06...07 BOM newbie

Old May 31st 06, 09:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default 06...07 BOM newbie

I have just come back to this newsgroup after ages away.

Saw the BOM for the coming year, copied all I needed to know but I have a
Q..?
Do I have to join or can I just do the blocks as they are posted ? Have
April, May and June to catch up on first.
Are the blocks posted "here" in the group or is there a web site I have to
go to ?

Charlotte

Old May 31st 06, 09:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

On Wed, 31 May 2006 20:13:38 GMT, "Charlie"
wrote:

I have just come back to this newsgroup after ages away.

Saw the BOM for the coming year, copied all I needed to know but I have a
Q..?
Do I have to join or can I just do the blocks as they are posted ? Have
April, May and June to catch up on first.
Are the blocks posted "here" in the group or is there a web site I have to
go to ?

Charlotte

The decision to make the blocks was all you needed to do to join us.
You make the blocks for yourself, then combine them into a quilt top
just for yourself. Links to the online block patterns are posted
around the first of each month, and all previous months pattern links
are included in each post. There are three different types of blocks
each month: pieced, paper pieced, and applique. You can do one type
or all of them.

Do you need a copy of the June post? I can send it to you if you need
it.

Debra in VA, doing the applique blocks!
Debra in VA
See my quilts at
Old May 31st 06, 09:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Thanks Debra!

Also, Charlotte, when you are finished with a block and want to share
it, take a picture and post it on your website or somehow manage to get
it to Teri to post it in the gallery. You can find the gallery at:
http://gallery.ppwp.com/gallery/RCTQ-2006-2007-BOM if you need a touch
of inspiration!

Welcome to the group!
Dannielle

Old May 31st 06, 09:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Hi Charlotte,
can't wait to see your blocks once you start working on them.
I am hosting the gallery & would love to include your blocks with all the
others.
You can e-mail a picture of each one (head-on) at or send
me a link of where you will have them posted.
good luck!
Teri

--
Terbear~Curator of the HUG Gallery~
http://gallery.ppwp.com/gallery/HUGS

Teri's quilts~
http://gallery.ppwp.com/gallery/Tquilts

Old May 31st 06, 11:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Hi Debra, yes please send them to me. Take them head on (I put mine on the
ground & point the camera face down). I can crop & resize with no problem.
Can't wait to see yours!
hugs,
Teri

--

"Debra" wrote in message
"Terbear" wrote:

You can e-mail a picture of each one (head-on) at or send
me a link of where you will have them posted.
good luck!
Teri

Hey Teri, can I send you my pix? I can't upload to webshots yet but I
can scan the blocks and send to you in e-mail as .jpg attachments.
I've got three blocks and I just scanned them. Do you re-size, or do
you need them sent in a specific size?
Debra in VA
See my quilts at

Old June 1st 06, 02:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

On Wed, 31 May 2006 15:17:12 -0700, "Terbear"
wrote:

Hi Debra, yes please send them to me. Take them head on (I put mine on the
ground & point the camera face down). I can crop & resize with no problem.
Can't wait to see yours!
hugs,
Teri

Thanks for putting them online Teri. I just e-mailed some scans of
the blocks. I didn't even take the time to press the blocks first.

Debra in VA
See my quilts at
Old June 1st 06, 02:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

On 31 May 2006, "Dannielle" wrote:

Thanks Debra!

You're welcome, Dannielle.
Debra in VA
See my quilts at
Old June 1st 06, 05:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Good to see you back!
Obviously you need to send a FQ to every other person doing the BOM to join.
(And I hope the rest of you all support me on this!)
Roberta in D

Old June 1st 06, 07:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Howdy!
I support you on this, Roberta
(and I'm not even in the BOM game). G

Welcome back, Charlotte!
p.s. if you had my addy before you can still use it... VBG

Ragmop/Sandy

On 6/1/06 11:48 AM, in article , "Roberta Zollner"
wrote:

Good to see you back!
Obviously you need to send a FQ to every other person doing the BOM to join.
(And I hope the rest of you all support me on this!)
Roberta in D

"Charlie" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I have just come back to this newsgroup after ages away.

Saw the BOM for the coming year, copied all I needed to know but I have a
Q..?
Do I have to join or can I just do the blocks as they are posted ? Have
April, May and June to catch up on first.
Are the blocks posted "here" in the group or is there a web site I have
to go to ?

Charlotte

newbie question - quilting costs Kay Ahr Quilting 16 February 14th 06 12:58 PM
newbie with a tatting question FtForger Yarn 6 July 1st 04 06:18 PM
newbie needs help on simple question Beowulf Pottery 13 March 18th 04 11:54 PM
newbie hugs Musicmaker Quilting 3 March 13th 04 08:15 PM
stupid newbie question on kiln firing Beowulf Pottery 10 December 18th 03 03:32 AM