Request for comments My new Website Jewelry by Donna

Old December 10th 03, 02:11 AM
Jewelry Maker

Default Request for comments My new Website Jewelry by Donna

Hello fellow jewelry makers!

I just put together my first website and would love for any feedback
from you.

www.jewelrybydonna.com

I tried to take a lot of pictures which turned out to take much longer
than I expected but I hope represents my work.

Thanks for having a look and I look forward to any comments.

Best regards,

Donna
Old December 11th 03, 02:03 AM
Terry

Hi Donna,
Your webstore is very well organized, easy to navigate, and uncluttered.
Your photos are clear and closeups show good detail. Personally, I like to
see the whole necklace including the clasp. You don't mention what types of
clasp you use. That's important to some people. Other than that one thing,
you've done a very nice job. Good luck with your store. The competition is
fierce out there.

Terry Case
1 Of A Kind Designs
http://www.1ofakinddesigns.net/mystore/index.htm

Old December 11th 03, 02:03 AM
Terry

Hi Donna,
I forgot to mention that your jewelry is beautiful!

Old December 22nd 03, 04:00 PM
AireSignDesign

I just put together my first website and would love for any feedback
from you.

Several others have praised your designs and pictures and I agree. I wish my
first attempts at site building were this good. One suggestion I might offer is
to show less on your home page. Instead of providing a birthstone chart here,
why not link it to its own page? I would also further reduce the sizes of the
pictures here to lessen the need to scroll down the page. Entice your visitors
to click on a link (which is like asking for more information), then provide
the detailed photos and multiple options (which you have done). Providing the
copyright information more than once per page is unnecessary (I usually put it
at the bottom).

Regarding the html code, I would use the ADDRESS tag for your contact
information instead of H5 and (now I'm getting really nit-picky) there is a
bit of stray code near the top of your page caused by an ending tag that
doesn't have a corresponding opening tag ( -- ). Hopefully, this criticism has
been constructive and is meant to encourage you. No hard rules or guiding
principles are presented here, only one person's opinion.

-MarbleMyke
http://members.aol.com/AireSignDesign
"Mobilizing Creative Endeavors"