OT

Old January 8th 07, 06:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Tricia

Default OT

..

Old January 8th 07, 06:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Laurie G.

All righty, then!

"Tricia" wrote in message
ups.com...
.

Old January 8th 07, 06:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

I must say I would have to agree with the subject line on this one! LOL

Karen, Queen of Squishies
-----
www.PlayPianoNow.info

Old January 8th 07, 07:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*

okie dokie, Tricia.
i'm guessing the rest is in your next post?
i guess we can but wait and see, eh. )
cheers,
jeanne
--
Vote B'fly for President '08
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz

"Tricia" wrote...
.

Old January 8th 07, 07:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jessamy

it *was* short and to the point

--
Jessamy ohhhh a PUN!! hehehe)
Queen of Chocolate Squishies (and Occasional Liquorice Ones)

Old January 22nd 07, 05:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Tricia

Smart@$$!

Sorry folks -- that message wasn't actually supposed to go
through...was gonna write a rambling thing about how off topic my life
has been lately and then changed my mind when words weren't coming and
must have hit a wrong button....ooopsie....

well...words still aren't readily coming but somethings I can fill in
on a

Got hired to work at the local library -- rather out of the blue, but
I'm thankful for it. It's not a circulation desk job (Which is what I
had interviewed for in the summer -- ya know, before the whole let's
makeover Tricia thing) but is working 10 hours in administration and 4
hours at the Children's room desk -- the cool thing about the last part
of that is when my immediate supervisor in Children's doesn't have
anything for me to do with my time at the desk, I get paid to do what I
have been doing as a volunteer for over 1.5 years =) I enjoy working
with both my immediate supervisors and the pay rate is $2 more/hr than
the fabric store because as I was told, the library director considers
me "worth more than minimum wage". I'm still workign the fabric store
somewhat -- about 2 weeks ago, all of a sudden I wasn't on the schedule
for the fabric store -- no talking to me about it, etc. I just wasn't
on the schedule. That, thankfully, was the week they asked me to start
working at the library so at least I didn't have a financial panic.
I've since been called in to work on two Saturdays at the fabric store
(not a problem really, although I'd have rather slept this past one but
hey *shrug*) I'm completely taking this week off of the fabric store
(simply told her I wasn't available -- she didn't have me on the
schedule anyway, as I pointed out to her) -- DH had a doctor appt
today, I'm subbing at one of the elementary schools tomorrow, working
my regular hours at the library on Wed, Thurs, and Fri, and
participating in a church activity on Saturday.

Church congregation approved the budget for the year which includes a
line item to establish a part time secretary position --- now I have to
wait for Council to get everything worked out, how they are going to
handle the interviewing and hiring, etc. and then I'll be applying for
that job -- and unless someone comes out of hte woodwork who is really
a better fit for the job, I expect I'll have another new job again in
about 2 months (keeping the library job as well -- between teh two I'll
be working full time or close to it) I'll most likely quit the fabric
store completely if/when I get the job at church and will have to
significantly cut back on my subbing days out of necessity (will be
obligated elsewhere most of the week)

Thanks to the weight I lost since my grandfather died in June (18 lbs
approx), my "dressier" work clothes are now beginning to fit better so
dressing appropriately for work isn't much of an issue any more. I
slacked on the make up thing when my face kept breaking out (despite
taking good care to wash it really well, etc), but always try to at
least wear lipstick at the very least and on good days for my face, I
wear a bit more.

Hair is unruly -- anyone got tips on how to get hair rolled properly on
hot curlers -- the ends of my hair don't want to grip on the rollers
and therefore they don't roll like they should (too hot to use any
paper products I can think of). ,y current method does't work real
well -- grab the ends, twist them, then forcefully wrap it around the
curler and roll by sheer determination -- usually a disaster results
when unrolled. Got some dermatological issues with my scalp and it
requires the use of harsh shampoos (some head and shoulders combination
of two different specialty shampoos mixed together before applying,
etc. used approx. every other day -- ack, my poor hair!) so my hair is
constantly dry and fly-away now -- conditioner isn't helping much so
I'm open to suggestions.....

okay, there is more but words elude me at this point in time....

Finally got snow here.....that has stuck around --- the business owners
are happier, although many things are very low compared to most
years....

Tricia

Jessamy wrote:
it *was* short and to the point

Old January 22nd 07, 05:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jessamy

woo hooo on the jobs! it looks like things are starting to work out nicely!
for the hair: there are hair masks available (here at most supermarkets,
drug stores etc.) things like Ghul and herbal essences have it . slather
onto the tips of your hair keeping it off the problem skin and at least the
portion that gets the mask will behave better :-) I can't comment on curlers
as the last time I used them all by myself I ended up having to go to the
hairdressers to have them CUT out :-(( my long time trick to getting curlier
hair is to wash and then make lost of small (but not tiny!) plaits - about
10 max then coil each plait into a bun and leave to dry - I used to use
selvage strips to tie the buns in place LOL when un-plaited it's all curly
and wavy - all you need to do is lightly brush or finger comb :-)

--
Jessamy

Jessamy wrote:
it *was* short and to the point

Old January 23rd 07, 01:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

So glad to hear things are going well for you! The library job sounds like
fun, and I'll keep fingers crossed for the church secretary position!

IMO you ought to consult a good hairdresser and explain all your shampoo
issues. Maybe a shorter cut that doesn't need hot rollers would help both
your hair and your scalp. (And would save a lot of time in the morning too,
now that you have so many jobs!)
Roberta in D

oups.com...

Jessamy wrote: