Mum's gone

Old December 23rd 10, 04:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

Default Mum's gone

On 23/12/2010 16:03, Shirley Shone wrote:
In message , Kate
XXXXXX writes
Mum's gone...

My mentor in Life

My friend

Sensible, generous, gently eccentric: she of the acerbic with and the
cheeky giggle. No more.

Sudden, but peaceful.

I feel kind of rudderless and cut loose. Odd.

So sorry to hear that Kate.
Hugs
Shirley

Thank you.

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old December 23rd 10, 04:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kathyl

--
Kate *XXXXXX *R.C.T.Q Madame Chef des Trolls
Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttonshttp://www.katedicey.co.uk

I'm so sorry for your loss, Kate. But your short, loving description
made me smile. It was poetry. Cyber hugs to you and yours. Kathyl
Old December 23rd 10, 04:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

On 23/12/2010 16:45, Kathyl wrote:
On Dec 23, 9:30 am, Kate
wrote:
Mum's gone...

My mentor in Life

My friend

Sensible, generous, gently eccentric: she of the acerbic with and the
cheeky giggle. No more.

Sudden, but peaceful.

I feel kind of rudderless and cut loose. Odd.

Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttonshttp://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

I'm so sorry for your loss, Kate. But your short, loving description
made me smile. It was poetry. Cyber hugs to you and yours. Kathyl

Thank you. She's going to be greatly missed by many.

Old December 23rd 10, 05:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

So sorry Kate.

Sudden is so hard for those left behind; but a blessing to the one
leaving. If you can think of it like that, it might help. My M-I-L can
even say that herself now, about D.'s Dad's death.

You will miss her greatly - I still miss mine after 20+ years; but it
gets easier simply to realise and then talk to her as if she's still
there. She'll still be your mentor and watch over you and your family.

While love for her still exists, she'll be there with you.

Terrible timing, though; that is very sad.
..
In message , Kate
XXXXXX writes
Mum's gone...

My mentor in Life

My friend

Sensible, generous, gently eccentric: she of the acerbic with and the
cheeky giggle. No more.

Sudden, but peaceful.

I feel kind of rudderless and cut loose. Odd.

--
Best Regards
Pat on the Green
Old December 23rd 10, 05:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

So sorrry for your loss! You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Barbara in FL

Old December 23rd 10, 05:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Laurie G. in CA[_3_]

Kate - I am so sorry! What a terrible shock this must have been for you.
Sounds like your mum was an amazing woman! Please know you have cyber hugs
coming from my end of the world for you and your family.

Laurie G. in CA

o.uk...

Old December 23rd 10, 05:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

On 23/12/2010 17:32, Laurie G. in CA wrote:
Kate - I am so sorry! What a terrible shock this must have been for you.
Sounds like your mum was an amazing woman! Please know you have cyber hugs
coming from my end of the world for you and your family.

A bit of a shock, though she has been unwell for a while...

She was a great friend. Thank you.

Old December 23rd 10, 06:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

Dearest Kate, I am so sorry. I know of no words that can ease the
grief that comes of losing someone who sounds wonderful and who was
such an important part of your life. Please be kind and gentle to
yourself. You gave your mother the greatest gift -- a close and loving
relationship with her child. Please know that you will be in my
thoughts and prayers over these next days as you and your family go
about the business of honoring your mother by loving each other and
remembering her with love and joy.

Hugs,
Sunny
Old December 23rd 10, 07:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
ME-Judy[_2_]

HUGS and prayers are on their way. It's difficult to lose a parent
(or anybody close) so near a Holiday. Just remember that your "friend
and mentor" will always be with you in spiritand be there to guide
you.
ME-Judy

On Dec 23, 10:30*am, Kate XXXXXX
wrote:
Mum's gone...

My mentor in Life

My friend

Sensible, generous, gently eccentric: she of the acerbic with and the
cheeky giggle. *No more.

Sudden, but peaceful.

I feel kind of rudderless and cut loose. *Odd.

--
Kate *XXXXXX *R.C.T.Q Madame Chef des Trolls
Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttonshttp://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

OT - just a mum? Bruce Fletcher (remove dentures to reply) Needlework 0 March 15th 09 01:33 PM
Ot Just A Mum Dee in Oz Quilting 4 April 18th 05 05:15 PM
To Mum Anna Vuori Yarn 2 November 12th 03 06:28 PM
Vs: Vs: You are right Mum... Pirjo Ilvesvuori Yarn 4 September 2nd 03 12:43 PM
You are right Mum... NoraBalcer Yarn 0 August 31st 03 03:52 PM