Visit with Miriam

Old May 9th 07, 12:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Arlene

Default Visit with Miriam

Its been a while since we were in Israel (Oct.)but better late than never.

We had the pleasure of visiting with Mirjam and her husband. We first
met them at the Seam Gallery in Megidim as some of Mirjam's works were
there. Then we followed their car to Haifa. Mirjam showed me some of
her art works and explained them. It was very interesting to have them
explained.

We saw her bomb shelter. It is a basic concrete bunker. We found out
later that most Israeli dwellings have some kind of a shelter. The
newer places have a safe room.

We then have a very delicious vegetarian lunch, made and served by
Mirjam. Mirjam mentioned a national spice that is za'hatar. We bought
some to bring home and share.

It was wonderful being able to place the face to someone who you read
about nearly every day. Her hospitality to someone she has never met
before was excellent.

Arlene Taranto
Old May 9th 07, 01:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Arlene

YarnWright wrote:
arlene spun a FINE 'yarn':

[...]

---

arlene. . .
Thank you for sharing your visit with Mirjam. How incredibly wonderful that
you've gotten to meet the dear lady, whom I would love to someday meet also.
Noreen

Thank you Noreen,

We have a couple of pictures, but they will have to be for another day,
as the newsgroup won't allow pictures.

Arlene
Old May 9th 07, 04:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Thank you Arlene !!!
I am blushing because of your writing , We enjoyed meeting you both
very much. And you are welcome here whenever you are in the
neighbourhood [ the whole mediterenean !!!!]
mirjam

Old May 9th 07, 07:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Magie Noire

Hi Mirjam yekaraty
may I come too????? ;o))
Sofia (I'm back)

Old May 9th 07, 09:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

OF course Quarida you may come , you must come ,
WELCOME back !!!!
mirjam

Old May 10th 07, 05:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On May 8, 7:38 pm, arlene wrote:
[...]

That doesn't surprise me one bit. Crafters are generally the nicest
people, and I know from my sister that Mirjam is terrific. But you
must tell me more about the spice. I love spices! A friend gave
me some Indonesian spice last week, and it is yummy. We use
it to make Bami Goring, which is a rice dish.

Higs,
Katherine

Old May 10th 07, 05:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On May 9, 2:57 pm, "Magie Noire" wrote:
Hi Mirjam yekaraty
may I come too????? ;o))
Sofia (I'm back)

Welcome back, Sofia!

Higs,
Katherine

Old May 10th 07, 06:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Magie Noire

Hi dear Mirjam, thank you, wow, what a great welcoming...
I promise my next trip will be to Haifa, not during the Summer, of course
or I'd be dead, but as soon as it becomes fresher. Because I'll adapt to
anything except to heat ;o))) Prepare the coffee, or tea or whatever you
feel like.....
Have a great day.....
Sofia

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" a écrit dans le message de news:

OF course Querida you may come , you must come ,
WELCOME back !!!!
mirjam

Hi Mirjam yekaraty
may I come too????? ;o))
Sofia (I'm back)

Old May 10th 07, 07:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Magie Noire

Hi Katherine, long time no see, how are you?
Thank you, it's good to be back....
Peace to you
Sofia

Old May 11th 07, 07:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Magie Noire

Thank you Noreen
It feels good to be back! ;o)
Sofia D

"YarnWright" a écrit dans le message de news:
Sofia!

Katherine spun a FINE 'yarn':

Welcome back, Sofia!

Higs,
Katherine

end quoted

Katherine. . .I am piggybacking on your post to also welcome Sofia back!

Welcome BACK, Sofia!

Hugs,
Noreen

--
http://www.lulu.com/yarnwright
http://yarnwright.etsy.com

Ot please visit Mirjam Bruck-Cohen Yarn 9 April 28th 07 02:10 PM
Miriam Haskell article in B&B [email protected] Beads 2 July 20th 04 05:27 AM
To Miriam: Knit this fry-up! Anna Yarn 3 January 25th 04 03:25 PM
Here you go, Miriam...knit this fry-up! Anna Needlework 1 January 25th 04 04:55 AM
US visit. ESTELLE GALLAGHER Quilting 14 January 16th 04 10:04 PM