Worst stitching purchase

Old December 30th 07, 03:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
anne

Default Worst stitching purchase

Following up on the worst projects, how about tools, accessories or
whatevers that you found to be almost useless?

I'll start

Clover mini iron - words can't express what a waste of money that was

Cord makers -- All my stitching buddies had one so I bought a battery
powered one that worked great for a while. When it died, I bought a
manual one that I hated so I bought another battery powered one that
I've used maybe 3 times
--
another anne, add ingers to reply
Old December 30th 07, 03:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Dec 30, 11:46 am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 12/30/07 10:05 AM, in article
, "anne"
wrote:

Following up on the worst projects, how about tools, accessories or
whatevers that you found to be almost useless?

I'll start

Clover mini iron - words can't express what a waste of money that was

Cord makers -- All my stitching buddies had one so I bought a battery
powered one that worked great for a while. When it died, I bought a
manual one that I hated so I bought another battery powered one that
I've used maybe 3 times

Now, I've wanted to try a cord maker, could have used one a few times but
have never bitten the bullet to buy one.
What was wrong with the iron? I know a quilter that loves hers.

My worst so far - the cheap stand I bought - USELESS.

Cheryl

I found one on sale, and thought it looked really cool: one of those
Helping Hand pattern holders. We didn't have a chair arm that it would
attach to, and it wouldn't sit on my frame at the right angle. It went
to the church flea market.

Louisa
Old December 30th 07, 10:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Kay Lancaster

On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 10:46:55 -0500, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:
manual one that I hated so I bought another battery powered one that
I've used maybe 3 times

Now, I've wanted to try a cord maker, could have used one a few times but
have never bitten the bullet to buy one.

psst: chuck a cup hook or a hook made from a wire coathanger into a drill,
and you've got a cord maker. Or tie the strands to one beater of a
kitchen mixer.

hm... mine... probably some metallic thread that was so rough I abraded my
fingers to the point they bled on the piece and I had to stop in the middle
and clean the embroidery...

Kay

Old December 30th 07, 10:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Pat P

"anne" wrote in message
. ..
Following up on the worst projects, how about tools, accessories or
whatevers that you found to be almost useless?

I'll start

Clover mini iron - words can't express what a waste of money that was

Cord makers -- All my stitching buddies had one so I bought a battery
powered one that worked great for a while. When it died, I bought a
manual one that I hated so I bought another battery powered one that
I've used maybe 3 times
--
another anne, add ingers to reply

Those silly double ended needles.

Pat

Old December 30th 07, 11:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Shirley Shone

In message , Pat P
writes

"anne" wrote in message
Following up on the worst projects, how about tools, accessories or
whatevers that you found to be almost useless?

I'll start

Clover mini iron - words can't express what a waste of money that was

Cord makers -- All my stitching buddies had one so I bought a battery
powered one that worked great for a while. When it died, I bought a
manual one that I hated so I bought another battery powered one that
I've used maybe 3 times
--
another anne, add ingers to reply

Those silly double ended needles.

Pat

Which you sent to me along with some beading needles.
Shirley
--
Shirley Shone

http://www.allcrafts.org.uk
Old December 31st 07, 02:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
BeverlyB

I love my Helping Hand chart holder, in fact I own two of them. My worst
purchase was a sit on it type of scroll rod stand. I hate it , could never
get comfortable using it and it just did not hold my stitching in the right
position to suit me. It is still sitting in my closet.
Beverly B

Old December 31st 07, 05:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C in California

BeverlyB wrote:

I love my Helping Hand chart holder, in fact I own two of them. My
worst purchase was a sit on it type of scroll rod stand. I hate it ,
could never get comfortable using it and it just did not hold my
stitching in the right position to suit me. It is still sitting in my
closet.
Beverly B

I'll take it off your hands.

--
Karen C - California
Editor/Proofreader www.IntlProofingConsortium.com

Finished 12/25/07 -- several scarves for kids in Kosovo

WIP: Sesame Street group picture, MLI The Teacher (gift to the library),
Bethany Angel, Flowers of Hawaii (Jeanette Crews) for ME!!!
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel

www.CFSfacts.org where we give you the facts and dispel the myths
Myths, with research cites: http://www.aacfs.org/images/pdfs/myths.pdf

the worst places to sell bead jewellery [email protected] Beads 1 November 3rd 07 05:53 PM
worst phishing message I have seen yet [email protected] Beads 0 January 31st 06 09:45 PM
The worst is over Polly S. Beads 7 September 27th 05 03:47 AM
OT - Story: The worst punishment of all lgreene Beads 1 June 23rd 04 05:15 PM