Sunday 5/6

Old May 6th 07, 05:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
WoolyGooly

Default Sunday 5/6

Monster Fake Faeroese is finished, except for ends and a photo op.
Weather has been crummy (gray, overcast, humid as hell) so I'm not in
a hurry to darn in ends and sweat in a shawl big enough to use as a
4-person tent while my husband fumbles around with the camera.

Started a new cardigan for me. Seed stitch all the way which I find
strangely soothing after endless miles of garter stitch. I guess the
need to switch from knit to purl is enough to keep me interested and
thus unbored. I have the body and both fronts done, I started the
back last night. I'm planning saddle shoulders with a cable of some
sort that runs from neckline to cuff - maybe a different cable on each
sleeve. I was going to use a centered double decrease on the
underside of the sleeves for shaping, if I throw in a cable I can
sneak in the decreases on the tops of the sleeves and they'll fit
better

I've been doing proof-of-concept swatching for a beaded lace shawl,
the going is slow but the results are good. This will be a "work on
it only during daylight hours when small boy is at school and the man
is occupied elsewhere" sort of project so don't look for photos
anytime soon!

Spinning is on hold again. I've been in a knitting mood for several
months, no end in sight I guess.

I have some new green coffee asking to be roasted, after I finish my
indoor chores I'll be coating myself in bug spray and minding the
roaster out in the humidity for a while...
Old May 7th 07, 03:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

WoolyGooly wrote:
[...]

It sounds delicious Wooly, I love coffee.

Hope you have a great day outside.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail
Old May 7th 07, 08:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"WoolyGooly" wrote in message

I have some new green coffee asking to be roasted, after I finish my
indoor chores I'll be coating myself in bug spray and minding the
roaster out in the humidity for a while...

Hey Wooly,
What kinds of bugs do you have there that need the spray? Our worst are
mosquitoes, particularly the ones that bring West Nile.

Shelagh

Old May 7th 07, 08:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
WoolyGooly

I've got skeetas the size of Kennedy half dollars that raise welts as
big as my thumb. No reported WN in my area (a couple of cases of it
in horses half an hour east but that was three years ago) but I
dislike itching and being unable to scratch! We do have ticks, the
DEET-based bug spray I use fends them off.

I have been very conscientious about putting down Amdro for fireants.
The rain we've had during hte past 6-8 weeks has really woken up the
little buggers. I sprinkle my lawn twice a week and I've been
harassing my neighbors to do the same. There's no way fireants will
ever be eradicated, but we can keep them under control if we keep
after them with the Amdro.

Now if I could just find something to keep the wood roaches out of the
house...

Sunday, rainy Sunday Shillelagh Yarn 5 September 20th 06 10:49 PM
May &th SUNDAY , again ,,,,,, Carol in TN Yarn 14 May 12th 06 02:45 AM
It's Sunday.... MRH Yarn 12 November 23rd 05 05:20 PM
OT Sunday again Aud Yarn 29 October 5th 05 10:56 PM
SUNDAY fun Day Cher Yarn 7 May 16th 05 07:57 AM