Christmas Cards

Old October 31st 03, 08:44 PM
Helen

This newsgroup is wonderful. I am sending Big pink hugs back to you all
with BIG thanks for all your prayers. We just got home from the doctor's
office. He gave us the pathology report...NO traces of cancer in my
lymph nodes and clean edges around the mass in the breast tissue. He
said I might have to take Tamoxifin or the new drug that was just
recently approved, but he'll send me to an oncologist after my surgery
is completely healed to discuss that.

A gazillion pink thank yous!
Helen
P. S. Look out dining room table, I'm going to be a stamping fool on
Sunday!!!!!

Old October 31st 03, 09:28 PM
Gina Bull

Helen wrote:
P. S. Look out dining room table, I'm going to be a stamping fool on
Sunday!!!!!

Helen

Recovery will mean you get tired doing things you think *shouldn't* make
you tired, like sitting at the table stamping. You can plan ahead for it
by getting out your old stamping magazines and a pad of yellow stickies.
Put them beside your favorite comfy chair or the couch. When you start
to feel a bit tired at the table, don't fight it. Just go get comfy with
your old magazines. When you see something that inspires you, put a
yellow stickie on it -- maybe include a note to yourself. That way
you're resting but still stamping -- you're getting ideas. :-)

Be patient with yourself. Best of luck.
Gina
Aneurysm/stroke survivor who loves to stamp!

Old November 1st 03, 01:48 AM
Ddborger

Allright! I'm so glad you got good news! Have fun stamping!

~Donna~
SAHM Val Gal 17, Wendy Woo 14, Seany 10
6 years of Stamping Bliss
Old November 1st 03, 08:28 PM
Helen

Hi Gina. How did you get so smart? What a wonderful idea! I overwhelmed
myself this morning by putting some things on the table and then trying
to decide what to do. It's obvious that I am still not quite ready, but
your idea about the sticky notes is wonderful and that's what I'm going
to do after I take a nap. Thanks so much for the helpful hint. Helen

Old November 4th 03, 07:49 PM
Vampkel

hi, i'm new to this newsgroup so thought i'd post my response to this. i
started on my xmas cards sunday nite! i'm going to be using a stampin' up set
(the xmas tree from nice and narrow). but for right now i've just cut some of
the paper i'll be using, and used a corner punch to make notches on silver
paper. its going to be a long process, but i'm excited. this will be the
first xmas cards i've made! woo hoo!!
--kel

"A new dress doesn't get you anywhere; its the life you're living in the
dress."
--Diana Vreeland
Old November 7th 03, 10:28 PM
juliasb(nospam)

I'm just getting started. I use to start them a couple months in
advance, over the last several years I have done 'marathon' card making
techniques. I plan my days out so that I have everything at a hands
glance and then begin. Nothing gets in the way once I start. I make
several different compositions so that I can give the right cards to the
right people and I love to do a variety of cards. I usually make about
100 Christmas cards and other holiday greeting cards.
juliasb

Cecelia Medbery wrote:

Are any of y'all finished making your Christmas cards? I thought I was
ahead when I started mine in July, but have put them on the back burner so
many times that now I'm behind! Yikes!!! I'm using a retired Stampin' Up
set called "Curly Christmas". Not all are the same as that would make me
crazy, but I also don't make them all different because I can't think up
that many ideas. I am making about 20-25 of each design. This also helps
by allowing me to use up paper I have instead of buying all the same colors.

Cecelia

--

Conductor of the Squish-mobile

....come and journey with me...
from darkness into New Life

http://globnet.com/~flair/

Old November 15th 03, 12:25 PM
Warren & Char

Connie K--I'm so glad to hear everything went well! My mother-in-law lost
her breast as well to Cancer. She was always in good spirits, I think that
really helped her get through everything--the good and the bad!

The Christmas cards--yes, I've started mine too! It's one of my weekend
projects. Keeps my mind occupied and out of trouble! :-)

Happy Stampin!

"Sukieqq" wrote in message
started mine I am using the peace stamp from stampzone Had to stop while

made my Samhain invites but back to yule cards now
sukie

Old December 14th 03, 01:25 AM
cowchipper

I made all my christams cards this year. They can be seen at
http://community.webshots.com/user/cowchipper .... let me know what you
think.

Cowchipper
..

Old December 15th 03, 06:19 PM
Vampkel

I made all my christams cards this year. They can be seen at
http://community.webshots.com/user/cowchipper .... let me know what you
think.

wow! did u make a different card for each person? i mass produced 80 cards
this year...i'm soooo glad to be done!