polymer clay masks update

Old March 20th 05, 09:07 PM
Sarajane Helm

Well Diana, I'm supposed to be not too loud about this...but there was a
Miniature Mask Swap in 2002..and 2003, and 2004........and well......here we
are in a lovely new year......

--
Sarajane's Polyclay Gallery
Beads-Dolls-Wearable Art

Old March 20th 05, 10:19 PM
Diana Curtis

I see the groups got slightly larger, year by lovely year. I imagine that
trend is one which will continue. Does the hostess break these large groups
into slightly smaller groups?
Diana

--
I know all the answers, it's the questions I have problems with

Old March 21st 05, 12:27 AM
Sarajane Helm

no, the greedy but practical swapmeistress keeps it in groups of ten. That
makes it manageable for participants, ten masks each of a kind, that fits
in a 3"x3" square. Ten isnt such a big number....

but its tough for the poor (albeit greedy) swapmeistress, stuck making ten
for each group because she really can't stand missing out on any of the
litle goodies... (sob, said the crocodile....) especially when each year the
number of participants grows.

Old March 21st 05, 09:18 AM
mermaidscove

So an artist would make 10 alike or 10 different?

Ingrid

Old March 21st 05, 09:26 AM
mermaidscove

Looks very good! ( I asked a dumb question but figured out the answer
after looking around a little more so I deleted it...)

Ingrid

Old March 21st 05, 02:26 PM
Sarajane Helm

Ingrid, USUALLY the swapper makes ten masks alike for each group they are
in. Sometimes the ten may have variations of trim, etc. howver this does
make it harder because then you may get to hear "how come I didn't get one
like that". Last time we did six groups of ten. I don't have them scanned
and up on the web it was too overwhelming at the time---just making sixty
masks and doing the swap itself was kinda huge. And it filled all slots
within hours of announcement, and I could have doubled it just by allowing
people to do more than 3 groups each! But I don;t want anybody in my swaps
feeling overwhelmed, its hard enough when Bryan and I do!

Old March 22nd 05, 07:44 AM
mermaidscove

Wow, that really is a lot to do, I can see why you have it limited. I
haven't done many things in multiples myself, so far. I do series of
things but usually different from one to the next. I'd have to put
extra thought into making a design that was more reproducable for
something like this.