Envirotex

Old January 5th 05, 09:58 PM
Maddy

LOL! Thank you again for the hint about the temp....it's 76 here today!
Sheesh! I've lived here since '64 and I still can't get used to having
practically no seasons. I'm in Houston, Texas. BUT! We had SNOW on Christmas
Eve this year! Very exciting for us but all those who were here from up
north, for the Holidays, thought we were crazy! And maybe we were...

Maddy
"Sarajane" wrote in message
ups.com...
you are welcome Maddy, and please do report back on your results---tho
you may want to wait till its warmer---the cold makes for more bubbles
when its setting up.

Old January 6th 05, 04:46 PM
Sarajane

you are in Houston, eh, Maddy? I'll be coming over your way in May to
do three demos at the Lone Star Retreat. Are you going?

Old January 7th 05, 07:22 AM
Xane T.

On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 20:22:01 GMT, "Maddy"
wrote:

I'm lurking again! Rather, looking again, for some information about
Envirotex polymer compound. Has anyone used it on baked polymer clay? It
looks like the perfect way to get that glass-like surface. I have some
Christmas money and want to spend it the best way!

Maddy

Envirotex is best used on flat, level surfaces. I recently wrote up an
article on using envriotex on a tabletop. I'm not sure how easy it
would be to use it to dip polymer beads, for instance.

One other note: the reason the Envriotex instructions don't mention
using isopropyl alcohol to get rid of bubbles because if you use a LOT
of alcohol, it will make the envriotex weak, and it will bend/break
easily [like partially hardened hot glue]. This is not an issue if you
just spray enough to pop the bubbles.

Link to writeup:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.woodworking/browse_thread/thread/7a43cac3750746d5/b11b46e19f8b3832?q=xane+T+envirotex&_done=%2Fgroup s%3Fq%3Dxane+T+envirotex%26&_doneTitle=Back+to+Sea rch&&d#b11b46e19f8b3832
Old January 7th 05, 12:57 PM
Maddy

I only wish I could! I'm a working stiff and have already taken too much
time off with a broken ankle and then the flu (never mind that my husband is
out of work for a year). I'm a hairdresser and work on straight
commission...no work, no money. Another reason I don't get anywhere near
enough time to play! Besides, I'm much too green and could probably not keep
up with everyone else. I just do what I can, when I can. Trying to figure
out how I can retire early:-) Which reminds me...must get a lotto ticket
this weekend!

Maddy
oups.com...

Old January 7th 05, 01:06 PM
Maddy

Thanks, Xane. I found instructions at one Envirotex site on coating
ornaments by pouring and brushing with an acid brush and how to get rid of
bubbles by blowing across the surface. I don't really want a terribly thick
coat, just enough to get a really good glass-like shine. Who knows, I may
find that sanding and buffing would be easier! LOL!

Maddy

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...read/thread/7a