OT Diet coke vs vitamins/prescriptions

Old August 10th 09, 04:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

Default OT Diet coke vs vitamins/prescriptions

My meds affect the way I write. Use to have 'near-perfect' sentence
structure. Now I use a lot of dashes, forget the commas, use colons where it
should have been a comma and only AFTER I hit send do I realize 'I did it
again'. I gave up fighting it. To me, it's MORE important to be able to even
type and not have to use my talkie machine(didn't even put it ON this
compie YAY!). I use the spell check when I remember to.

Butterfly (I'm crocheting again (short times but I'm doing it) and I never
ever thought I'd ever ever do that again so I'm happy : )

"J*" wrote in message
wow, only 90 minute delay?
i'm totally impressed, Polly.
takes me days sometimes.
i've given up and try to explain to dh what i'm wanting to figure out the
word.
sometimes he gets it, sometimes now, my fault for not being able to
describe
the word effectively.
oh well.
dealing with 'c.r.a.f.t.' in the south pacific,
j.

"Polly Esther" wrote...
I've noticed that my word memory runs about 90 minutes behind. When we
were
talking about naming quilts earlier, my memory would not bring up the word
'pretentious'. Sometimes the namer of the quilt gets an illusion
(delusion?) of grandeur when something else would be so much nicer. I
understand. Polly

"Dr. Zachary Smith" wrote, in part Odd you should put it that way. I
have
noticed more than anyone what
the ravages of age, disease, and medication are doing to both my
vocabulary and writing style (not to mention personality). I'm
finding it increasingly difficult to choose the right word resulting
in my posts being inundated with slashes (word/word/word). I also
seem to be gravitating toward run-on sentences.

Old August 10th 09, 08:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Leslie (and others who may be reading here!)
Whenever you have concern about ANY medicine, whether Prescribed (Rx) or
Over the Counter (OTC), the best one to ask is your Pharmacist. People think
of the Pharmacists only for Rx but they are experts on OTC as well. BTW: I
just use plain, cool water for all meds. Works for me!
Pat in VA/USA

"Leslie& The Furbabies in MO." wrote in message
This ng has an amazing amount of knowledge available and I haven't been
successful in my internet searches for an answer, so I come to y'all- once
again- for answers.

A friend told me that any prescription medicines or vitamins that I take
with a swig of my much-loved Diet Cherry Coke are a waste. She claims the
Coke will cause my body to not absorb them or the Coke will 'destroy or
breakdown the meds/vitamins or some such. I really didn't pay much
attention since I didn't want to hear that stuff. (She lectures me on the
dangers of any diet drink.) Does anybody know if this has any truth to it
or not? Or any ideas on what or how I can search to find out for certain?

And, please, no lectures on drinking Diet Cherry Coke- it's one of the
small pleasures I have left. ;-)

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.