelled
pretty fast. I would never be happy knowing there was a mistake.

I knit for charities mostly with plain old 'Red Heart' yarns but each
item is knitted with love.

And I have a thing for knitted dishcloths. I don't use them personally
but I have several people who ask for them every year. :-)

Old August 18th 09, 05:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mirjam

My `problem` with unravelling is that i need `One piece no seam
sweaters ` thus unraveling might be at times both & back front etc...I
have `mastered` letting one stich fall ,,,,,,,,if that is what is
needed to repair something Way up the sweater [ i knit from neck
down].... And last yerar i managed , [very slowly and carefully ] to
let down a braid that some how had one `turn` , wrong , thus i tried
and manged to repair it without unraveling the whole lot ..
mirjam
Old August 18th 09, 01:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Linda Lee

I know it can be done...correcting just one stitch...but I wouldn't be
the master of it. roflmbo

I'm not even sure I would take on the challenge of knitting in one piece
but I know 'no seams' would be so nice.

See...I told you I had little to offer in this group as all of you here
are much more advance in your knitting skills than I am. I'm like a
pre-schooler wanting to play with the big grade school kids. :-)

Old August 18th 09, 02:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DA[_3_]

"Linda Lee" wrote in message
I know it can be done...correcting just one stitch...but I wouldn't be
the master of it. roflmbo

I'm not even sure I would take on the challenge of knitting in one piece
but I know 'no seams' would be so nice.

See...I told you I had little to offer in this group as all of you here
are much more advance in your knitting skills than I am. I'm like a
pre-schooler wanting to play with the big grade school kids. :-)

Linda, playing with the big kids is a great way to learn. I will bet that
among the knitters here, every technique has been tried and every mistake
made.
The sharing of knitting knowledge has come full circle but instead of being
passed along orally, we now share with out keyboards.
DA

Old August 18th 09, 09:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mirjam

On Aug 18, 3:51*pm, (Linda Lee) wrote:
I know it can be done...correcting just one stitch...but I wouldn't be
the master of it. *roflmbo

I'm not even sure I would take on the challenge of knitting in one piece
but I know 'no seams' would be so nice.

See...I told you I had little to offer in this group *as all of you here
are much more advance in your knitting skills than I am. *I'm like a
pre-schooler wanting to play with the big grade school kids. *:-)

Linda i for one, just as most people here , love to share any Knitting
experience i have ,,,with other knitters /crocheters ,,,
Just ask me ,,,
mirjam
Old October 21st 09, 12:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Murielle

"Linda Lee" wrote in message
I know it can be done...correcting just one stitch...but I wouldn't be
the master of it. roflmbo

I'm not even sure I would take on the challenge of knitting in one piece
but I know 'no seams' would be so nice.

See...I told you I had little to offer in this group as all of you here
are much more advance in your knitting skills than I am. I'm like a
pre-schooler wanting to play with the big grade school kids. :-)

When I was knitting a lot, and I mean for hours each day, I used to be able
to pick up lost stitches from several rows down with a crochet hook. I've
tried to do that recently (my knitting revival) but it just doesn't look
quite right somehow. ;-)

I tend to rip things down when I make mistakes these days. It's easier.
;-)

Murielle

Hubby amazed me. Nocturnal Quilting 10 March 17th 05 07:45 PM
Hubby amazed me & Julie's hug quilt Joanne Passmore Quilting 5 March 13th 05 05:21 PM
Sometimes I'm just amazed Slinky Yarn 2 May 22nd 04 01:07 PM