OTOT fashion whine

Old May 28th 08, 01:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jane Zoerb

Default OTOT fashion whine - shoes

Kellie
Try Walker's Wearhouse online. I wear the MBT's and my heels don't hurt
anymore.

--
Jane http://windigothreads.shutterfly.com

"Kellie J Berger" wrote in message
news
Debra, I am with you there! So where do you go for good shoes?

I've been searching for months for new shoes to no avail. and just WHO
decided that when you get to size 11 or 12 shoe, you really have no
fashion sense and no desire at all at all for comfort? And WHY do the
heel sizes seem to double from a sz 6 or 7 to a size 11 or 12? Like i
need more height.

Thought i found some good size 11 sandles with an arch support, but now
aftera day of wearing them, my heel is killin me... guess I needed a 12.
I passed them on to DD1 who is 12 yo and wearing a sz 10. She said they
are fine for her. (and yes, i apologize to her frequently for giving her
big feet)

--
Kellie J. Berger
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Debra" wrote in message
On Thu, 15 May 2008 09:35:30 -0700 (PDT), amy in CNY
wrote:

yes...i'm a petite plus, too. sooo hard to find stuff. i do make some
of my clothes, but the "party" stuff i have to go buy. i do like the
hi-end stores for that, or the local boutiques. i dont mind the extra
cost for a special occasion. LLBean is great for outdoors stuff, too.
and lets not get into shoes......

amy in CNY

If you don't wear size 11 or higher (or a really really small size
like a 4), please don't complain about finding shoes. I just lost one
of my two shoe sources.
Debra in VA
See my quilts at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/designsbydeb/

Old May 11th 10, 11:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
IMS[_6_]

Default OTOT fashion whine

On Wed, 14 May 2008 23:19:39 -0500, "Polly Esther"
wrote:

It has always been difficult to be a junior high size - at 18, 21, 41, 61
... well, Always. Today it became even worse. I puzzled that all the
women on the tv news, weather and whatnot were wearing low-cut New Year's
Eve party clothes and their WonderBras. Today it hit home.
I ordered a nice tunic for a very special graduation ceremony.
FedEx.
Tracking it, it went from MO to MS to KS to TN back to MO back to TN
back to MS and finally here. Twelve days. I showed the delivery guy the
tracking chart. He said they must smoke a lot of the fun stuff at the
center.
I tried on the tunic. Lovely. Elegant. Understated. Unless, of
course, you consider the concern that I don't have a new ring for my
bellybutton.
Had to remove the sleeve caps, take out about 3" from the neckline and
replace the sleeves. Not a big deal. Easy, actually. Good grief. Where
do we buy clothes if we are not wanting to look like a Happy Hooker? with
apology to my crocheting friends, Polly

Oh I can so relate to this. I have to alter everything I get; the
sleeves and pant legs are always too long, etc. It's great to have
the right 'tools' to do the job, isn't it!

-Irene
Old May 12th 10, 08:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

wrote:

[...]

There is always the kid section.
Husky boys jeans fit over the hips, and I at least can usually find the
right length, though you often have to belt them.
It is better than having to try and find a thigh length sweater because
they seem to have left off half the top part of the jeans though.
If you have breasts you are out of luck on tops though. Most of what I
have found in shops is made for someone with no curves, designed to offer
up your bosom to the gaze of the masses, or misracked from the camping
section because nobody believes they make tents in such obnoxious prints
and colors. There are always T-shirts and sweatshirts.

I generally find it less of a pain to make new rather than alter. Half
the time you end up doing so much work to alter something you've bought
that you might just as well have started from scratch anyway.

DD3 has also taken to shopping the boy's and men's sections and stores.
Not only does she find things that fit better, but she got sick of snarky
remarks from shop clerks in ladies wear and shops. A clerk at Deb's
actually told her she should try Lane Bryant because "Deb's doesn't
carry plus sizes." This after DD asked if they had an item in a size 10.
She needed some "girl clothes" for an event recently. Shopping was out,
she hates showing skin. So I made her a cheongsam and some loose trous
to go under it. Being all about things oriental she was well pleased
with it. I got to play with making frogs too. Which can be a great deal
of fun if you have an ample supply of cord.

NightMist

--
I'm raising a developmentally disabled child. What's your superpower?
Old May 12th 10, 12:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie& The Furbabies in MO.

I stocked up on inexpensive camisoles and tank tops in every color I could
find- most with a bit of lace across the front. These go under nearly
everything I wear for some modesty. Since I am seriously short waisted it
multiplies the 'low cut' problem for me. Ugh. What are the clothing
designers' problems with baring it all??? Nobody wants a V-neck top that
shows their belly button.... and everything else.

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old May 12th 10, 01:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ruby

Well light bulb moment. It explains why the weather woman on tv looks
the way she looks. she is very tiny and not young but always seems to
dress like she shops in the teen shops. She seems to have a couple of
skirt suits which really look good on hr but I suppose she cannot wear
them every night. I have considered emailing her about her taste in
clothes but now I get it. she does manage to stay away from the short
tops, tends more to those low cut flowing things.
Ruby
Old May 12th 10, 04:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bonnie Patterson[_2_]

I'm short all over, arms, fingers, legs, but the worst of all is I am
short from crotch to waist, all of my pants when pulled up end right
under my breasts. If they have no pockets I just lower the waist,
can't do that to jeans! As soon as I loose 20 pounds I'll be able to
wear my Levis that I buy in the men's dept. because they have the
waist where my waist is.
Bonnie, in Middletown, VA

OTOT - Flying Cindy Schmidt Quilting 19 June 8th 07 04:26 PM
OTOT Pigs Gillian Murray Needlework 0 January 23rd 05 09:17 PM
OTOT water problem Carolyn McCarty Quilting 10 October 11th 04 06:57 PM
OTOT update the black rose Quilting 14 October 1st 04 12:33 AM