Bernina Aurora 440QE

Old February 4th 05, 07:31 PM
sunrize

Default Bernina Aurora 440QE

On Fon's & Porter's Love of Quilting Show, I saw Faith Reynolds
demostrate the new Berina Aurora 440QE that will be available sometime
in March for purchase.

My question is, has anyone heard pros and cons about the machine? This
machine has a stitch regulator and I understand I can have the
embroidery module addded on (since I use my current embroidery machine
to quilt with). I use both quite a bit. I am excited about this and it
maybe time to upgrade from my Janome Memorycraft 9000.

Let me know what you have heard about these machines.

Thanks in advance
Teresa from Michigan

Old February 4th 05, 08:30 PM
taria

There is info on the Bernina web page. Why oh why don't they
offer and extended harp on the thing? The stitch regulator sounds
pretty neat. I'd like to hear more too.
Taria

sunrize wrote:
On Fon's & Porter's Love of Quilting Show, I saw Faith Reynolds
demostrate the new Berina Aurora 440QE that will be available sometime
in March for purchase.

My question is, has anyone heard pros and cons about the machine? This
machine has a stitch regulator and I understand I can have the
embroidery module addded on (since I use my current embroidery machine
to quilt with). I use both quite a bit. I am excited about this and it
maybe time to upgrade from my Janome Memorycraft 9000.

Let me know what you have heard about these machines.

Thanks in advance
Teresa from Michigan

News==----
http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 100,000
Newsgroups

Old February 4th 05, 08:57 PM
nana2b

I saw this machine at the HOuston Show. While nice to have a SR, i didn;t
think yiu would gain too much of anything besides that. You will still have
to wrestle with a quilt for FM quilting. The throat did not seem any bigger.
JMHO, Linda in Tx

Old February 4th 05, 11:00 PM
Sandy Foster

In article , sunrize
wrote:

On Fon's & Porter's Love of Quilting Show, I saw Faith Reynolds
demostrate the new Berina Aurora 440QE that will be available sometime
in March for purchase.

My question is, has anyone heard pros and cons about the machine? This
machine has a stitch regulator and I understand I can have the
embroidery module addded on (since I use my current embroidery machine
to quilt with). I use both quite a bit. I am excited about this and it
maybe time to upgrade from my Janome Memorycraft 9000.

Let me know what you have heard about these machines.

Some of the Bernina mail lists are buzzing like crazy. The general
consensus is that the machines (there are four new ones) are wonderful
but pricey. I'm drooling over the idea of the stitch regulator! G
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old February 4th 05, 11:20 PM
Rhonda Alterson

I am not Bernina savvy - will this machine replace the Artista or will that
still be the top of the line? And what on earth do Berninas COST? I can't
get a price anywhere which of course tells me it is really really expensive.
LOL.

Rhonda in IL, USA

Old February 5th 05, 12:55 AM
Elizabeth Young

Gosh, I don't know.
6 - 7 thousand (US) for a top of the line?
Anyone?

liz young in overcast california

Old February 5th 05, 02:01 AM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
"Rhonda Alterson" wrote:

I am not Bernina savvy - will this machine replace the Artista or will that
still be the top of the line? And what on earth do Berninas COST? I can't
get a price anywhere which of course tells me it is really really expensive.
LOL.

I wish I could answer your questions, Rhonda, but I don't know!

Old February 5th 05, 03:01 AM
SEBass

I test drove this machine at the Quilt Festival last fall. It's pretty
cool. The Aurora is not the new TOL machine. I honestly cannot remember
what the prices were. I am considering this without the embroidery unit
since I already have a nice emb. machine. It might be pretty nice to use
with one of the small quilt frames. Looking forward to hearing more once
the machine hits the street.

Suzanne
Houston, Texas
take out the 55 to reply

Old February 5th 05, 04:31 AM
Donna

Hi Rhonda,
I have the Artista 200 and really love it!! I had the 180 and this one is
much more user friendly!! If i remember correctly it cost somewhere in the
ballpark of $7000. But I told DH that of course I'm worth every penny. LOL

--
Donna in NE La.

Old February 5th 05, 09:59 PM
Becky

My LQS says the SRP without the embroidery module will be $3499, and they
will have if for $2499 through the month of February. Bernina will actually
start shipping to them sometime in March, and they need to get you on a list
"right now" if you want your machine to be in that first shipping. they
expect a back order list for some time after that.

Becky