OTOTOTOT - Folgers Coffee

Old October 3rd 05, 04:58 PM
Pat in Virginia

A few years ago, quite a few people in that area (Gulf Coats
Mississippi) lost their jobs at Folger's because Folger's
switched from the metal cans to the plastic cans. IOW, the cost
savings to Folger's was at the expense of some long term
employees. I wonder how much assistance they are now giving the
former employees who were never able to find a new job. Just an
observation.
PAT in VA/USA

Jan wrote:
http://www.folgers.com/folgers_relief/index.shtml

Jan :-)

Old October 3rd 05, 06:36 PM
SNIGDIBBLY

Progress stinks sometimes. Computers have eliminated thousands of jobs for
the state of Arkansas employees. They are now talking about doing food
stamp interviews by computer. The applicant will just walk in and sit down
and click on yes or no answers and approvals and denial letters get printed
out on the spot. Now who are they going to argue with & blame when they
only have a machine to talk to??? LOL!!

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \

Old October 4th 05, 01:51 PM
me

SNIGDIBBLY wrote:
Progress stinks sometimes. Computers have eliminated thousands of jobs for
the state of Arkansas employees. They are now talking about doing food
stamp interviews by computer. The applicant will just walk in and sit down
and click on yes or no answers and approvals and denial letters get printed
out on the spot. Now who are they going to argue with & blame when they
only have a machine to talk to??? LOL!!

They'll probably get more satisfaction from a computer. I've never
applied for food stamps, but I did receive survivor's benefits as a
young adult going to college and I can tell you, I would have preferred
dealing with a machine than the lame brane who was cutting out paper
dolls while mismarking my paperwork.

Old October 4th 05, 11:44 PM
SNIGDIBBLY

Oh - that was a federal lame brain. The state lame brains are more educated
and much smarter.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \

Old October 11th 05, 01:50 PM
Maureen Wozniak

On Tue, 4 Oct 2005 17:44:53 -0500, SNIGDIBBLY wrote
(in article rBD0f.142$%42.114@okepread06):

Oh - that was a federal lame brain. The state lame brains are more educated
and much smarter.

Well, as one of those state lame brains, I appreciate it.

Maureen, who is not kidding, State employee for 10 years in December.

Old October 11th 05, 09:02 PM
Kate T.

Well ladies the sad news about Folgers Coffee, the plant that is. It
is situated on Gentilly Blvd on the east side of New Orleans. I know
you have all watched the news on CNN and heard about all the flooding
of the 9th ward. Guess where the plant is. I worked across the street
from the plant for 10 years.

I was in contact with some of my former co-workers and they still can
not go back to work because of all the black mold and mildew. One lady
I worked with lived about a half mile west of the Folgers plant and her
2 story home was completely under water.

So unless they have another plant that makes you favorite coffee,
you'll just have to get used to Maxwell House.

Oh, Miss Polly I have two 39 ounce cans stored in my cupboard if you
get in a real fix for Folgers.

Kate T.

Old October 12th 05, 01:02 AM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

Ditto. State worker for NH.
--
LN in NH (Who has been beading more than quilting in the last 2 years)

"Maureen Wozniak" wrote in message
lobal.net...
On Tue, 4 Oct 2005 17:44:53 -0500, SNIGDIBBLY wrote
(in article rBD0f.142$%42.114@okepread06):

Oh - that was a federal lame brain. The state lame brains are more
educated
and much smarter.

Well, as one of those state lame brains, I appreciate it.

Maureen, who is not kidding, State employee for 10 years in December.

Fun news-Kona Coffee quilt contest Terbear Quilting 11 August 7th 05 11:59 PM
OT a mayo jar and 2 cups of coffee :) Roberta Quilting 5 June 20th 05 01:47 PM
OT Portable Coffee Maker Carey N. Quilting 9 May 18th 05 02:03 PM
Sunday Coffee Gwendoline Kelly Yarn 42 November 23rd 04 04:18 AM
Sunday Coffee Gwendoline Kelly Yarn 0 November 21st 04 09:26 AM