? on pasta machine assembly..

Old June 27th 05, 06:38 AM
Calliope

Default ? on pasta machine assembly..

hi all,

After doing some browsing on glass attic, I decided to take my Atlas pasta
machine
apart and clean it, since I had not used it in a long time. All went well,
but I have a dopey question! I assume that the sharp edges of the
blades should be set so they are both under the 'center' of the rollers,
i.e. the sharp edge points inward on both.
Is that correct?

Thanks!

Calliope

ps I wish I had been sitting in front of the computer when I did this, since
I managed to cut my thumb on one of the
blades before I realized how sharp they were! Not as bad as when I cut a
finger on each hand on a tissue blade but
it still stung!

Old June 27th 05, 03:47 PM
PenguinTrax

Calliope,

Check out this site - has great pics of the teardown and reassembly.

Barbara

Old June 28th 05, 12:36 AM
Calliope

I didn't see one.

I looked at all of the sites linked on glass attic. It just that the
reassembly photos on two of them looked slightly different, in terms of
the blade part. (I had taken it apart w/o looking at a website.) My question
is just whether the sharp side of both blades is supposed to be
facing the inside of the machine, like a mirror image of each other!

Thanks!
oups.com...

Old June 28th 05, 01:52 AM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

I did post a link - I wonder why it was stripped out.

Here it is again:

http://www.desiredcreations.com/howT...AtlasMaint.htm

----------
Barbara
www.penguintrax.com

eBay & Justbeadsenguintrax

0
/O\

Nurturing doesn't end at birth: breastfeed, co-sleep, babywear.

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness.
(Dave Barry)

Need quality, inexpensive web hosting? Check out http://www.lyonshost.com. Shopping carts, blogs, image galleries, content management and more!
Old June 28th 05, 09:14 AM
Calliope

in part because it looks different that the one on
http://www.sculpey.com/sculpey301.htm

I reassembled the thing, and it is working, but I cannot tell whether I put
the scrappers back in correctly.
My question is whether the sharp edge of each scrapper is supposed to face
inward to the center of the machine, or if one of them is supposed to face
outward. It looks to me that on the page above the scraper for the wheel
with the larger roller end is facing inwards towards the middle of the
machine.
On the link you provided, it looks like it is supposed to face outwards for
the same roller.

Thanks for the help!

Calliope

Old June 28th 05, 03:25 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Sorry, Calliope.

Try posting over at the polymerclaycentral.com forums...or check their
archive to see if they have better pics. I think on my machine (still
packed away), the blades are both facing the roller.

----------

Old June 28th 05, 03:49 PM

Calliope,

The first time I cleaned my pasta machine I thought I broke it because
I put it back together wrong. The sharp edges do point towards the
center and fit snug up against the roller - that's what forces the clay
away from the roller and down the slot in the center. If you put the
scrapers on backwards the clay doesn't release from the roller but goes
right past the scraper and into the machine (what a mess!).

Laura Campbell
(new to the group and loving all the information here!)

Old June 29th 05, 12:44 AM
Calliope

Thanks, Laura..

That was how I assembled it, and since it is working, I guess that I did it
right.

Thanks for all of the responses!

Calliope

Old June 29th 05, 08:22 AM
Polly S.

Barbara Forbes-Lyons wrote:
Sorry, Calliope.

Try posting over at the polymerclaycentral.com forums...or check their
archive to see if they have better pics. I think on my machine (still
packed away), the blades are both facing the roller.

On mine they are facing the rollers as well!

--
Polly
--

FAQ, QOM, QuiltPro questions. Betsy Ross Quilting 9 March 23rd 05 05:39 PM
Sewing Machine FAQ Diana Curtis Quilting 0 September 1st 04 02:30 PM
FAQs for June Diana Curtis Quilting 14 June 5th 04 10:53 AM
Cheap Pasta Machine Drop50 Polymer Clay 0 March 11th 04 02:55 PM
Atlas 150 Pasta Machine Instruction Book Kimma Rock Polymer Clay 2 January 6th 04 05:31 PM