Please - White (or Plainum) or yellow gold looks best on black female????.

Old April 25th 06, 02:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry

Default Please - White (or Plainum) or yellow gold looks best on black female????.

Am buying a diamond ring about $2000 surprise gift for my black
girlfriend. Ring is one center diamond .5 ct and .5 ct total three
smaller diamonds each side of center .

What color of metal would look best??

Thanks!

Old April 26th 06, 02:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry

Jim Beam wrote:
Am buying a diamond ring about $2000 surprise gift for my black
girlfriend. Ring is one center diamond .5 ct and .5 ct total three
smaller diamonds each side of center .

What color of metal would look best??

If she's particularly dark, 22k yellow or 24k can look really rich. The
stone will look better in a white or platinum head.

What color jewelry does she usually wear? get that.

- C

Old April 26th 06, 02:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry

On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 01:28:41 GMT, Jim Beam
wrote:

Am buying a diamond ring about $2000 surprise gift for my black
girlfriend. Ring is one center diamond .5 ct and .5 ct total three
smaller diamonds each side of center .

What color of metal would look best??

Black women, like white, pink, yellow, purple, and green women, are of
wide variations of skin color. Look at the color of jewelry she's
already wearing.
--
Marilee J. Layman
http://mjlayman.livejournal.com/

Old April 26th 06, 05:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 18:28:40 -0700, in rec.crafts.jewelry Jim Beam
wrote:

Am buying a diamond ring about $2000 surprise gift for my black
girlfriend. Ring is one center diamond .5 ct and .5 ct total three
smaller diamonds each side of center .

What color of metal would look best??

Thanks!

jb,

If you reply to me via email, with a valid return email address (which will be
kept confidential, of course), I'll be able to forward to you a useful "off
list" reply to your question.

Peter Rowe
moderator
rec.crafts.jewelry
Old April 26th 06, 08:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry

Jim Beam wrote:
Am buying a diamond ring about $2000 surprise gift for my black
girlfriend. Ring is one center diamond .5 ct and .5 ct total three
smaller diamonds each side of center .

What color of metal would look best??

Thanks!

Hmmm,

I'm not going near that one with a 10 foot pole.

--
Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com

Old April 27th 06, 06:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 07:30:01 GMT, Abrasha wrote:

Jim Beam wrote:
Am buying a diamond ring about $2000 surprise gift for my black
girlfriend. Ring is one center diamond .5 ct and .5 ct total three
smaller diamonds each side of center .

What color of metal would look best??

Thanks!

Hmmm,

I'm not going near that one with a 10 foot pole.

A 10-foot Pole would have her own preferences, too.

Old April 27th 06, 04:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry

Jim Beam wrote:
Am buying a diamond ring about $2000 surprise gift for my black
girlfriend. Ring is one center diamond .5 ct and .5 ct total three
smaller diamonds each side of center .

What color of metal would look best??

Thanks!

Hmmm,

I'm not going near that one with a 10 foot pole.

A 10-foot Pole would have her own preferences, too.

Well then. Ask two 5 foot Hungarians. Surely a consensus might be reached
from the three.

--

Don Thompson

There is nothing more frightening than active ignorance.
~Goethe

It is a worthy thing to fight for one's freedom;
it is another sight finer to fight for another man's.
~Mark Twain