OT a laugh to start the year

Old January 1st 04, 03:37 PM
Roberta Zollner

Default OT a laugh to start the year

Wordsmithing

The Washington Post's Style Invitational once again asked readers to take
any word from the dictionary, alter it by adding, subtracting, or changing
one letter, and supply a new definition. Here are this year's (2003)
winners:

1. Intaxication: Euphoria at getting a tax refund, which lasts until you
realize it was your money to start with.

2. Reintarnation: Coming back to life as a hillbilly.

3. Bozone (n.): The substance surrounding stupid people that stops bright
ideas from penetrating. The bozone layer, unfortunately, shows little sign
of breaking down in the near future.

4. Foreploy: Any misrepresentation about yourself for the purpose of getting
laid.

5. Cashtration (n.): The act of buying a house,which renders the subject
financially impotent for an indefinite period.

6. Giraffiti: Vandalism spray painted very, very high.

7. Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who
doesn't get it.

8. Inoculatte: To take coffee intravenously when you are running late.

9. Hipatitis: Terminal coolness.

10. Osteopornosis: A degenerate disease. (This one got extra credit.)

11. Karmageddon: It's like, when everybody is sending off all these really
bad vibes, right? And then, like, the Earth explodes and it's like, a
serious bummer.

12. Decafalon (n.): The grueling event of getting through the day
consuming only things that are good for you.

13. Glibido: All talk and no action.

14. Dopeler effect: The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they
come at you rapidly.

15. Arachnoleptic fit (n.): The frantic dance performed just after you've
accidentally walked through a spider web.

16. Beelzebug (n.): Satan in the form of a mosquito that gets into your
bedroom at three in the morning and cannot be cast out.

17. Caterpallor (n.): The color you turn after finding half a grub in the
fruit you're eating.

And the pick of the literatu

18. Ignoranus: A person who's both stupid and an asshole.
*****

Roberta in D

Old January 1st 04, 06:57 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
"Roberta Zollner" wrote:

[...]

These are terrific! Thanks! I'm still giggling and am about to forward
them to some friends and family members. G
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
my ISP is earthlink.net
Old January 1st 04, 09:15 PM
nzl*

roflmaopimp, i should of made a loo trip first.
these had me in such hysterics dh couldnt read his morning paper in peace.
thanks, great way to start the Ewe Near.
especially loved #7, thats much like my 16yo ds.
#14, thats me, arghhhhh.
....and #18 brings so many people to mind. snort.
dare i forward this one, i'm not one who usually does that.
baaaaaa, baaaaa, baaaaaaa
jeanne
--
http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar
real reply is san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz

Old January 13th 04, 06:43 PM
Royce

Thank you!

--
Royce
A day hemmed in prayer is less likely to unravel.

Old January 13th 04, 08:08 PM
Chipper

OH oh!! I thought of one!

Osteoferocious- Victims of this disease are bad to the bone.

chipper

"Royce" wrote in message
Thank you!

Old January 13th 04, 09:01 PM
Diana Curtis

ohhhhhhhhh... bad chipper.. bad, bad chipper..
sit, stay...
Diana

--
Queen of FAQs
Royal Peace Maker

"Chipper" wrote in message
OH oh!! I thought of one!

Osteoferocious- Victims of this disease are bad to the bone.

chipper

"Royce" wrote in message
Thank you!

Old January 13th 04, 11:25 PM
Chipper

Ummm, does this mean I'm coming down with it???
chipper (gleeps!)

"Chipper" wrote in message
OH oh!! I thought of one!

Osteoferocious- Victims of this disease are bad to the bone.

chipper

"Royce" wrote in message
Thank you!

Old January 13th 04, 11:56 PM
Diana Curtis

I am afraid so. What you must do to ward off this terrible degenerative
disease is to hie yourself down to the nearest or bestest LQS and buy
yourself a couple of quilts worth of fabric. You may expect my bill in the
mail.
Diana, not a doctor, but does play one on the NG

--
Queen of FAQs
Royal Peace Maker
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
news

"Chipper" wrote in message
OH oh!! I thought of one!

Osteoferocious- Victims of this disease are bad to the bone.

chipper

"Royce" wrote in message
Thank you!