Focus on Design: Storm at Sea

Old September 29th 06, 02:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KittyG

Default Focus on Design: Storm at Sea

Snuggles are good. Thank you Donna.

--
KittyG

~kitty in phx~

http://community.webshots.com/user/kittykatchee

"Donna973" wrote in message
. ..
Kitty, your Star Circle quilt is beautiful! I love being able to see it
in it's design state and then finished. A lot of quilts never make it
that far.g I also love your log cabin lap quilt. It looks so comfy; a
perfect snuggle quilt.
--
Donna
http://community.webshots.com/user/donna9736

"KittyG" wrote in message
Really just whatever size you are comfortable working with - and how many
you will have to make.

The circle effect is unexpected when you first look at this block but
part of its charm. And you can mix with other blocks as well.

I used S@S with mini Lone Stars for my Star Circle quilt, pics at my
webshots link.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Have fun!

--
KittyG

~kitty in phx~

http://community.webshots.com/user/kittykatchee

"Megwen Woodham" wrote in message
What size block does anyone recommend? I want to maximise the curve
effect and I'm not sure how big the finished block needs to be. Can
anyone help, please?

Thanks,

Megwen

Bath, England

Old September 29th 06, 02:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KittyG

Thank you Sandy.

--

"Sandy Foster" wrote in message
In article z0WSg.593$BC6.247@fed1read01,
"KittyG" wrote:

Really just whatever size you are comfortable working with - and how many
you will have to make.

The circle effect is unexpected when you first look at this block but
part
of its charm. And you can mix with other blocks as well.

I used S@S with mini Lone Stars for my Star Circle quilt, pics at my
webshots link.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Have fun!

Gorgeous, Kitty! Wow!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education

Old September 29th 06, 02:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna973

Just as a general FYI, Quilt University is having a class in Storm at Sea
starting later in October. I don't know anything else about it, but thought
it worth mentioning. NAYY with QU, just a happy class taker....