Some new machine covers

Old December 11th 08, 06:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

Default Some new machine covers

I was going nuts recovering from hand surgery and being unable to do
anything creative. Well I finally was able to use my hands for
something. Not the most complex things, but they were needed as the
other ones they replace were getting a little stale for me. The link
takes you to the first of three pictures of some Sewing Machine
covers. Made from some left over quilt squares. I have one more to do
but that will have to wait for another day.

John
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...00692635yoeTGi
Old December 11th 08, 07:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Judie in Penfield NY[_3_]

John wrote:
I was going nuts recovering from hand surgery and being unable to do
anything creative. Well I finally was able to use my hands for
something. Not the most complex things, but they were needed as the
other ones they replace were getting a little stale for me. The link
takes you to the first of three pictures of some Sewing Machine
covers. Made from some left over quilt squares. I have one more to do
but that will have to wait for another day.

John
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...00692635yoeTGi

Glad you're on the mend and aren't slacking off on your creative works.
It's always a pleasure to see what you've been up to.

Judie
Old December 11th 08, 08:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

They're really smart. I love the paisley fabrics on the treadle cover.
..
In message
,
John writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old December 12th 08, 05:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
anthony

Patti wrote:
They're really smart. I love the paisley fabrics on the treadle cover.
This will be a great gift for her. I hope I can whip it up in an

afternoon. Thanks for the idea.

What a great thing to do with unfinished quilt tops. I have some extra
Baltimore album blocks and a sewing buddy who has everything. This will
be great gift for her. Time is short, I hope I can whip it up in an
afternoon. I have an old plastic cover that should make a good pattern.
Thanks for the idea.

Regards,
anthony in Tampa Bay
(to reply privately, replace live dot com with bigfoot dot com)
Old December 12th 08, 12:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Good for you! Very attractive.
I've had hand surgery, not fun at all.
Roberta in D

Old December 12th 08, 01:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

John, I was just thinking . . . (an event that is a little scary) that while
you're healing, you would enjoy traveling around the websites that show
wonderful quilt ideas.
One that I think you'll enjoy is
http://www.windhamfabrics.com/projects/index.shtml
There are some 9-patches there that might call to you. Polly

Old December 12th 08, 02:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

On Dec 12, 8:06*am, "Polly Esther" wrote:
John, I was just thinking . . . (an event that is a little scary) that while
you're healing, you would enjoy traveling around the websites that show
wonderful quilt ideas.
* * One that I think you'll enjoy ishttp://www.windhamfabrics.com/projects/index.shtml
* * There are some 9-patches there that might call to you. *Polly

Thanks Polly. Very inspiring.

John
Old December 13th 08, 12:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carolyn McCarty

What hand surgery? I know I don't get to monitor this group often, but I
can't believe I missed that. Sending good, healing thoughts, prayers, and
the gentlest of hugs. Heal fast, John! You're an inspiration to us all.

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. --Red Green

Old December 13th 08, 01:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

I hope you are doing better and healing well John. Hand surgery
doesn't sound fun at all. Great covers. Nice that you are able
to get back to sewing.
Taria

Old December 13th 08, 02:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

On Dec 12, 7:27*pm, "Carolyn McCarty" wrote:
What hand surgery? *I know I don't get to monitor this group often, but I
can't believe I missed that. *Sending good, healing thoughts, prayers, and
the gentlest of hugs. *Heal fast, John! *You're an inspiration to us all.

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. *--Red Green
If it ain't broke, it ain't mine. *--Carolyn McCarty

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. *--Red Green
If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer. *--Carolyn McCarty

"John" wrote in message

I was going nuts recovering from hand surgery and being unable to do
anything creative. Well I finally was able to use my hands for
something. Not the most complex things, but they were needed as the
other ones they replace were getting a little stale for me. The link
takes you to the first of three pictures of some Sewing Machine
covers. Made from some left over quilt squares. I have one more to do
but that will have to wait for another day.

John
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...00692635yoeTGi

The gory details are that last year, at this time, if you remember, I
suffered a slight injury to two fingers of my left hand during some
machine work, in the basement. It involved my fingernails. The docs
at the time said they might grow back in "funny". Well, after a year
of dealing with "funny" fingernails, I decided to deal with them.
Hence the outpatient surgery, and he resulting wrap of gauze which
renders the fingers unusable for anything other than giving the peace
sign. After having tried that approach during the 1960's, I finding
that it is as ineffectual now as it was back then, I bide my time
until I have the stitches removed, and return once more to the
forefront of creative quilting, (well, my idea of that). So there you
have the sad tale of somebody who should have known better than to
come too close to a table saw. As they say, experience,is a great
teacher. I couldn't believe that 45 years of injury free machine usage
should not remain a constant. And so it goes.

John

Altoid Tin Covers Kate G.[_2_] Quilting 17 February 28th 08 05:04 PM
pillow covers Mary Quilting 4 October 26th 07 09:31 PM
button covers linda Sewing 0 June 28th 07 10:38 PM
SOFA COVERS awerty Marketplace 0 February 17th 07 01:24 PM
Crimp covers Lee S. Billings Beads 5 July 29th 05 12:57 AM