Crochet injury

Old September 23rd 10, 06:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
King's Crown[_3_]

Default Crochet injury

I've done so much crocheting in the past 2 weeks I've hurt my shoulder. How
the heck does one hurt their shoulder while moving their hands. Ahh nothing
a little ice and motrin won't take care of.

I've also started the Bernat Crochet Along. Having a blast on Ravelry
talking with gals across the globe who are doing the project.

Check out the Bernat blog for details. http://blog.bernat.com/ It just
started if anyone wants to join in.

Lynne

Old September 23rd 10, 06:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Olwyn.Mary

King's Crown wrote:
I've done so much crocheting in the past 2 weeks I've hurt my shoulder.
How the heck does one hurt their shoulder while moving their hands. Ahh
nothing a little ice and motrin won't take care of.

Cue the music!! "The hand bone's connected to the arm bone, the arm
bone's connected to the shoulder bone.............."

If I do a lot of crocheting after having been away from it for a while I
get a major pain in my right elbow.

Hope it clears up/wears off soon.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans
Old September 25th 10, 05:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mirjam

On Sep 23, 7:38*am, "King's Crown" wrote:
I've done so much crocheting in the past 2 weeks I've hurt my shoulder. *How
the heck does one hurt their shoulder while moving their hands. *Ahh nothing
a little ice and motrin won't take care of.

I've also started the Bernat Crochet Along. *Having a blast on Ravelry
talking with gals across the globe who are doing the project.

Check out the Bernat blog for details. *http://blog.bernat.com/*It just
started if anyone wants to join in.

Lynne

Lynne
when doing any craft, always sit properly , and try not to work more
than 3 hours at the same technique/position , after 3 hours take a
break or do some other movements
all the best
mirjam
Old September 25th 10, 05:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mirjam

On Sep 23, 7:38*am, "King's Crown" wrote:
I've done so much crocheting in the past 2 weeks I've hurt my shoulder. *How
the heck does one hurt their shoulder while moving their hands. *Ahh nothing
a little ice and motrin won't take care of.

I've also started the Bernat Crochet Along. *Having a blast on Ravelry
talking with gals across the globe who are doing the project.

Check out the Bernat blog for details. *http://blog.bernat.com/*It just
started if anyone wants to join in.

Lynne

I looked at that site , now the lady crocheting on the top picture ,
is sitting very bad she will have some back pain as well PLEASE Do not
sit like that Lynne ..
mirjam
Old September 27th 10, 12:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
King's Crown[_3_]

"mirjam" wrote in message
On Sep 23, 7:38 am, "King's Crown" wrote:
I've done so much crocheting in the past 2 weeks I've hurt my shoulder.
How
the heck does one hurt their shoulder while moving their hands. Ahh
nothing
a little ice and motrin won't take care of.

I've also started the Bernat Crochet Along. Having a blast on Ravelry
talking with gals across the globe who are doing the project.

Check out the Bernat blog for details. http://blog.bernat.com/ It just
started if anyone wants to join in.

Lynne

Lynne
when doing any craft, always sit properly , and try not to work more
than 3 hours at the same technique/position , after 3 hours take a
break or do some other movements
all the best
mirjam

Thank you for pointing that out. As I figured I was crocheting with my arm
pinned against the couch arm. I make sure my arms are free as quite
obviously the hand bones are connected the shoulder bones. haha

I'll need to remind myself not to do it more than 3 hours at a time.
Usually I don't, but for a football game I did. Next time maybe only
crochet for half a game.

Lynne

Old September 27th 10, 12:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
King's Crown[_3_]

"mirjam" wrote in message
On Sep 23, 7:38 am, "King's Crown" wrote:
I've done so much crocheting in the past 2 weeks I've hurt my shoulder.
How
the heck does one hurt their shoulder while moving their hands. Ahh
nothing
a little ice and motrin won't take care of.

I've also started the Bernat Crochet Along. Having a blast on Ravelry
talking with gals across the globe who are doing the project.

Check out the Bernat blog for details. http://blog.bernat.com/ It just
started if anyone wants to join in.

Lynne

I looked at that site , now the lady crocheting on the top picture ,
is sitting very bad she will have some back pain as well PLEASE Do not
sit like that Lynne ..
mirjam

haha I never paid attention to her and you're right. Her posture is
terrible. Definite pain the back on her way.

Lynne

Old September 27th 10, 04:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mirjam

Lynne
haha I never paid attention to her and you're right. *Her posture is
terrible. *Definite pain the back on her way.

Lynne

i must `admit` i always look at those pictures where people
demonstrate any crafts .... it is amazing , how you can notice if they
are `only` models , or real crafters ,
i once saw a photo where [by mistake i am sure] the picture showed a
lady knitting, the pattern of a crochet pattern ,,,,
thus there is a lot to learn , enjoy from looking at them
mirjam ::::

,

Old October 4th 10, 01:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mirjam

Hallo Lynne
How is the Crochet injury ????
mirjam
Old October 4th 10, 08:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
King's Crown[_3_]

"mirjam" wrote in message
Hallo Lynne
How is the Crochet injury ????
mirjam

Took about 3 days, but went away. I'm very conscience now of how I'm
sitting and if my arms are restrained by say... a couch cushion. Even in
crochet the elbows need to be free I've found. haha

How are you doing? What have you got going right now?

Lynne

Old October 5th 10, 06:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mirjam

Took about 3 days, but went away. *I'm very conscience now of how I'm
sitting and if my arms are restrained by say... a couch cushion. *Even in
crochet the elbows need to be free I've found. *haha

How are you doing? *What have you got going right now?

Lynne

Good Morning Lynne and all .....
I am glad to read that you are better
I have started a shawl which is part knitted part crocheted it is
almost done , [probably today]
and try to resume weaving. i have finished some embroidered art works
as well as `mixed` media.
just now i decided to go through my threads collection [ twice a year
i check to see no unwanted guests settled , and to see /remember what
i have there.] last year`s knitting was all based on materials i had ,
i am trying to finish old threads and stashed up leftovers ,,,,,, the
[self imposed] rule was, do not buy any news wool/ unless i used up
stashed material for a `whole complete` project. and it
worked ....
mirjam