The Place Mat Incident

Old October 20th 04, 12:44 AM
Debbie B

Default The Place Mat Incident

Wow. I missed that one. I think that will be a gift to my sisters &
myself. (there are 4 of us plus my Mom)

--
Debbie (New Mexico)
My Crafts: http://home.earthlink.net/~debbierhcb/
"Kathy N-V" wrote in message
. giganews.com...
Shirely, you did miss a little story, but not a fun one.

The "Place Mat Incident" referred to the trip to the gynocologist,
where instead of a johnny, the nurse told me to undress and wrap
myself in "the drape." The only problem was that said drape was
about the size of a place mat and barely covered my privates, much
less anything else.

I was freezing to death in a room for a half hour, wearing a piece of
paper towel and nothing else. It's hard to shake hands in a
dignified manner when clutching a piece of paper over your 'nads, and
your boobs swinging free in the wind. I couldn't believe that this
was their usual practice: most places give you a johnny or robe or
somethng.

On the advice of the wonderful folks here, I got a two yard piece of
polarfleece for all future doctor visits. Joann's fabric had some
colors half price: I got a 59" x 72" piece for $6.99. It's
charcoal, but I don't really care. It will keep me decently covered
and warm. If I get tired of the charcoal, I'll applique some colors
onto it in a cheery fashion. It's going into my "appointment bag,"
along with a book, a notepad and a pen.

Kathy N-V

Old October 20th 04, 12:45 AM
starlia

I'm sitting here stunned. I can't believe that they only gave you something
that small to wear in a very personal meeting with a doc. I hate those
appointments but I think I would have walked on that one. There is no way I
would feel comfortable enough to put my feet in stirrups and show all my
glory. Nuh uh.

I'm glad you got your fleece but I still feel you shouldn't have to use
that. I have bought quite a bit of the cutesy fleece for Trinkett to use as
blankets around the house and they are life savers for her.

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

Old October 20th 04, 02:07 AM
Arleen

I'm goin' to Joann's in the morning...I must have a fleece for my next
appointment in hell...I mean at the doctor's office. Too bad you had to
suffer that indignity, but not anymore! Good plan Kathy, I too shall have an
appointment bag with a nice warm fleecy wrap.
Arleen

Old October 20th 04, 02:25 AM
Beadbimbo

What a great idea!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old October 20th 04, 03:32 AM
Cheryl

Hmm

I bought a wonderful fleece throw at TARGET in July - while I was in Columbus
for the bar exam.

Had absolutely NO use for it- but loved the colors (wonderful purples, pinks
etc)

now I KNOW why I bought it....
it's going to the DR office with me for my
annual check up!!!!

Thanks for the brilliant idea--
now why in hell haven't we women thought of taking our own warm blanket to
those damned visits???

bet it will freak them out -- me covered up in my brightly covered blankie !
LOL

Cheryl
DRAGON BEADS
Flameworked beads and glass
http://www.dragonbeads.com/

Old October 20th 04, 04:38 AM
Scott

I always did feel that gynecologist were a little bit fishy. Sorry you had
to go through all that. I found some nice Placemats.
http://www.shopsontheweb.com/placemats/placemats.htm .

I hope everyone is doing well.

Scott in Houston

Old October 21st 04, 12:09 AM
Sjpolyclay

Thanks for the brilliant idea--
now why in hell haven't we women thought of taking our own warm blanket to
those damned visits???

Cheryl, I absolutely hate to say that I think its 'cause nobody ever told us we
could. That's so sad!!!!
Sarajane

Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
http://www.polyclay.com