Cat hair question

Old October 22nd 06, 06:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Martha S

Default Cat hair question

Hi, I'm new to clay and this is my first time posting to this group. I doubt
there is much I can do because I live in a small apartment so I cannot have
a "cat free" zone but if anybody has tips about keeping animal hair out of
your work would appreciate it if you could share this.

I'm never going to have no cats and vacuuming the entire place more than
once a week is more than I can handle. Any thoughts? Thanks,
Martha

Old October 22nd 06, 08:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
FlameNwind

if anybody has tips about keeping animal hair out of
your work would appreciate it if you could share this.

First, IMHO, if cat hair is good for the cat, then it is good for all
mankind!!! A little (underline little) cat hair most likely adds strength
and character to all our craftings! At least, that is what my fine feline,
Sammy, just told me.

I have a work table/bench area that I do all my work and which, of course,
is Sammy's favorite roosting place. Where Sammy roosts - Sammy sheds. I
also have a small hand vacuum (dirt devil) that the minute it is turned on,
Sammy decides that the other side of the house is a more cat-friendly area.
I suspect that most cats feel the same way about the Dirt Devil. Anyway, I
just do a quick, spot vacuuming of the work area prior to pulling the clays
and tools out. Seems to do the trick...and what stray hairs I find on
projects, I pluck.

I'm so glad you don't see your life ever being cat-less...what a glorious
life! LOL

Lori

Old October 22nd 06, 11:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Sarajane Helm

some folks just go ahead and consider it "armature" or "fur rebar". Saran
wrap placed over your work in progress when not ACTUALLY in progress, is
your best best for avoiding it.

--
Sarajane's Polyclay Gallery
Beads-Dolls-Wearable Art

See the progress at "Pieces"
http://www.polyclay.com/store.htm

Old October 23rd 06, 04:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Martha S

LOL. Didn't think of it as a strengthener I do cover with plastic wrap,
run the dust buster over the table, discourage them from walking on it, etc.
but it seems like every time I have rolled something through the pasta
machine 40 times and I have a beautiful, smooth surface and I'm ready to
work on it, I find at least one gigantic hair and then I have to dig it out
and start all over again. Guess it's just the nature of the beast

Thanks for the responses.

Martha

More moebiouses Nck Yarn 28 October 28th 05 03:29 PM
Good morning or good evening depending upon your location. I want to ask you the most important question of your life. Your joy or sorrow for all eternity depends upon your answer. The question is: Are you saved? It is not a question of how good Dr. Sooz Beads 0 April 22nd 05 07:24 PM
Good morning or good evening depending upon your location. I want to ask you the most important question of your life. Your joy or sorrow for all eternity depends upon your answer. The question is: Are you saved? It is not a question of how good Polly S. Beads 0 April 22nd 05 06:29 AM
Big hair net hair nets =snood [terminology European.] Mirjam Bruck-Cohen Yarn 2 January 14th 04 07:07 AM
Big hair net hair nets =snood [terminology European.] Mirjam Bruck-Cohen Yarn 0 January 14th 04 12:18 AM